Suggestions: Mobile App

4 replies to this topic

#1 TheNevers

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:22 AM

I can imagine the website and forum would not do enough damage to my productivity.

Please plan the iOS and/or Android app, These thing u plan the earlier, the better :D

Things that could goes in:
* Stat, (Yes sometimes I Load WoWArmory just to see How cool I look :)
* Merc Corp chat.
* Load out edit (You know, like they did in MW3)
* May be trade/inventory, not sure how those works.
* Calendar which shows event, in offset timeline!
(Please not the wow armory stupid darkmoon/fishing spamming)
* May be forum on the mobile app too.

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:54 AM

Maybe after release and some updates, but not right now. They have their hands full of work now and it isnt the easiest thing to do.

#3 omegaclawe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:16 AM

What would be easier, and possibly better, would be to do something like EVE Online's API key system, which basically allows 3rd parties to make their own PC/iOS/Android/etc. apps to do basic info, without compromising the account's login data. Probably wouldn't let you do chat, but lets be honest: most clans are going to set up chat in outside systems, anyway, so they can talk to people who happen to not currently be playing the game.

#4 Uncl Munkeh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 329 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

I'm not sure I care who develops it, but if access to the forums is part of the gameplay (which I assume it is), having it on android would be great.

#5 Dsi1

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

View PostUncle Monkey, on 20 November 2011 - 03:54 PM, said:

I'm not sure I care who develops it, but if access to the forums is part of the gameplay (which I assume it is), having it on android would be great.

All they'd have to do is make the forums smartphone compatible. Which at this point would just be making a simple "click this, go to new page" log in system, and letting the user stay logged in indefinitely. (The last of which should already be allowed anyways...) Of course, due to not being able to log in with my phone, I don't know how compatible the posting tools are...

Edited by Dsi1, 20 November 2011 - 03:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users