Z's WoT Embassy Thread

93 replies to this topic

#1 Zardnaar

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Sup baddies. The purpose of this thread is to find out roughly who is coming over from WoT. Short term the idea is to have access to platoon/lance mates and people to play with. Longer term maybe a MWO based clan(or more than one) made up of ex tankers. I'm thinking of making my own clan eventually or maybe joining an existing one depending on what clans come over. If you have a clan sorted already or if your WoT clan is going to have a MWO division just include your clan tags. Stats don't matter from WoT, nor any left over clan wars drama (I don't care what clan you are in/from or were in)

example.
El_Zardo (PDN)

and if you have a different name from WoT put your WoT name in brackets.

Bob1234 (El_Zardo, PDN)

And finally if you are not from WoT but want some baddies to play with feel free to add your name anyway as the idea is not to be exclusive to WoT players. or anything.

Player
atomahawk (_grenadier_ wot)
aznoodle (noodle WoT)
Banned
Buck Rogers (Buck_Rogers WoT)
Draco Argentum
Foglines (WoTFogline)
GG Chicken Kn (Exroofer WoT)
Hellsvog
Jackquelegs
Johngalt
MeetYourMaker (MeetYourMaker77 WoT)
Misoski
Podcat
Rab357
Ravendreams
Razorkill12
Rela (RelativisticIntroduction WoT)
Rimestorm
Scav
Siriothrax
SmokkinAce (Smokin WoT)
Squirrelly (Squirr3lly WoT)
Starne
Tuco22
Vosgedzam
xNemesisx (Nemesis79 WoT)
Zardnaar
120mm

Player w/clan
xMEPHISTOx
sr360

MWO Player/ Whats WoT?

Edited by Zardnaar, 15 July 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#2 CG Chicken Kn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationSt. Catharines, Ontario

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hey there Zardnaar.

Not exactly coming from WoT , rather more like coming home after a LOOOOOONG absence.

Exroofer. 11,000 ish games in WoT.

Platoon leader/Battle commander/Clan Wars council member for 5CAD for almost a year.

And though not exactly your situation, WoT drove me away by it's increasing money grab/terribad MM/terribad pubbies/add the 50 other things wrong with it here. Also chain nerfing my beloved Panther 2/E-50 in every single patch. (had Panther 2 when it was top of the food chain and used it in CW.)

5 years or so in MW3. Same tag as you see now.

Here's hoping you enjoy MWO and bring some good attitude people with you.

#3 Vosgedzam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

What a perfect place for the baddies@tanks to gather up! :D

#4 xMEPHISTOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

Yo whatup Zardnaar. Can I buy your WoT acct lol...WG mods are so ridiculous, what they did was assenine and the whole community is up in arms w/exception to a few ignorant trolls.

Anyhow good thing for MWO and just in time in your case. I would presume that there will be a whole shytload of tankers coming over being there are so many similarities in the two games.

I know for sure that a great many NUKEs will be coming over. Not sure if the clan itself is migrating over though. Suppose it wouldnt matter much anyhow as im a loyal hk/dcms soldier of 20yrs.

Anyhow would be happy to have you join in our mech companies once August 7th rolls around. Play with a fairly large and more importantly competent group of mech pilots. We already have a TS setup at this point so if you wanna kill mechs w/us hit me up.

#5 Name48928

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCoMo

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

"The functions of a diplomatic mission [embassy] consist, inter alia, in representing the sending State in the receiving State; protecting in the receiving State the interests of the sending State and of its nationals, within the limits permitted by international law; negotiating with the Government of the receiving State; ascertaining by all lawful means conditions and developments in the receiving State, and reporting thereon to the Government of the sending State; promoting friendly relations between the sending State and the receiving State, and developing their economic, cultural and scientific relations".

Emphasis added for encouragement.

#6 Arafinar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • LocationCinci, OH

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostVosgedzam, on 13 July 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

What a perfect place for the baddies@tanks to gather up! :P

The perfect place would be Off Topic forums or Recruitment.......

