36 replies to this topic

#1 Madrummer

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:20 PM

There are a couple units out there that when I see them drop in a match, I KNOW they will be purposely attempting to agitate people with racial slurs, violent hate speech, and vile VOIP abuse. I personally have reported them many times for valid reasons, and have heard many people on the teams state that they are reporting them, with a couple recording and sending in recordings to PGI staff.

Of all the things that should be punished, VOIP abuse with racially abusive language should be at the top of the list. I hear in the Townhall right now where they are talking about penalties for TKs and team damage (nice implementation by the sound of it), but the REAL issue is with blatant racism and goading speech. I am disgusted that I have repeatedly run into some of these people for months straight, now, with NO repercussions to them. In fact, they gloat how PGI is [Redacted] direct quote. These are the types of vile things we have to deal with.

Now, when I run into them 4 matches in a row where they have been muted, I still have to hear perfectly decent players on their end of the conversation being harassed, and unmute the offenders only to hear them in full force. I go to report them, of course, only to be told I've hit my report limit for the day.

I just hope that PGI implements more ways to gather evidence on offenders. Perhaps record match VOIP to a specific directory when reports are made on people, and taking severe ban stances on it of 30 day minimum for first offense racial/hate speech.

#2 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:16 PM

Many players have young kids in the house, so for those that curse, yell, and heap abuse remember that. There are even kids that play the game, young kids. Think about that next time you curse like a sailor, or rage.

Edited by Coolant, 26 February 2016 - 08:17 PM.

#3 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:39 PM

View PostCoolant, on 26 February 2016 - 08:16 PM, said:

Many players have young kids in the house, so for those that curse, yell, and heap abuse remember that. There are even kids that play the game, young kids. Think about that next time you curse like a sailor, or rage.

That's why I have VOIP on push to talk. Otherwise some poor kid would learn a heap of new cuss words.

#4 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:55 PM

I came in expecting a whine about people griefing ppl with pvp in a pvp game.

Leaving dissapointed because there already is a waty to stop this. Report them to the devs. You van record voice comms, or use a screenshot.

#5 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:59 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 26 February 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

Leaving dissapointed because there already is a waty to stop this. Report them to the devs. You van record voice comms, or use a screenshot.

Does not work, most of these guys are smart enough to rant at the end where you can not see the name of the person on voip. I recorded one guy who died at the beginning of a match and was rather butt hurt about it and i was in my Riffleman for the first time and got cored, due to my stupidity with someone doing an xl check lol, but was told repeatedly i need to kill myself and other bs things. PGI wrote me back and said he is getting off scott free because they can not record voip, and his name did not appear in the video cap.

#6 Madrummer

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:11 PM

I'm disappointed that you're disappointed, but I'm guessing you didn't read my post. My issue was that the reporting feature has not stopped a large group of repeat offenders (who I would personally name if this forum didn't for some reason have policies in place to protect scum bags from public ridicule), people who I have submitted recorded video and screen caps of, who have been reported by multiple people on multiple occasions. And I have used the mute/block features, but I still have to hear their assaults second-hand through others being subjected to the griefing, and not have to hear these ******** through echoed voice comms, and such and so forth.

Main thing I am upset over is the fact that PGI seems to almost take a "nothin' we can do about it" stance against most of this.

#7 Ex Atlas Overlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:36 PM

1) If you're going to play a game that you know might expose your children to something you don't want them to hear, you should be buying headphones like a responsible parent.

2) If you're not comfortable with your children hearing swearing, you shouldn't be allowing them to play games where they're exposed to it..... or just teach them not to repeat everything they hear.

That's my two cents as a parent of toddler that I currently have to keep away from words I don't want him saying.

Edited by The Atlas Overlord, 26 February 2016 - 09:44 PM.

#8 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:02 PM

View PostMadrummer, on 26 February 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

There are a couple units out there that when I see them drop in a match, I KNOW they will be purposely attempting to agitate people with racial slurs, violent hate speech, and vile VOIP abuse. I personally have reported them many times for valid reasons, and have heard many people on the teams state that they are reporting them, with a couple recording and sending in recordings to PGI staff.

Of all the things that should be punished, VOIP abuse with racially abusive language should be at the top of the list. I hear in the Townhall right now where they are talking about penalties for TKs and team damage (nice implementation by the sound of it), but the REAL issue is with blatant racism and goading speech. I am disgusted that I have repeatedly run into some of these people for months straight, now, with NO repercussions to them. In fact, they gloat how PGI is "full of fuc*ing ni**ers who are too pu**y to do anything," direct quote. These are the types of vile things we have to deal with.

