• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:52 AM

View PostAirwolf, on 02 March 2016 - 11:38 PM, said:

As for the trolling and not honoring 1v1 duel requests at the end of the game. It is KCOM's SOP that we *DO NOT TROLL* and that we try to honor 1v1 duel requests (can't guarantee it every time as it is strictly situational and, of course, if we also have pugs on our team). I sincerely apologize if any of our members have done anything against our SOP, including actively trolling or even responding to a troll w/ another troll. Of course "friendly" banter back and forth is a different matter. While it is *NO* excuse for not being respectful and honorable, please understand that we do get a *lot* of unfounded accusations against us and, after time, it *does* get old.

Im kind of dubious on your stance of strick non trolling by KCOM members, I was trolled by Colonel Oneil then mocked on twitch just yesterday.He and a KCOM team of 8 smashed my premade group of 6 and 6 pugs and posts in an all chat in game;

FARMED live on TWITCH TV/colonel_oneil

as if to join him there to have a good laugh about how he smashed a pick up group of tagged steiners and noob pilots with trial mechs. Then when we get more guys on and beat him on an objective rush still tries to troll us.

Come on on guys lets call a spade a spade and say this is a competitive game were everyone trash talks to some degree. Id just ask as you guys are probably the best and one of the most influential units in the game that you guys try to understand how sometimes this hypocrictical behavior by your members makes you look.

Edited by Spider00x, 03 March 2016 - 12:28 PM.

#122 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:41 PM

View PostSpider00x, on 03 March 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

Im kind of dubious on your stance of strick non trolling by KCOM members, I was trolled by Colonel Oneil then mocked on twitch just yesterday.He and a KCOM team of 8 smashed my premade group of 6 and 6 pugs and posts in an all chat in game;

FARMED live on TWITCH TV/colonel_oneil

as if to join him there to have a good laugh about how he smashed a pick up group of tagged steiners and noob pilots with trial mechs. Then when we get more guys on and beat him on an objective rush still tries to troll us.

Come on on guys lets call a spade a spade and say this is a competitive game were everyone trash talks to some degree. Id just ask as you guys are probably the best and one of the most influential units in the game that you guys try to understand how sometimes this hypocrictical behavior by your members makes you look.

grew up. you dropped several times with your premade vs pugs and just walked past them to kill omega. You could have tried to fight em.
then you got farmed by a premade as you triied to walk past them...

#123 Airwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWhere's the dropship? I want off this rock!

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:24 PM

Spider00x,

It *IS* the stance of the KCOM founders to not troll. Having said that, I also acknowledge that it happens. I (along with the other founders) wish that it didn't and when we're around, we try to nip it in the bud immediately. But at the same time, we can't be around 24-7 with the "DON'T TROLL" bat whacking members every time it happens. The founders want KCOM to be seen as professional, adult unit. Once again, I apologize.

Edited by Airwolf, 03 March 2016 - 10:55 PM.

#124 SarntAvery

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:46 AM

View PostSovietArmada, on 01 March 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

This from the same Kcom who I have played against and have used tactics such as camping in their drop ship from the beginning of the match in a counterattack? Who had no issue running out the clock for the full 30 minutes if the attackers chose not to push in there?

The hypocritical level of this post... You have run down the clock on multiple engagements where I have dropped against your group in organized matches.

You guys have 0 right to QQ about it.

It's a cheese tactic, but its a tactic nonetheless to capture the planet while holding, at that moment, the most dangerous threat defending the planet while others continue attacking other sectors.

Kcom has performed the same tactic on multiple occasions, you will have no sympathy from me when the tables are turned and the same tactic is used on you.

Soviet, I'm sorry but...

KCom has not and will NEVER camp under their dropships....
KCom will always aim to end the match swiftly and decisively....
KCom will always pursue the enemy if the enemy does not choose to push....
KCom HAS NEVER run down the clock on ANY, let alone multiple engagements....
KCom has never performed a similar tactic in any MWO matches....
KCom will not QQ....

I wasn't in the match but I think the majority of people have missed the OP's point.
I don't believe he was QQing, but instead discussing a failed game mechanic.

As Pat Kell stated, KCom has tactics to deal with non-participation and the issue never should have been brought to topic.... we have and will continue to perform these tactics regardless of the existence of this post.

This issue is a non-talking point for our unit, as it has never prevented us from finding the enemy.

Edited by SarntAvery, 04 March 2016 - 09:15 AM.

#125 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:53 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 25 February 2016 - 02:19 AM, said:

So youd, as a pug in this situation against a KCOM 12 man (which is an auto loss, yes) would prefer to spitefully sit outside the gate and waste 30 minutes of everyones times (including yours) rather than just accept you're going to get stomped, open the gate, try your best and move on 15 mins later?

Thats like an outmatched football team sitting down in their goal in protest because its not fair that the other team are so much better. incredibly childish.

i think its a great way to protest how the MM works in CW let tryhard so called pro teams fight other tryhard pro teams and have a solo que for players that dont want to play them or be apart of a unit

#126 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:36 PM

View PostSplashDown, on 05 March 2016 - 05:53 AM, said:

i think its a great way to protest how the MM works in CW let tryhard so called pro teams fight other tryhard pro teams and have a solo que for players that dont want to play them or be apart of a unit

I like how you try to get digs in with that.

