What Are Your Surprise Overperformers And Underperformers?

43 replies to this topic

#1 Tristan Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:11 PM

Just some idle chit chat to pass the time.

Check your mech stats. Look through the stats.
  • Do you have any surprise overperformers? Any mechs you didn't think much of, but that have surprisingly good stats?
  • Do you have any surprise underperformers? Any mechs that you feel are amazing, but have surprisingly weak stats?
My surprise overperformers:
Spoiler

My surprise underperformers:
Spoiler

I hope my stats are sufficiently embarassing that this doesn't appear as a humblebrag thread.

#2 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:16 PM

The Rifleman in general. Oddly, three of the four have K/D over 1.2. And all but the 3C have positive W/L; the 3C is around 80%. And then there was the Legend-Killer, which isn't. 0.86 K/D, but it's 10-8 won-loss. Mostly because I was running in group with higher tier players while it was still unbasiced, and running vs. players three tiers higher than you on a mech packing LBX10s and not out of basics means that it was a rough night.

See, Tristan? I'm a much worse pilot than you are Posted Image

Edited by Chados, 24 February 2016 - 08:20 PM.

#3 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:18 PM

My over performer?

WHM-6R, averages 500 DMG/match with 4 KMDD+

My underperformer?

Storm Crow, KDR of less than .2, W/L of less than .5....
I suck with Storm Crows.

#4 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:37 PM

Of the mechs I have at least 50 matches in (less than that I dabbled with it and don't think it's fair to judge it based on limited play time)

XL350 Crab 20 with 2LL and 3ML.

WLR=2.47
KDR= 1.86

Standard engined Wolf hound 2, 5ML... STD250. It's just stupidly durable for a light mech and it will keep fighting even as a stick.

WLR=1.54
KDR=2.4

To be fair most of the kills are from finishing off weakened enemies or just plain out lasting other lights in a 1 on 1 duel.

Yeah those are my big surprises.

Bad mechs for me... litterally any clan laser vomit. I don't like it. I don't do well in it. Give me a couple UAC10 or CERPPC and I'm golden.

#5 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:17 PM

Overperformer:
Ice Ferret:
63 Matches over all chassis with avg W/L by 1.89 and a KDR by 2,36
Shadow Cat (before MASC change):
123 Matches over all chassis with avg W/L by 1.27 and a KDR by 2,26

Underperformer:
Ebon Jaguar
111 Matches over all chassis with avg W/L by 1.17 and a KDR by 0.83

TDR-9S (bought after his crazy PPC Quirks got tuned down)
62 Matches with avg W/L by .074 and a KDR by 0.8

#6 Malachy Karrde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 473 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:20 PM

Timber wolves do not perform nearly as well as they used to in MW4 lol. I used to like that mech, I never use mine anymore.

Dire Wolf is my best mech. According to the forum naysayers, it is a piece of crap... but I rarely end a match without tons of damage, kills an KMDD.

#7 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:38 PM

My overachiever?

CRB-27B. 4.0 KDR, have yet to lose in it. Like my lucky underwear, I think I may never wash it for fear of rubbing off the good luck vibes or something. Sacrifice a chicken to Jobu. Whatever.

RFL-3N and -5D. I didn't expect to like the ROFLman. I was wrong. The -3N with twin UAC/5s, despite the obvious convergence problem and not fully meeting the quirks, is FUN! The -5D with triple PPC is a riot!

My underachiever?

HBK-IIC-B. 1:14 KDR in it. Not one-POINT-fourteen, but one TO fourteen. Clan tech. Four missile hard points, plus two CT energies. 0.07 KDR. Sure, the HBK-IICx is a glass cannon, but I do alright in the IIC/IIC-A. Hell, one of my better recent matches was in a IIC-A. I didn't expect these things to be BEAST MODE, but the IIC-B is just falling flat for me. Neither SRMs nor LRMs can really seem to make an impact for me. Maybe if/when the ATM comes around?

