Gotta Love Your Disconnect Nonsense

43 replies to this topic

#1 Scendore

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:09 PM

Well it's so cool your client takes a dump with some sort of display issue. It takes a solid 90 seconds plus to get back in only to find you have been ***** by the other team. Get your act together already. This unstable POS should be solid in terms of ping and bugs by now (3 years plus). We are well out of beta by now... Stop selling mechs and get this thing stable and reliable. Swinging from 80 ping to 120+ in minutes is not right.

#2 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:27 PM

Potatoes are not computers, say no to potatoes.

#3 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:48 PM

I am currently tracking my disconnects in this month. It is appalling; rarely is there a day without disconnect. And considering I frequently see others disconnecting I don't think the error is entirely on my side.

#4 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:55 PM

My unit has the one guy always complaining, but he has 2 other monitors running with video and has family members watching streaming media.

Get rid of anti-spyware and any other active process in the background and turn graphics way down. If your system is older than 3-4 years all bets are off even though some folks may have an 8 year old system still working. As the game is optimized for newer systems some bugs may develop that make older systems harder to run. Also some manufacturers may have stopped supporting their product or it may have been a first run that was later changed when the real parts came into being.

NO LAPTOPS NO WIFI (yes some exceptions)

#5 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:10 PM

View PostChuck Jager, on 24 February 2016 - 09:55 PM, said:

I play on a business laptop over wifi (and my router has a habit of overheating).

... I don't have connection or even lag ssues with the game at all, and I have all three servers enabled.

So... I really don't understand what people's problems are. It's not PGI's end. It's probably the ISP (looking at you, Time Warner... )

Edited by Tarogato, 24 February 2016 - 11:11 PM.

#6 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:13 PM

View PostScendore, on 24 February 2016 - 09:09 PM, said:

Well it's so cool your client takes a dump with some sort of display issue. It takes a solid 90 seconds plus to get back in only to find you have been ***** by the other team. Get your act together already. This unstable POS should be solid in terms of ping and bugs by now (3 years plus). We are well out of beta by now... Stop selling mechs and get this thing stable and reliable. Swinging from 80 ping to 120+ in minutes is not right.

If you have display related crashes, first culprit: AMD Crimson drivers are incompatible with MWO, and cause substantial instability. Revert to the Nov 2015 Catalyst drivers to fix that.

#7 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:19 PM

View PostScendore, on 24 February 2016 - 09:09 PM, said:

I get disconnected because of Alt Tab between Game and Windows after a couple games. Thats the annoying part. Disconnect in between the game - nearly non.

#8 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:34 PM

1,Have you tried running a trace to PGI?

2, Have you tried shutting down other programs that might be causing a conflict?

3, Have you tried contacting support with your trace, and your DXdiag?

If you have not at least contacted support with your DXdiag, and asked them what you can do, and how to run a trace, then it's kinda on you. Instead of posting on forums, do something to fix it.. Because if i had to guess its on your ISP, computer, or something to do with your trace..

#9 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:01 AM

I never crash, ever. Never have. If a player doesn't reconnect after crashing here should be a sever penalty, like that mech is out for a month. :)

#10 the punk who stole your thunder

• PipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:07 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 25 February 2016 - 12:01 AM, said:

I never crash, ever. Never have. If a player doesn't reconnect after crashing here should be a sever penalty, like that mech is out for a month. Posted Image

Definetly no.

Few month ago an excavator cut the telephone-cable in front of my door ... at another time my PSU blew up ... at both occasions i wasn't able to reconnect.

Having a mech banned (including modules) seems a bit harsh to me.

#11 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:10 AM

View PostLaggy Luke, on 25 February 2016 - 12:07 AM, said:

Definetly no.

Few month ago an excavator cut the telephone-cable in front of my door ... at another time my PSU blew up ... at both occasions i wasn't able to reconnect.

Having a mech banned (including modules) seems a bit harsh to me.

Either way the sooner repair and rearm is in the better. For like 100 reasons. Including curbing disconnects and lame piloting. :)

#12 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:12 AM

I see at least 1 disconnect every match sometimes two... Can't all be potatoes.

#13 Ulris Ventis

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:44 AM

Sometimes it disco when loading the map, sometimes after loading a map, sometimes after starting a match.
It's not that often, maybe 1-2 times a wekk, but it is annoying. There were times when it was impossible to reconnect. During map loading screen three times - nothing happened, the client was dead. I even had it happened twice with different mechs and had to wait 1-2 minutes because I "was leaving an active game".
After picking up a different mech it's usually alright. Mostly happens during those challenge days I recall.

And, no it has nothing at all to do with my hardware or O/S, this is the only game with any issues.

#14 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:52 AM

View PostUlris Ventis, on 25 February 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

And, no it has nothing at all to do with my hardware or O/S, this is the only game with any issues.

Means nothing.. You could have some kinda conflict that only happens with MWO... So back to my previous advice to the OP:

Have you tried contacting support with the problem including your DXDiag and your Trace?

#15 Ulris Ventis

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:07 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 25 February 2016 - 12:52 AM, said:

Means nothing.. You could have some kinda conflict that only happens with MWO...

I have more reasons to believe it's the result of one of the past patches, than my HW/O/S that have no changes for the past few years and were never an issue.

#16 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:14 AM

View PostChuck Jager, on 24 February 2016 - 09:55 PM, said:

View PostTarogato, on 24 February 2016 - 11:10 PM, said:

I play on a business laptop over wifi (and my router has a habit of overheating).

... I don't have connection or even lag ssues with the game at all, and I have all three servers enabled.

So... I really don't understand what people's problems are. It's not PGI's end. It's probably the ISP (looking at you, Time Warner... )

Same, I play on a ThinkPad laptop (a veritable potato as a gaming machine), and I'm on WiFi. I can only recall having to reconnect to game maybe ... once per 500 games or so? So neither of those is the issue.

Edited by jss78, 25 February 2016 - 01:16 AM.

#17 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:21 AM

Wifi is not a problem, if it's configured properly.

Wifi is fine. People just don't know wtf they are doing.

For wifi to actually be the problem, AND be beyond fixing via properly configured non-s$&#ty hardware, you'd have to be in an extraordinarily noisy environment. Not just a busy apartment/mall or what have you.

Hell, I have no trouble getting g wifi working well in a massive production plant with dozens of massive high powered equipment, including huge electric motors, wires and cables everywhere, cement and steel, corona treaters arcing huge electrical discharges...

Just find a cleaner channel, position equipment well, and don't use a $30 router.

Edited by Wintersdark, 25 February 2016 - 01:25 AM.

#18 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:33 AM

I'd say 90% of the disconnects in MWO are the result of issues on the users end, get rid of your toaster and get a PC that's somewhat actually designed for gaming on, your problems will fade away.

#19 Scurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:57 AM

View PostSamial, on 25 February 2016 - 12:12 AM, said:

I see at least 1 disconnect every match sometimes two... Can't all be potatoes.

1 disconnect per match - aka 1/24 players on average have potatoes or are getting screwed over by their ISP. Doesn't sound all that implausible to me.

#20 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:19 AM

View Postjss78, on 25 February 2016 - 01:14 AM, said:

Same, I play on a ThinkPad laptop (a veritable potato as a gaming machine), and I'm on WiFi. I can only recall having to reconnect to game maybe ... once per 500 games or so? So neither of those is the issue.

Sweet! I'm using my T530. I even used to play with the Trackpoint exclusively instead of the mouse. Posted Image

Lenovos are great. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users