Now, when I run into them 4 matches in a row where they have been muted, I still have to hear perfectly decent players on their end of the conversation being harassed, and unmute the offenders only to hear them in full force. I go to report them, of course, only to be told I've hit my report limit for the day.

I just hope that PGI implements more ways to gather evidence on offenders. Perhaps record match VOIP to a specific directory when reports are made on people, and taking severe ban stances on it of 30 day minimum for first offense racial/hate speech.

This brother approves this message.

#9 Crenue

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:44 PM

Just turn the voip off. Shiit.... Its like that simple.

#10 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:47 PM

Think about that next time you curse like a sailor.

What about those of us who are/were sailors?

#11 Chrome Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:30 PM

View PostAresye, on 26 February 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:

What about those of us who are/were sailors?

Think of how certain commanding officers would have reacted when you cursed at inappropriate times?

#12 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:34 PM

View PostMadrummer, on 26 February 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

I'm disappointed that you're disappointed, but I'm guessing you didn't read my post. My issue was that the reporting feature has not stopped a large group of repeat offenders (who I would personally name if this forum didn't for some reason have policies in place to protect scum bags from public ridicule), people who I have submitted recorded video and screen caps of, who have been reported by multiple people on multiple occasions. And I have used the mute/block features, but I still have to hear their assaults second-hand through others being subjected to the griefing, and not have to hear these ******** through echoed voice comms, and such and so forth.

Main thing I am upset over is the fact that PGI seems to almost take a "nothin' we can do about it" stance against most of this.

Pgi ban whales? U must be joking...

#13 Madrummer

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:20 AM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 27 February 2016 - 12:26 AM, said:

How about a lifetime ban for people demanding others conform to their sensationalist, over-sensitized sense of self importance. Words don't mean much without you choosing to apply said interpretation, the reaction to it and the severity thereof. Hell, that's the only reasons words mean anything at all: You're making the conscious decision to give it to them. Then you turn around and demand people follow your imaginary rule set and want them punished when they don't? Do you actually listen to yourself? People like you are far worse for this planet than any cussing sailor could be.

I couldn't give a single fu*k about swearing. I'm a Yooper, I build railroads for a living, and I was in the military for 6 years -- I know swear words you never even heard of. My issue is with the racially ignorant ******* that spew their filth EVERY goddamn game.

And I'm not gonna just turn off VOIP. It's a good feature of the game, and when it's not abused it helps to pwn noobs in a pretty great way.

The fact that we have people on this thread here that are protecting others' choices to say ni**er, ki*e, sp*ck, and to say fa**ot rapid fire makes me think you either have never met a minority in real life, are still at your point of development where the word "poop" makes you giggle uncontrollably, or you are yourselves racists and of the ilk where you wonder why people take offense to those wearing swastikas because "it's just an image."

Being a thin-skinned pu**y and having your sensibilities hurt by curse words and harsh language is one thing, but expecting that we should all be subject to racist scum suckers and verbally abusive s*it bags is another. Swearing doesn't bother me, blatant hate-speech does.

Edited by Madrummer, 27 February 2016 - 05:21 AM.

#14 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:00 AM

View PostMadrummer, on 27 February 2016 - 05:20 AM, said:

I couldn't give a single fu*k about swearing. I'm a Yooper, I build railroads for a living, and I was in the military for 6 years -- I know swear words you never even heard of. My issue is with the racially ignorant ******* that spew their filth EVERY goddamn game.

And I'm not gonna just turn off VOIP. It's a good feature of the game, and when it's not abused it helps to pwn noobs in a pretty great way.

The fact that we have people on this thread here that are protecting others' choices to say ni**er, ki*e, sp*ck, and to say fa**ot rapid fire makes me think you either have never met a minority in real life, are still at your point of development where the word "poop" makes you giggle uncontrollably, or you are yourselves racists and of the ilk where you wonder why people take offense to those wearing swastikas because "it's just an image."

Being a thin-skinned pu**y and having your sensibilities hurt by curse words and harsh language is one thing, but expecting that we should all be subject to racist scum suckers and verbally abusive s*it bags is another. Swearing doesn't bother me, blatant hate-speech does.

