Sound Without Game Focused?

General

2 replies to this topic

#1 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:15 AM

Hello, everyone... I've got a simple question to ask, even though I know the answer is nowhere near as simple. :unsure:

Is there any way to be able to hear MWO's audio while the game window is unfocused, kind of like when you accidentally cause it by starting it up and clicking onto another window before it can start making noise? :mellow:

When I'm looking about the forums, or dealing with a few things (like TeamSpeak) while setting up for a match, not having any audio from the game at all is rather disturbing. It would be nice to be able to hear things like the game's music and voting alerts, as well as when it goes quiet just before it starts loading the map and object data for a match. :huh:

~D. V. "Waiting for a helpful answer, because sound is useful..." Devnull

(p.s.: Moderators, if I've placed this thread in the wrong forum area, please message me and move it where better help can be given.)

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:47 AM

Since there's been no response in three days, I'm throwing a bump on this for helpful replies. Seriously, not having even an option to enable sound with the application unfocused isn't helpful! :(

~D. V. "Isn't there anyone with useful knowledge about this?" Devnull

#3 Clint Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 567 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:52 AM

Not aware of anyway to do that, sometimes wish I could too.

Pretty sure it would have to be implemented by PGI (some MMOs have a checkbox to allow/disallow audio when focus is lost), maybe there is a game.cfg line that does it but that's just a guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users