33 replies to this topic

#21 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:17 AM

Are u all nuts?! the Fridge in MWO looks amazing!.

#22 TheCharlatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:58 AM

The Ice Fridge looks hideous.
In a good way.

#23 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:17 AM

I always thought the Ice Ferret looks like Mr. Toad from Wolf among us.

#24 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:16 AM

View PostTheCharlatan, on 26 February 2016 - 05:58 AM, said:

The Ice Fridge looks hideous.
In a good way.

What, like E.T.?

#25 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 757 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:10 AM

if people refuse to pilot an ice ferret because its ugly, than why to people pilot a catapract??? That's one of the ugliest mechs in the game!

#26 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:22 PM

View PostWindscape, on 27 February 2016 - 11:10 AM, said:

if people refuse to pilot an ice ferret because its ugly, than why to people pilot a catapract??? That's one of the ugliest mechs in the game!

Whatchyu talkin' 'bout? MWO Cataphract actually looks amazing compared to it's TT cousin. PGI took all of the derp out of it:

Posted Image

#27 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:25 PM

You take back those remarks! My Ice Ferret is a beautiful, strong, independent mech!
Posted Image

#28 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:41 PM

Am I the only one who has not a single problem with the Ice Ferret in terms of the chassis actual appearance? Posted Image

The last thing I want is my ice ferret looking like a raven with hellbringer arms due to the community dictated opinions on how it should look like...

If people really hate the ice ferret why can't they just buy some other mech instead of trying to ruin it for the people who do like it.

#29 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:32 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 27 February 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

Am I the only one who has not a single problem with the Ice Ferret in terms of the chassis actual appearance? Posted Image

The last thing I want is my ice ferret looking like a raven with hellbringer arms due to the community dictated opinions on how it should look like...

If people really hate the ice ferret why can't they just buy some other mech instead of trying to ruin it for the people who do like it.

Seriously. In the totem pole of mechs that need a ground up redesign, the IFR is far from the top of the pile. I save that distinction for the Warhawk. Any 85 tonner that looks like a 100 tonner, even if resized, and made functionally gimped at its intended role of long range warfare over terrain as a byproduct of that redesign (the arms were made quite a bit lower) needs help. Further, it doesn't even look like a Warhawk - and it was a damned sexy piece of hardware before Alex changed it up.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 27 February 2016 - 05:33 PM.

#30 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:01 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 27 February 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

Seriously. In the totem pole of mechs that need a ground up redesign, the IFR is far from the top of the pile. I save that distinction for the Warhawk. Any 85 tonner that looks like a 100 tonner, even if resized, and made functionally gimped at its intended role of long range warfare over terrain as a byproduct of that redesign (the arms were made quite a bit lower) needs help. Further, it doesn't even look like a Warhawk - and it was a damned sexy piece of hardware before Alex changed it up.

As much as I want to comment about the Ice ferret here and saying it doesn't need a redesign from the ground up. You actually haven't said anything about it and continued talking about your disappointment with the Warhawk.

The only statement I have to say is as long as the Warhawk is the same height as the Direwolf I do not mind. [as over 50% of the mech is exact same as the Direwolf, similar story with mad dog to timberwolf, kitfox to adder, etc. Volume/ size on the other hand is a different conversation.

My main problem with the Warhawk is the arms and nothing more... could get a waist shrinkage.

#31 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:11 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 27 February 2016 - 06:01 PM, said:

As much as I want to comment about the Ice ferret here and saying it doesn't need a redesign from the ground up. You actually haven't said anything about it and continued talking about your disappointment with the Warhawk.

The only statement I have to say is as long as the Warhawk is the same height as the Direwolf I do not mind. [as over 50% of the mech is exact same as the Direwolf, similar story with mad dog to timberwolf, kitfox to adder, etc. Volume/ size on the other hand is a different conversation.

My main problem with the Warhawk is the arms and nothing more... could get a waist shrinkage.

What are you talking about it? I commented twice in this thread. The first was entirely about the Ice Ferret and why it is perfect as it is currently designed. This is a two page long thread. Surely you didn't try to see my other post?

I'll do you a favor. Page freakin' one. Hitboxes. If you redesign a mech, you redesign the hitboxes. The Ice Ferret has incredible hitboxes. Like hell if it should get redesigned. That would compromise its hitboxes.

Edit: The main problems with the Warhawk are that it is an 85 ton mech with the same displacement as a 100 ton mech, the classic arms at cockpit level design has been turned into arms at crotch level meaning it is far worse at shooting over terrain and functioning like the long range direct fire support platform it is supposed to be, and its VISUAL DESIGN'S profile when seen at distance looks incredibly similar to a Direwolf so is extremely often mistaken as one often and prioritized as a result as if it was a 100 ton gunboat.

AKA: the mech needs a redesign to address the visual similarity to the DWF and to reposition the arms more appropriately for the mech's intended purpose. Rescale might not be necessary if it is simply remodeled.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 27 February 2016 - 06:17 PM.

#32 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:21 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 27 February 2016 - 06:11 PM, said:

What are you talking about it? I commented twice in this thread. The first was entirely about the Ice Ferret and why it is perfect as it is currently designed. This is a two page long thread. Surely you didn't try to see my other post?

I'll do you a favor. Page freakin' one. Hitboxes. If you redesign a mech, you redesign the hitboxes. The Ice Ferret has incredible hitboxes. Like hell if it should get redesigned. That would compromise its hitboxes.

I looked directly at the post that mentioned me as that is what the notification sent me to thus I mostly commented to that instance/ comment. If you wanted me to refer to an earlier post than leaving it's ID would have helped.

ie: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__5042232

#33 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:25 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 27 February 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

I looked directly at the post that mentioned me as that is what the notification sent me to thus I mostly commented to that instance/ comment. If you wanted me to refer to an earlier post than leaving it's ID would have helped.

ie: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__5042232

So... you didn't do your homework, immediately jumped the gun, and accused me of never talking about the Ice Ferret in a two page thread about the Ice Ferret. When I posted on page one. OK. Got it. Carry on!

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 27 February 2016 - 06:25 PM.

#34 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:37 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 27 February 2016 - 06:25 PM, said:

So... you didn't do your homework, immediately jumped the gun, and accused me of never talking about the Ice Ferret in a two page thread about the Ice Ferret. When I posted on page one. OK. Got it. Carry on!

I said you didn't mention it in that comment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users