8 replies to this topic

#1 McMurl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 186 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:36 PM

So recently ive been taking alot of damage and im never notified that im taking said damage. no HUD notification, no paper doll flashing, no sounds of anything hitting me, nothing. ill just be standing there, in the middle of my team, then we start moving and i notice that one side of my mech has no armor, or has taken serious damage.

Is this working as intended? am i not supposed to have any notification that im taking damage? im gonna say about 70% of the time i do receive some form of notice that im taking damage, however most of that time is from the sounds, and 30% of the time i receive nothing, just all of a sudden red structure. sometimes ill be looking at my paper doll for whatever reason, and ill take some damage and the damage will just show up, there wont be any flashing on my paper doll.

Is anyone else having this issue?

#2 mariomanz28

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 188 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationForest VA US

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:48 PM

It's been like that for ages, Sometimes no sound, no little red indicator or anything, just suddenly half of your mech is melted. Seems to be worse lately though.

#3 Intrepid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:18 PM

Yes :(

#4 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:28 PM

I used to call that Ghost Damage...before PGI went and tested actual Ghost Damage.

It's a thing that's been around a long time. I used to think it was an artefact of HSR (your end was in the clear, but the shooter hit you on his side, server agreed with him), but the laser LOLphas seem to trigger it more often then not (you don't hear the durations/burns, but take the damage).

It's not game breaking, but it can be annoying and cost you the match (thinking you have more HP than you actually do)

#5 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:40 PM

Wow, it's good to hear this is a thing. I''ve had healthy st's just blow off almost from nowhere seemingly. Recently as in after the patch, my in game performance has taken a nose dive. Semi related, my ebj and warduck seem insanely fragile. One has always been known to be a bit soft on the nose, but the other is, come on, an 85 tonner. Don't really care for quirks, other than flavor, but would be nice to have some ct structure. Sneeze. Critical. Dead. Sorry didn't mean to detract so much

Edited by JackalBeast, 23 February 2016 - 10:41 PM.

#6 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:32 PM

Happening to me too, i thought it was HSR, especially as im in Australia on 3G wireless but guess not.

#7 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:52 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 23 February 2016 - 10:28 PM, said:

I used to call that Ghost Damage...before PGI went and tested actual Ghost Damage.

It's a thing that's been around a long time. I used to think it was an artefact of HSR (your end was in the clear, but the shooter hit you on his side, server agreed with him), but the laser LOLphas seem to trigger it more often then not (you don't hear the durations/burns, but take the damage).

It's not game breaking, but it can be annoying and cost you the match (thinking you have more HP than you actually do)

Yup. Definitely seems to happen more when there is a large ping variance too. Doesn't matter which way, but if your ping is 40 and his is 300, or vice versa, you'll notice it much more. I haven't had a problem with it at all since switching to the N. American servers exclusively.

#8 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:30 AM

View Postmariomanz28, on 23 February 2016 - 09:48 PM, said:

It's been like that for ages, Sometimes no sound, no little red indicator or anything, just suddenly half of your mech is melted. Seems to be worse lately though.

I've always chalked it up to a bugged match.

It happens way too often though!

#9 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:59 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 23 February 2016 - 10:28 PM, said:

Yeah when you try to fire and realise you got no arms and you didnt even notice them come off. Its bs and between this and severe reg failure it is gamebreaking for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users