I'm all for splitting queues -

let people who care about winning and are capable of communication and coordination play in unit queue.

Let people who can't handle working in a group or who don't care about winning play in the solo queue.

I'm 100% in favor of that.

#127 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:30 PM

View PostColonel ONeill, on 03 March 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

grew up. you dropped several times with your premade vs pugs and just walked past them to kill omega. You could have tried to fight em.
then you got farmed by a premade as you triied to walk past them...

i see the key here is not objective rushing, but simply trying to walk between the enemy towards the objective... works only against the most basic recruits in bad builds, normally you need a plan change on the spot or else its target practice

#128 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:04 PM

View PostKaisha, on 24 February 2016 - 11:21 PM, said:

QQ I CAN NO BASH SEALS!??

Really though can you blame them? Why would they want to get farmed?

I strongly support and recommend that behavior.
It is community warfare. warfare. where does it say that we have to stand in line and make it easy to be shot at ?
You wanted to make war ? than suffer guerilla warfare. You wanna farm ? come over the gate and try.

#129 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:32 AM

OP that sucks!
Perhaps you should have ejected into jump capable mechs and gone after the pugs?
Stubbornly sitting and complaining that the pugs didn't play your game is pretty weak when you have alternatives.
They are not the only ones who didn't try.

#130 John Gun

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 99 posts
  • LocationClan Border

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:46 AM

Hm, we certainly had more than one match agains Kcom and we for sure got farmed more than one time and i can't remember
trolling from their side.
Not wanting to say it didn't happen but i think its rare.

For the other thing

Well, holding a strong enemy to buy time for others may be a valid tactic for some, but really, you can try to buy some time with playing defensive after opening the gates, but not opening the gates at all...thats stupid.

Why stupid?

1. You are hanging around the full match timer, could as well have ended it quickly and jumped into the next match, maybe not dropping against Kcom or an other really good premade.

2. Yeah, as mentioned above, i know how it feels to get stomped, but were is the will to fight non the less?
Our way to deal with e.g. Kcom usualy is "ok good chance we might loose, but lets try to do just a little bit better against them then we did last time" even if it is one kill more at the end of the match.
I think thats the way to become better yourself with time, not by sitting in front of closed gates.

#131 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:13 PM

Gorgo, for the record, it is my understanding that they did actually go over the gate after the enemy and if you read the OP carefully you see that he wasn't complaining about the tactic, he was complaining about the inability for the defending team to open the gate. Some people for whatever reason, simply can't get their non jump jet mechs over the gate and end up needing to eject just to take part in the fun. We try to show people how to "walk" over the gate but some just aren't able to get it and being forced to eject because the "attacking" team won't attack is pretty lame. That being said, I want to make it clear that Myself nor any other leader in KCom have issues with this tactic being used, as I have said before, but I do think that as the OP said, it would be nice to be able to open our own gates if we so chose too. Not being able to is the OP's issue, not the tactic. Please re-read the post and it should be clear.

#132 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:22 AM

Yeah, I mis-interpreted the screen grab. Happily the OP was able to win anyway 48-33 while jumping the gates.
His complaint is still moot.
Being able to open the gate would be great if there were other things you could do as well. Like defending the convoy of vehicles, shooting down the helicopter, flaming the infantry, etc.
As it is, it was unsportsmanlike of the attacking team to not attack. Nevertheless the OP seemed to have zero trouble winning.

Thanks Pat.

#133 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:51 AM

Looks like we can add another inferior unit to the list of people desperately trying to ape the NKVA style.

Accept no substitute. NKVA is the #1 unit in both modesty and skill, as well as the world leader in honor, glory, and honour.

#134 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,975 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:54 AM

View PostTasker, on 13 March 2016 - 06:51 AM, said:

Looks like we can add another inferior unit to the list of people desperately trying to ape the NKVA style.

Accept no substitute. NKVA is the #1 unit in both modesty and skill, as well as the world leader in honor, glory, and honour.

dude dont like your own post lol

#135 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:39 AM

Just get rid of the dropship lasers and give mechs 5 seconds of armor after spawning or something if you want them to be spawn protected so badly. If a team refuses to leave their spawn they should be spawncamped and ridiculed without mercy

View PostDavegt27, on 13 March 2016 - 09:54 AM, said:

dude dont like your own post lol

If he didn't like his own post, why would he post it?

#136 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,975 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:48 AM

View PostChef Kerensky, on 13 March 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

Just get rid of the dropship lasers and give mechs 5 seconds of armor after spawning or something if you want them to be spawn protected so badly. If a team refuses to leave their spawn they should be spawncamped and ridiculed without mercy

If he didn't like his own post, why would he post it?

It’s a given to like your own post so you don’t have to hit the like your own post thingy

Just trying to teach you kids how to have a little class

#137 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:50 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 13 March 2016 - 10:48 AM, said:

It’s a given to like your own post so you don’t have to hit the like your own post thingy

Just trying to teach you kids how to have a little class

oh ****, thanks

#138 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:21 PM

My posts are excellent, so that is why I like them. I'm sorry if you can't say the same about your own posts.

#139 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:13 PM

Maybe. I post **** all the time I look back at and wonder what I was thinking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users