#7 Der Zivilist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

...and there actually was at least one such a thread in the suggestion forums ages ago :P Let me go and find it.

#8 Fortune

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

For frak's sake. This forum is called MechWarrior Online General Discuession for a reason. Anything non-MWO related should be in Off Topic.

#9 Der Zivilist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

Ah yes, here it is: http://mwomercs.com/...oduce-yourself/

#10 Zardnaar

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

Not exactly recruiting Arafinar, and the WoT baddies would be more familiar with the general section rather than off topic. I don't think the mods here will permaban me if the thread is in the wrong place;) If one of the mods thinks there is a better section move it there. Theres more than a few tankers looking at coming over.

Edited by Zardnaar, 13 July 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#11 Rela

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

A large number of players over at HavoK have been looking forward to MWO for quite a while now. A change of pace is just what the doctor ordered! Some of us have already joined up with established MW clans while we debate the possibility of setting up a division for MWO. Now if only we had a strat that could break that Pending status...

WoT in-game: RelativisticIntroduction

#12 Arafinar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • LocationCinci, OH

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostZardnaar, on 13 July 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

Not exactly recruiting Arafinar, and the WoT baddies would be more familiar with the general section rather than off topic. I don't think the mods here will permaban me if the thread is in the wrong place;) If one of the mods thinks there is a better section move it there.

lol got to love how everybody thinks they are special ,try reading and following some rules
(I take for granted that youve atleast read them) They are there so the forums dont get
mucked up by tripe like this, so people who read wont have to wade through them...

Edited by Arafinar, 13 July 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#13 Zardnaar

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

Yeah I mean how dare I have a thread to bring over alarge amount of customers. I am so bad. As I said a mod can move it if its a problem.

#14 Name48928

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCoMo

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostZardnaar, on 13 July 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

Yeah I mean how dare I have a thread to bring over alarge amount of customers. I am so bad. As I said a mod can move it if its a problem.

Diplomatic mission fail.

That didn't take long.

#15 Arafinar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • LocationCinci, OH

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostZardnaar, on 13 July 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

Think they will do just fine without your advanced marketing techniques:)

#16 Zardnaar

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

Didn't phrase that right lol. Theres a few ppl here already, just wanted a place to stay in touch. The forums here are alot nicer.

Edited by Zardnaar, 13 July 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#17 Arafinar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • LocationCinci, OH

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostZardnaar, on 13 July 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Didn't phrase that right lol. Theres a few ppl here already, just wanted a place to stay in touch. The forums here are alot nicer.

The reason they are alot nicer is more people follow the rules, which you seem to have a problem with,or
just dont think they apply to you.......

#18 Zardnaar

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

Rules are fine, as I said mods can move it. There is a recruitment section and I wasn't sure if off topic was the right place for it.

#19 Name48928

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCoMo

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostZardnaar, on 13 July 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

My opinion as well. Community here seems a bit more accepting and thick-skinned than those over at WoT. :P

And I've no problem with advertising MWO to players of other MMOs and giving them an inviting place to post here.

But I will say that the WoT community was the reason I left that game. I had fun with the game mechanics. I didn't even have much of a problem with the P2W business model. But the majority of other players there made it not worth playing anymore. I quit with gold still on my account.

I would hate to see that sort of playerbase in power here. I mean, I'm expecting it, that sort are always attracted to F2P games

#20 Zardnaar

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

There was alot of incentive in WoT to milk your stats. Basically good stats meant you could get into good clans which meant free gold.

I would rather have a social based clan/playgroup as you can always train up people in a clan and such clans tend to stick around if they get defeated in clan wars. Alot of the "good" clans in WoT self destructed once the chips were down and the good stat players would look for a new home that paid gold. Theres no pay to win gold ammo equivilent here though so any MWO clan based war should at least minimise that tendency since you do not have to pay 10 cents per shot if your clan has no land/resources.

Edited by Zardnaar, 13 July 2012 - 01:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users