Welcome Phoenix Hawk! Buh Bye Madcat Mkii? (For Now. It'll Come Though)

261 replies to this topic

#21 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:28 PM

Not surprised by either mechs, but for the Mk. II, it sort of feels justified, just because of the way it was being pushed by some members of the community was pushing it

#22 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:31 PM

#23 Chimera_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 446 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:31 PM

I prefer the Bushwacker, but the Phoenix Hawk looks to be a fun little addition to the game. I especially like that gold/white feathered hero skin. Looking at the variants on sarna, it seems like it'll probably be an all around decent mech.

As for the Mad Cat MK II, I don't get why anyone would ever want them to not add it just to spite someone else. That just seems childish to me. If you don't like a mech or someone who promotes a certain mech, that doesn't mean other people (especially those of us who like it but not fanatically) should be denied the use of it. People like different things, a lot of the mechs that have been added (and asked for frequently) I don't care at all for, but others do so that's fine to me that they exist.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not saying the Mad Cat MK II should be added right away, especially not in place of older designs that fit more with the current timeline.

Edited by Chimera11, 26 February 2016 - 09:34 PM.

#24 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:41 PM

mikenote: unapproved post content redacted

View PostLozruet Gravemind, on 26 February 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

No. Think Pauls is the semi Camo painted one while the White with Gold etching is Shin Yodama.

Nope. White and gold are the colors of the Knights of the inner sphere. Eagles the symbol of house Marik.

The roiling cloud design is Shin Yodama, as it matches Shin's Yakuza tattoos

Edited by Mike Forst, 27 February 2016 - 10:35 AM.

#25 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:43 PM

Not a huge fan of the Shin Yodama paint but man that other hero and the special camos I really like..

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:49 PM

View PostChimera11, on 26 February 2016 - 09:31 PM, said:

I prefer the Bushwacker, but the Phoenix Hawk looks to be a fun little addition to the game. I especially like that gold/white feathered hero skin. Looking at the variants on sarna, it seems like it'll probably be an all around decent mech.

As for the Mad Cat MK II, I don't get why anyone would ever want them to not add it just to spite someone else. That just seems childish to me. If you don't like a mech or someone who promotes a certain mech, that doesn't mean other people (especially those of us who like it but not fanatically) should be denied the use of it. People like different things, a lot of the mechs that have been added (and asked for frequently) I don't care at all for, but others do so that's fine to me that they exist.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not saying the Mad Cat MK II should be added right away, especially not in place of older designs that fit more with the current timeline.

No one is saying don't add it. From the get go, it's been a matter of "wait it's turn". And for the SAME reasons Russ is saying. There are tons of existing mechs that deserve to see time of day. The mkII absolutely will arrive. Just stop being immature children about trying to get it now.

#27 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:52 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 February 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

No one is saying don't add it. From the get go, it's been a matter of "wait it's turn". And for the SAME reasons Russ is saying. There are tons of existing mechs that deserve to see time of day. The mkII absolutely will arrive. Just stop being immature children about trying to get it now.

ITS MY MECH, AND I NEED IT NOW

in all seriousness, i'm also super excited for kodiak. i'd love the chance to face your phoenix hawk with it if you ever feel like doing a duel.

Edited by Damien Tokala, 26 February 2016 - 09:54 PM.

#28 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:54 PM

And who are you to say its not my turn?

#29 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:55 PM

I agree with this entirely. There are a lot of nice mechs to get released BEFORE we get to the 3060's timeline. I'd much rather have the Linebacker (a mech that fills a niche in the line-up that needs filling) than something like the MC mk2.

#30 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:56 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 26 February 2016 - 09:54 PM, said:

And who are you to say its not my turn?

the official battletech timeline.

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#31 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:57 PM

View PostDamien Tokala, on 26 February 2016 - 09:56 PM, said:

the official battletech timeline.

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You mean the one he's not following to the letter? As he said in the townhall? Russ says the MK II is on the cusp, if you don't like it don't buy it.

Edited by pbiggz, 26 February 2016 - 09:58 PM.

