1 reply to this topic

#1 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:50 PM

Alpha-Strike means firing all the weapons regardless of type. You do that rarely. It causes massive heat spikes.

Group-Fire means you fire all weapons of one type. This is normal function because mechs carry too many weapons of one type to fire them all before the first 2 or 3 have recycled and are ready to fire again. If those first weapons recycle before you can fire the rest, you have no use for them, in fact you will never use them.

So the replacement for Ghost Heat mentioned in tonight's Town Hall with Russ needs to keep this functionality in mind. I don't want massive group-fires, but group-fire is the default mechanic for mech operation. Again because they carry so many weapons they would never fire half of them if they could not be reasonably grouped.

#2 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:54 PM

I'd like to see more weapon grouping options, where I can add individual weapons to a given group, then within a given group dictate chain and group fire sub-groups. For example, in group 1 have a combination of UAC's that fire as a group while energy weapons in the same group chain fire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users