Pgi Should Be Paying Me For Qa At This Point.

25 replies to this topic

#21 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:04 AM

View PostXiphias, on 24 February 2016 - 07:59 AM, said:

The OP is poorly worded to make the correct point, but the issue he is trying to point out is the heat generated not the floating arm bug (which has been around forever).

The heat bug is not new as I saw mention of it before they made the most recent changes. They apparently either had it in game, but no one saw it due to the lack of flamer use, or they added it when they changed how flamers functioned.

Either way the issue appears to be that when a component (in this case an arm) containing flamers is destroyed it breaks the heat generation see 1:27 in the video. Effectively, flamers generate increased heat the longer they are on continuously. When the component with flamers is destroyed it appears that instead of being counted as off the flamers are still considered to be active (at least as far as the heat counter is concerned). This means that the next time any remaining flamers are fired they generate excessive amounts of heat because of the incorrect counter from the destroyed flamers.

In essence, the bug renders flamers unusable if any other flamers on the mech are destroyed. The floating arm is not the bug in question, but a suggestion as to what might have triggered the heat bug.

Yeah, didn't read all the way down. This guy beat me to it.

#22 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:09 AM

And OP is of course decides he's the one, who discovered the bug first, and publishes it into General Discussion, so that everyone could witness his unparalleled glory...

#23 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:12 AM

You would be surprised what bugs are and are not reported. Remember the SMN wonky arm? Nobody reported it for several months until I messaged a QA guy on twitter, and he dropped into a private lobby with me and I showed it to him. Everyone just assumed it was reported, but it wasn't. Same thing with weapon groups beyond 10 weapons being shuffled. You are most welcome. :P

Unless you specifically go out of your way to report it to the right people, don't expect it to be logged. Speaking of, gonna link this to him now.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 24 February 2016 - 10:15 AM.

#24 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:17 AM

View PostDivineEvil, on 24 February 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

And OP is of course decides he's the one, who discovered the bug first, and publishes it into General Discussion, so that everyone could witness his unparalleled glory...

you do realize that you just look like an angry troll who has some personal grudge against the OP right?

You're the only one even remotely suggesting silly things like this just trying to discredit and smear the OP's name on the forums. Maybe you could try posting something on topic and pertinent instead of consistent and nonstop personal attacks?

#25 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:00 AM

View PostTyler Valentine, on 24 February 2016 - 10:02 AM, said:

Pretty sure Sader isn't saying the arm remaining is the bug (correct me if I'm wrong man)... from my point of view he's referencing the fact that if a component is destroyed with a firing flamer on it, the game continues registering it as firing even though it was destroyed. Thus, your flamer cooldown never kicks in and any time you fire them for the rest of the match you will very quickly overheat. It's been reported multiple times now.

Ah ok much more understandable.

#26 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:18 AM

View PostPaigan, on 24 February 2016 - 02:41 AM, said:

QA does not mean that the product will have NO bugs.
Even Space Shuttles had bugs despite BILLIONS for QA.
Fatal, life costing, billion-scrapping bugs.
EVERYTHING has bugs.

QA means that from 100 bugs the developed product has, about ~80-99 get found and addressed before the product reaches productive use.

Compared to many other games, MWO is remarkably stable and low on bugs.

You have perfectionistic demands that I am 100% sure not even you yourself can meet in your work, because NO ONE can (and I suppose for little to no money in return. And in a business context, I don't mean "money" in terms of a couple of bucks, but in terms of 4-5 digits.)

I leave the concluding paragraph out. You can think of it yourself.

Do you work on the MWO QA team or something? There have been 3 major flamer bugs since the heat values have changed. Only 1 of which has been hotfixed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users