5 replies to this topic

#1 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:43 PM

I enjoyed making my Lurmhawk tutorial video so much I went ahead and made another one for the Summoner. I appreciate any feedback and hope new players find it helpful.

#2 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:51 PM

Posted Image This is great! I think the Summoner is a great mech, and yea too many people stray from it because of its limitations. Definitely one of the less flexible Clan mechs, but the one thing I really like about it is that if the Summoner fits your playstyle, there's not really any limit to what types of weapons you equip. You can keep your enemy guessing as to what weapons your loading, and in a 1v1 encounter that can be pretty useful. The dual UAC loadout you have running reminds me of the Thor II update, minus the LRM15. People should check out the Thor II on Sarna.net if they want more inspiration for effective builds. The Thor II - C variant has an interesting loadout: UAC20, 2x LPL, S-SRM4 & Flamer.

Edited by Repasy, 26 February 2016 - 01:55 PM.

#3 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:17 PM

View PostRepasy, on 26 February 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

Posted Image This is great! I think the Summoner is a great mech, and yea too many people stray from it because of its limitations. Definitely one of the less flexible Clan mechs, but the one thing I really like about it is that if the Summoner fits your playstyle, there's not really any limit to what types of weapons you equip. You can keep your enemy guessing as to what weapons your loading, and in a 1v1 encounter that can be pretty useful. The dual UAC loadout you have running reminds me of the Thor II update, minus the LRM15. People should check out the Thor II on Sarna.net if they want more inspiration for effective builds. The Thor II - C variant has an interesting loadout: UAC20, 2x LPL, S-SRM4 & Flamer.

Thanks, glad you liked it! I have some other videos of this build on my channel, check them out too.

#4 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:12 PM

I recommend trying out this build:

SMN-D

THis is the base template (I'm using SPLs in my version), but it is surprisingly good. You should get the Prime Left arm for the Ballistics quirks which will help your UAC's rate of fire. Stay nimble, and stay mobile, while hitting like a howitzer.

#5 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:23 PM

one my fav loadouts for the summoner is
1x UAC 20
3x SRM 4

the UAC20 is in the RT.
Use the C LA and LT to stack up on UAC quirks. The C LA is essentially a dummy/shield arm with minimal armor and nothing in it

You can go in for a massive playboy alpha, or just single tap the UAC and keep the SRMs on chain fire for constant fire.

Edited by Boogie138, 26 February 2016 - 05:24 PM.

#6 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:15 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 26 February 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

I recommend trying out this build:

SMN-D

THis is the base template (I'm using SPLs in my version), but it is surprisingly good. You should get the Prime Left arm for the Ballistics quirks which will help your UAC's rate of fire. Stay nimble, and stay mobile, while hitting like a howitzer.

View PostBoogie138, on 26 February 2016 - 05:23 PM, said:

one my fav loadouts for the summoner is
1x UAC 20
3x SRM 4

the UAC20 is in the RT.
Use the C LA and LT to stack up on UAC quirks. The C LA is essentially a dummy/shield arm with minimal armor and nothing in it

You can go in for a massive playboy alpha, or just single tap the UAC and keep the SRMs on chain fire for constant fire.

I've done the CUAC20 builds like these before too, they can be very effective with the Summoner's mobility. I prefer the dual CUAC5 build personally because it gives you a bit more range with better peeking ability and I find that suits my playstyle in the Summoner better. It can also be pretty good with PPCs with the 30% velocity quirk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users