Will player units use a unified color scheme?

5 replies to this topic

#1 WuhSawBe

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationIronhold/Outreach

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

This is a question for the current, established Steiner units out there:

Will you guys/gals be using/encouraging/enforcing a unified color scheme for the all the mechs belonging to members of your unit, or will it be up to the individual? (Even if said matching scheme is juat "appropriate camo")

I'm mostly asking out of curiosity and pure boredom. Has something like this even been discussed in your unit? There is something to be said when all mechs in a unit/lance match, (paint wise) that just makes them seem more organized, and/or legit, rather than just a rag-tag militia group. (unless of course, you ARE playing as an ad-hoc militia group!)

I know I'd probably get more response if I posted this in the "general" section, but lets face it, I'm a STEINER and I couldnt care less how those other houses present themselves! For those that don't knwo what I'm even talking about, check out: http://www.camospecs...ction.asp?ID=10 for some examples of unit paint schemes.

** OT: but if any unit is planning to base themselves off of the Royal Guards or just plan to try and recreate the RG color schemes on their mechs, shoot me a PM if you guys are recruiting pilots!

Edited by WuhSawBe, 13 July 2012 - 11:28 AM.

#2 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Not Steiner here, but i see where you are going and I tend to agree, same camo pattern on a lance or company does make the unit look more organized (imo) and even imtimidating in some cases.

I personally do not care for those camos with "checker boxes" on them unless you are on military parade or something. I mean, these machinces are big enough and ahrd enough to "hide" as is, why put a big ol chechered bulls eye on them?

I tend to like the solids or mixture of 2 or 3 solid colours with (for some strange reason) the Red colours looking the best (and my fav colours are orange and or green) on these metal monsters, but again, its like a big red sign sign in a sea of green foilage or grey buildings saying "Hey, HERE I AM, SHOOT AT ME" lol

#3 Chuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 220 posts
  • LocationKelestra City, Furillo, Grand Duchy of Furillo

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

View Postvettie, on 13 July 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

I personally do not care for those camos with "checker boxes" on them unless you are on military parade or something. I mean, these machinces are big enough and ahrd enough to "hide" as is, why put a big ol chechered bulls eye on them?

Yeah, they don't actually use those in canon if you want to get really really specific. The reason you see everyone using parade schemes on their minis is twofold:

1- It's more recognizable than "camo scheme that is environment appropriate"
2- They don't want to strip and repaint the mini every time they play in a new environment.

So just don't think too much about it when you see one.

Aaaaaanyway, Caesar's Legion allows its pilots to roll with whatever color scheme they want, but it has to be really cool OR ELSE. In fact, "do whatever, but it has to be really cool, OR ELSE" is how most of our rules work.

Edited by Chuggernaut, 13 July 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#4 Endless Ike

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostChuggernaut, on 13 July 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

Yeah, they don't actually use those in canon if you want to get really really specific. The reason you see everyone using parade schemes on their minis is twofold:

1- It's more recognizable than "camo scheme that is environment appropriate"
2- They don't want to strip and repaint the mini every time they play in a new environment.

So just don't think too much about it when you see one.

Aaaaaanyway, Caesar's Legion allows its pilots to roll with whatever color scheme they want, but it has to be really cool OR ELSE. In fact, "do whatever, but it has to be really cool, OR ELSE" is how most of our rules work.

you have my favorite username on these boards. Congratulations.

#5 Alfred VonGunn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,AZ

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Well first we need to make sure PGI adds a feature that allows painting of mechs and such:)

#6 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostAlfred VonGunn, on 11 September 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

Well first we need to make sure PGI adds a feature that allows painting of mechs and such:)

Such a system was described in Dev Blog 06, with some additional details discussed in Dev Q&A 06... :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users