Well, no offense fella, but the swastika really is "just an image." The only power it has is that which people choose to give it. That people react with such ferocity and hatred in response to it plays right into the hands of the people adorning it. Ignoring the simple fact you really are no better than they because you're attempting to suppress and subjugate them to your will with your superior, righteous ideals as you have deemed theirs inappropriate and foul thereby justifying any and all actions against them in order to achieve your 'holier than thou' goal of cleansing the evil doers and showing them the err of their wicked ways.

There's a very big difference between being verbal and being violent - Until someone starts doing the latter, you've no position, authority or right to censor, silence or otherwise punish them for saying something you don't like or agree with. If Al Sharpton showed up outside my house with a group of white-hating people screaming vulgarities, well... Are they on my property? Are they damaging my property? Are they physically assaulting anyone? If the answer is no then i'm just going to check the weather, grab a beer, sit on my porch and wait for it to start raining. I've been called just about every racial slur in the book for white people, sometimes in friendly banter, other times out of hate and unless they're actually trying to hurt me or anyone else it really doesn't matter - If that's how they choose to live their lives so be it.

#15 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:10 AM

It's my experience from other games that the kids often are the ones that do it, so I think that unless the kids in your house are very young, protecting them from hearing cussing is probably a moot point. Look at the garbage in Youtube comments. Yes there's no shortage of adult idiots but every video no matter if it's a racecar, a music video or a kitten it always ends up with people calling each other things in a pissing contest that is often totally unrelated to the content of the video.

I'm willing to bet that the majority are 12 year olds.

Edited by Catra Lanis, 27 February 2016 - 06:14 AM.

#16 Dahkoht

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 126 posts
  • LocationPelham,AL

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:13 AM

Thing is , it's not free speech in a private game.

I'm usually the one to make fun of anyone going down the SJW route , I can't have my feelings hurt by one other than my wife and kids and so on ( not that they have , but they are the only ones that even have that power).

But the OP is talking about units/players who are specifically doing something to disrupt the game for other players and are doing something against the current rules. This isn't Anita Sark SJW route , it's common sense against trying to disrupt a game.

Why should others even have to take the time to ignore the idiots and report them repeatedly ? They are saying things that would get them fired in any job , likely pummeled of screamed in public , and so on ,and again they are breaking they rules already written. The VOIP is there to help you play with others , not be your personal chat tool to show how edgy and cool you are.

Want to scream about Jews , Black people , Asian , yadda yadda all deserving to die and so on ? TS3 is available for you to rant to your fellow wastes of oxygen.

Use the MWO built in chat and break the rules ? You deserve the ban.

Sorry it's already in the rules , so yes , PGI does have the right to say you can't spew trash to try and disrupt their private game , and they should enforce those rules.

Edited by Dahkoht, 27 February 2016 - 06:15 AM.

#17 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:31 AM

Here's the problem with that - the griefers are actually right, PGI won't do anything about it regardless of how many people are reporting it with or without evidence.

#18 Dahkoht

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 126 posts
  • LocationPelham,AL

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:36 AM

Honestly , it's a simple fix , but for some reason, PGI won't do it.

They have a couple folks randomly drop in team queue with no PGI tags , guarantee over the course of a night they will run into a couple of said units/groups who scream racist things into chat and VOIP.

They permanently ban them on the spot.

End of week post the list , continue it randomly every few weeks , soon no one will ever do it other than occasional trial mechs.

#19 Ex Atlas Overlord

• Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:47 AM

View PostDahkoht, on 27 February 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

Honestly , it's a simple fix , but for some reason, PGI won't do it.

They have a couple folks randomly drop in team queue with no PGI tags , guarantee over the course of a night they will run into a couple of said units/groups who scream racist things into chat and VOIP.

They permanently ban them on the spot.

End of week post the list , continue it randomly every few weeks , soon no one will ever do it other than occasional trial mechs.

This would be awesome

#20 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:22 PM

I remember a match I had and two of my team mates just started cussing at each other over voip like no other. They threw everything and the kitchen sink into their venom. What did I do?

Reported them both and then blocked them both. Now when I get into matches if we lose and it is because you are blocked and I can't hear your good advice. You will have no one else to blame but yourself for being a fool.

I have only unblocked one person and that is because they ended up in the unit I am in ... and I think I blocked them by accident anyways when i tried to add them to group :P But I am making a list.

Edited by clownwarlord, 27 February 2016 - 12:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users