#8 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:49 PM

Best surprise is
CATAPHRACT CTF-4X 138 games, 83 wins, 54 losses, 1.54 ratio, 106 kills, 86 deaths, 1.23 KDR
All of my clan UAC10 dakka owe this mech more than one cigar. I did not start playing this until after the clans dropped and it has a lot higher stats than the other Cataphracts. This was my first mech to start hitting positive numbers in even though I did do research on builds etc.

I started with SHDs and they taught me how to twist damage so transitioning to Ebon jag, Xl MAD and even a gauss Xl Hunchie is not too hard is a mech is not pure armor and std engine. I just love hearing Dakka go off and supporting the mid range push that wins many games. I also do not like pure laser fire support because in pugs you do not always have the ability to clear a channel. Also hard nosed brawlers may not get in range before the game is won or lost. The dakka wolf also makes people more gun shy whenever they feel a group of shells hit them (not everybody knows what sounds each shell makes).

Everything else is pretty meta so no real surprises, other than my really poor light stats.

Edited by Chuck Jager, 24 February 2016 - 10:02 PM.

#9 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:28 PM

Surprise overperformer--Blackjack-3. 2xPPCs. WLR = 1.82, KDR = 2.13.
Surprise underperformer--Blackjack-1DC. 3xLLs. WLR = 0.55, KDR = 0.48.

Posted Image

*Edit* Here is my perfectly middle ground mech. Mauler-X90. WLR 8/8 1.00, KDR 10/10 1.00.

Edited by El Bandito, 25 February 2016 - 12:14 AM.

#10 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:33 PM

View PostKuritaclan, on 24 February 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

Overperformer:
Ice Ferret:
63 Matches over all chassis with avg W/L by 1.89 and a KDR by 2,36
Shadow Cat (before MASC change):
123 Matches over all chassis with avg W/L by 1.27 and a KDR by 2,26

Underperformer:
Ebon Jaguar
111 Matches over all chassis with avg W/L by 1.17 and a KDR by 0.83

TDR-9S (bought after his crazy PPC Quirks got tuned down)
62 Matches with avg W/L by .074 and a KDR by 0.8

I don’t own a shadow cat but after my TW got taken down by one I went and built what the guy that killed me had and it had an alpha of 60

My experience is almost the same as Kuritaclan's
My Ice Ferret is fun and fast and constantly does around 400 damage
Not great but pretty respectable (these days)

I bought thunderbolts when they were hot and when they got nerfed I got so mad I sold all of them but the TDR-9S

EXE are fun but disappointing sure they worked great when I first got them (pretty tanky at first)
But an assault running around with a bunch of small lasers blows me away
I guess it’s a matter of perception of what an assault should be and what it is

#11 SkaerKrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:39 PM

I bought the Rifleman on a lark, and didn't really expect much from it. Turns out, it's far and away one of my best mechs. The only variant that I don't love is the 5D.

My surprise underperformers (surprise to me at least) are my Black Knights. I can't get anything out of them.

#12 YokiLin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 154 posts
  • LocationCa, USA

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:50 PM

KDR is a joke

my Ach after 68 matches, KDR is 7.18
my Oxide after 16,266 match, KDR is 1.42......

Do you think that ACH in this case was a better performer than the Oxide?

The more you play, the more KDR stabilizes towards 1...

Edited by YokiLin, 24 February 2016 - 10:52 PM.

#13 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:06 PM

Vindicator and Shadowcat. Some of my best performing mechs.

I have no idea why. I'm still trying to figure that out.

Oh yeah, and Panthers. Almost forgot. They're one of my better performing heavy mechs.

(yes, ... that's what I actually said)

Edited by Tarogato, 24 February 2016 - 11:32 PM.

#14 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:11 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 February 2016 - 10:28 PM, said:

Surprise overperformer--Blackjack-3. 2xPPCs. WLR = 1.82, KDR = 2.13.
Surprise underperformer--Blackjack-1DC. 3xLLs. WLR = 0.55, KDR = 0.48.