#32 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:59 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 26 February 2016 - 09:57 PM, said:

You mean the one he's not following to the letter? As he said in the townhall?

it seems to be a common thing among the MWO community... not following things as they should be.

to circumvent the rage of the masses, they use shiny new toys.

#33 Chimera_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 446 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:59 PM

I'm sorry, but you generalized me in the same group as Imperius and CK16, and I'm not. I don't have many posts so I get why you might assume I'm also a fanatic for it, but if you had bothered to read my post you would see that I clearly agree with you.

I wasn't referring to you specifically, I was saying in general I have seen a LOT of people say that the Mad Cat MK II, or other mechs, should simply never be added to the game, not even in 10 years from now simply because of a few extremely annoying vocal people promoting that mech. Honestly I wouldn't mind it never being added to the game, I'm saying it's not logical to want to punish many people for a few individuals going over the line.

I get that you probably are pretty pissed about a few people making a huge deal about it, but I don't appreciate being thrown into a pile without someone even bothering to read my individual stance on a matter.

#34 MachoMan Randy Savage YEEAAHH

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationelbow dropping christ preventing rapture

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:08 PM

I take it this is going to be the way of forums every mech released until the MKII comes out
"haha this mech came out and not this one" real mature, borderline toxic off you TC.

also I'm expecting it to be along the lines of the sparky's gold on the 45 tons waste of space.

#35 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:13 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 26 February 2016 - 08:57 PM, said:

No negative comments yet?

Yay! Me first!

Phoenix Hawk is DOA. No reason to take it over the Blackjack, it will probably just be a slightly better Vindicator.

DOA? Could be faster... has ECM... has MASC on others... etc. It completely out classes vindicator. Black jack lacks some of the large advantages of the Phoenix hawk, etc...

I mean sure. I guess the Phoenix Hawk was as DOA as people thought about the Direwolf when it first came out.

#36 SkaerKrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:17 PM

I for one am excited about the Phoenix Hype. The fact that it will bring ECM or MASC on its variants means that it should have a pretty big impact in battle, above and beyond its weapon load. That's exactly what I'd like to see more of.

#37 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:18 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 26 February 2016 - 09:28 PM, said:

Not surprised by either mechs, but for the Mk. II, it sort of feels justified, just because of the way it was being pushed by some members of the community was pushing it

I don't think "justified" has anything to do with it, more a just "thank god this nonsense can end" We have a more concrete what you can expect and what is also reasonable to ask for. As for now the general timeline is 3053 if your favorite mech exists in this general timeframe than its got a shot as long as it has variants using current in game tech even if those variants are from beyond 3053.

But if your mech is from beyond 3053 in all its incarnations your gonna have to wait till the timeframe shifts further down the road. (And its not like this is a 1 for 1 timeline, hell for all we know 3070 could in in a few months)

This goes beyond more than just the MKII

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 26 February 2016 - 10:20 PM.

#38 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:23 PM

Scorpion would've been better.

#39 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:24 PM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 26 February 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

I don't think "justified" has anything to do with it, more a just "thank god this nonsense can end" We have a more concrete what you can expect and what is also reasonable to ask for. As for now the general timeline is 3053 if your favorite mech exists in this general timeframe than its got a shot as long as it has variants using current in game tech even if those variants are from beyond 3053.

But if your mech is from beyond 3053 in all its incarnations your gonna have to wait till the timeframe shifts further down the road. (And its not like this is a 1 for 1 timeline, hell for all we know 3070 could in in a few months)

This goes beyond more than just the MKII

Russ just said the MK II was on the cusp. On. The. Cusp. So put this timeline **** away, its simply untrue now.

#40 Chimera_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 446 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:24 PM

mikenote: redacted unapproved post content

Anyway, the Phoenix Hawk definitely looks to be a mech I'll be getting at some point. I wonder if one of the variants will be the masc one? I'll be interested to see what kind of hardpoint inflation they'll throw on those, since as far as I can tell they all seem to only have 3-5 weapons.

Edited by Mike Forst, 27 February 2016 - 10:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users