"dude, Zoom Out"

22 replies to this topic

#21 Tripzter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:11 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 February 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

Saw a guy using 4x zoom when trying to fight off a brawling Light. Guess he was really dead set on hitting its toe or something.

People do that because the devs cant tell their *** from their elbows.. Countless times it's been suggested to change it so the wheel scroll wheel controls the zoom just like in every other game but the devs rather have this clunky system we have now..

#22 Trauglodyte

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:13 PM

So, I'm supposed to watch some ****** dry hump a mech that s/he is literally running into while zoomed in at 2x or, worse, 4x? I'll express my frustration with said player if I so choose just like I'll vent my frustration by watching a full on LRM Shadowhawk or a MG Mauler. This is a game and people should have fun doing so; wasting my time and screwing my fun, in the process, doesn't sit well with me. Anyway, some people don't know any better so by saying something, you help them out in the process.

Edited by Trauglodyte, 27 February 2016 - 04:17 PM.

#23 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:15 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 26 February 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

Not to mention, when spectating, you don't see what they see.

You don't have their FOV settings. You're not running the same resolution, and don't have the same size display. Or maybe you do: if they need to zoom in or out, they'll zoom in or out. Not rocket science.

This.

they might have different FOVs, be using the zoom cvars, multimontior etc,

You can tell whether you they need to l2p by the scoreboard at the end. edit: but yeah the guy using advanced zoom at 300m is annoying to spectate and almost certainly a scrub.

Edited by Ghogiel, 27 February 2016 - 04:16 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users