Opportunity Costs

41 replies to this topic

#41 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:45 PM

View PostMrJeffers, on 26 February 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

I doubt it's 50K either, I think its going to be much less. And in any case, this isn't having any effect on *development* which I said before, and now you have moved the goal posts to be 'lost future revenue'. And by that criteria they should stop having event weekends and giving away MC, cockpit items, mech bays, etc.

Well I think it's going to be much more, so there's that. Lost revenue, lost funds, in the end it's going to be money lost which could be used to further develop this game, even if it's always been really slow. This tournament is mainly going to interest the few tryhard units, events on the other hand is trying to involve all players to try and get them hooked on the game. The target group of the tournament is much smaller and the gains will also be much smaller, especially since the organized unit players are usually steady spenders already.

Edited by Torgun, 26 February 2016 - 01:46 PM.

#42 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:38 PM

Entry fees could cover a large amount of the cost and prize money, When i played Paintball competitively they would just give the wining team about 55% of the entry fees from all teams there. Rest was for Insurance, payed staff and what was left over was profit.

I have yet to see PGI say, we are taking that 100k from PGI bank accounts, etc.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users