Posted Image

Well, it happen to me too, but different. (Note: 1 leveled them recently after the tune down of the structure quirks)

Surprise overperformer --Blackjack-1DC. 33 Matches WLR = 2.30, KDR = 3.20. (6x Med Pulse Laser)
Surprise underperformer --Blackjack-1X. 42 Matches WLR = 0.71, KDR = 1,55. (8x Med Laser)

View PostYokiLin, on 24 February 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

The more you play, the more KDR stabilizes towards 1...

I won't sign this. Different Mechs perform differently. Some do better some do worse. Show me A Spider 5K with a equal or even better KDR than most other mechs.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 24 February 2016 - 11:15 PM.

#15 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:20 PM

Surprise Overperformers:

MLX-C: 60 matches, 1.61 WLR , 2.64 KDR; uses 3xC-SPL and 2xC-SRM2

LCT-1M: 334 matches, 1.27 WLR, 2.08 KDR; uses 2xML + 2xSRM2

LCT-1V: 145 matches, 1.06 WLR, 2.35 KDR; uses 1xMPL + 4xMG

BJ-A: 630 matches, 1.23 WLR, 2.22 KDR; uses 1xLPL + 2xMPL + 6xMG

I have no right to be as devastating as I am in any of these, because none of them are what would be considered optimized builds. Or are they? Perhaps what everybody thought was optimized was wrong! I think rapid-refire is my schtick, looking at these...

I would say my Shadow Cat is a surprise performer, but it's actually not a surprise to me. It performs exactly as I thought it would when I saw the potential with the P left-torso. I love it.

Surprise Underperformers:

Marauder 3R: 53 matches, 1.41 WLR, 1.90 KDR; uses 2xERPPC + 1xUAC/5

BJ-3: 322 matches, 1.15 WLR, 1.73 KDR; uses 2xPPC + 4xSL

BJ-1DC: 349 matches, 1.08 WLR, 1.80 KDR; uses 1xGauss + 5xML

RFL-5D: 23 matches, 2.29 WLR, 1.50 KDR; uses 4xLL + 2xML

I swear to Oprah I am cranking out large damage values with that MAD-3R, I just can't seem to nail the Killing Blow often enough. Such is the fate of PPCs, which is perhaps why the BJ-3 also scores so low, too. The BJ-1DC is one of my oldest 'Mechs, and for the longest time I stubbornly ran only AC/2 on it. When I load it up with laser vomit it's pretty amazing, it's just boring. Now with Goose, it's both interesting and effective!

The RFL-5D, despite its newness, still surprises me. I would have expected the energy-centric one to be the easiest to figure out and play, and on paper it looks solid, but in practice it feels clumsy. I recently switched it to 4x LL (and 2x ML because I have two slots and two tons and nothing else to do with them, curse you 290 engine!), and it seems to be doing a lot better than the pulse build.

View PostKuritaclan, on 24 February 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

Well, it happen to me too, but different. (Note: 1 leveled them recently after the tune down of the structure quirks)

Surprise overperformer --Blackjack-1DC. 33 Matches WLR = 2.30, KDR = 3.20. (6x Med Pulse Laser)
Surprise underperformer --Blackjack-1X. 42 Matches WLR = 0.71, KDR = 1,55. (8x Med Laser)

Bruh, you were leveling them right before the quirk tune-down, too. I know this, because you kept getting in all of my matches with them and you would be seemingly AFK or at least extremely lethargic for the first 3-5 minutes of every match; sometimes you'd be able to pull yourself out of the hole, sometimes you got trampled.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 24 February 2016 - 11:27 PM.

#16 Soultraxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:21 PM

Last night I decided to run a Summoner because I saw a thread saying it needs more buffs. Ive always found them to be absolutely awful and havent ran one in many months.

I was doing so well during the match I had to switch to external just to check I was actually in a Summoner.

