Walkovers Increased?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Kanin Zeta

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:04 PM

I've seriously been wondering if the last patch added code to weight games in favor of one team over another. There's been a HUGE increase in the amount of walkovers I've been in, on BOTH sides of the equation.

Sometimes it seems like I'm throwing marshmellows instead of dakka-dakka-BOOM and other times it seems like I get two hits with my AC2's and the mech I'm firing at goes up in a mushroom cloud.

I'm used to this happening SOMETIMES, due to many factors, but now it seems like it's happening every other match.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,712 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:07 PM

PSR simply groups players in the same tier, then reaches out if 2 levels from the seeded player. PSR can not change HOW a player behaviors in the match. Group games can actually be worse if a set of players take the lightest mechs and get matched up against those taking the most tonnage.

#3 Kanin Zeta

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:18 PM

I should have specified, I was talking about PUG matches, not CW.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,712 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:27 PM

So was I. CW is first come, first served, no PSR, nada. Regular games, solo queue are pug matches, PSR simply groups players within their tiers/standings, it does not judge HOW they got in those tiers, how they played the game.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 26 February 2016 - 07:43 PM.

#5 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:58 PM

If the games are closer in "ratings" they go faster. Players play the same way and there are fewer mistakes and less random stuff to throw a monkey wrench in the works.

My tinfoil hat theory is that players use alt accounts because at certain times you will be at an advantage or disadvantage with the MM and your true ability. This is kinda like farming votes for the mode selection and using your numbers to sway others. I have T2 and a T3 so they should be close, but if I am getting owned on one the other account is usually easy street.

As mentioned CW is not included and group Q regs MM is also not reliable based on numbers in Q.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users