Come the end I had 3 kills, a few assists and 563 damage. It would have been higher but I kept shooting the floor with the low slung arms and ran out of ammo for the uAC - 4mpls and a uAC10.

I think Im going to have another look at them.

Edited by Soultraxx, 24 February 2016 - 11:23 PM.

#17 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:29 PM

I have a Panther 9R in my bay where I seriously think the stats are wrong.

That thing has only 16 matches on the clock. 10 wins, 27 kills and only 9 deaths which gives a clean 3.00 k/d. Damage is 5,683 which is 355,2 per match.

And before you ask, it is mastered with 60,633 XP on it, so an average of 3789,56 XP per match. My guess is Premium time, Double XP weekend and a hell of a first match per day.

I played that mech not even 2 hours... I think I won't touch that one ever again Posted Image

#18 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:31 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 24 February 2016 - 11:20 PM, said:

Bruh, you were leveling them right before the quirk tune-down, too. I know this, because you kept getting in all of my matches with them and you would be seemingly AFK or at least extremely lethargic for the first 3-5 minutes of every match; sometimes you'd be able to pull yourself out of the hole, sometimes you got trampled.

I bought them on sale (don't remeber when it was) but leveled my spider/locust - not so much the BJs only 2x a day. The most matches (90% of the 4 BJs) i did after the patch. Well AFK not so much. More lately had some disconnect issues while alt tabbing and it take some time to restart the game and rejoin. Pretty nasty.

LCTs do well. I'm not so much surprised they have good energy loadouts and the speed to close in. However they are pretty fragile if you drive them straight, but as long as you zick zack they last pretty long.

#19 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:32 PM

View Post627, on 24 February 2016 - 11:29 PM, said:

I have a Panther 9R in my bay where I seriously think the stats are wrong.

That thing has only 16 matches on the clock. 10 wins, 27 kills and only 9 deaths which gives a clean 3.00 k/d. Damage is 5,683 which is 355,2 per match.

And before you ask, it is mastered with 60,633 XP on it, so an average of 3789,56 XP per match. My guess is Premium time, Double XP weekend and a hell of a first match per day.

I played that mech not even 2 hours... I think I won't touch that one ever again Posted Image

I've got a CDA-2A with 7 kills and 1 death across 2 matches. Not touching that one. Those two matches snuck in past the the last Archive date.

View PostKuritaclan, on 24 February 2016 - 11:31 PM, said:

I bought them on sale (don't remeber when it was) but leveled my spider/locust - not so much the BJs only 2x a day. The most matches (90% of the 4 BJs) i did after the patch. Well AFK not so much. More lately had some disconnect issues while alt tabbing and it take some time to restart the game and rejoin. Pretty nasty.

LCTs do well. I'm not so much surprised they have good energy loadouts and the speed to close in. However they are pretty fragile if you drive them straight, but as long as you zick zack they last pretty long.

This was about three weeks ago where we kept bumping into each other. And you should know 'bout my LCTs, you were on the receiving end for half of those Blackjack games you played. :P

That said, LCTs are good, but you won't find me in the 1E that often these days. It's too easy. You'll usually see me in a 3S or a 1M, neither of which is renown for having good energy load-outs or even for being good in general. Actually, I think the 1M is one of the most maligned variants, though I suspect most people haven't figured out how to play it. Personally, it's my favorite one, which is why it gets the special Applejack skin and the rest are Buccaneer.

The recently activated agility quirks are going to help Locusts tremendously.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 24 February 2016 - 11:41 PM.

#20 DrRedCoat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:33 PM

Reading all of these stats made me curious so I looked it up:

Surprise overperformer: Awesome 8Q. Over 200 matches with a KDR of 2.27
Runner-ups include: Vindicator 1AA. Over 150 matches with a KDR of 1.78
Panther 10K. Over 150 matches with a KDR of 1.94

Surprise underperformer: Mad Cat C. KDR..... 0
Similarly.... Atlas S. KDR............0

To be fair, I didn't play either of those a whole heck of a lot but I mean c'mon...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users