Town Hall Highlights Please?

23 replies to this topic

#1 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:26 AM

I know Im being a lazy surat, but I had to work today early and didnt had enough energy to keep listening the town hall, I went to bed after the "cheaters" part.

Can a good soul post the highlights in here? :) tx!

#2 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:36 AM

Alot of drinking :D

#3 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:37 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...27#entry5044127

Um, Phoenix Hawk, replacement for Ghost Heat, possible new engine.

That's all I can find so far, but that's just from trawling the forums. Hoping someone gets around to doing the usual summary for people who don't have time to watch a 4 hour stream

View PostMister D, on 27 February 2016 - 04:36 AM, said:

Alot of drinking Posted Image

"Oh Hey, beer"

#4 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:44 AM

Zealots!!! would be a great unit name and personality as a unit for this game :P

#5 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:54 AM

-Phoenix Hawk.
-New map soon maybe a tiny bit bigger than Tourmaline with similar feel to that and HPG.
-New Game mode which sounded like a giant version of Assault, but characterized as King of the hill type of mode.
-Assault will now require a base capture (bases to have new imagery soon), Conquest will require caps. i.e. both conquest and assault will no longer be able to be won by just killing the other team (that was one statement) it will now be much harder to win that way (that was another statement. Unclear where reality intersects).
-Cheating is a tiny, percentage of players and not really something to be concerned about as the game is just as secure as any other game and the engineers do a great job of watching for stuff.
-Tournament stuff.

There was certainly more, but it was pretty much all generalities.

Last note. I am a pretty big white knight for PGI. But that town hall and the conduct displayed during it was pretty lame and came of to me as being condescending to the viewer to the point of patronizing. I have no problem with drinking and having a good time. That was not the issue. The presentation came off as if Russ was only there BECAUSE he was drunk, and the other two were there to make sure he at least was somewhat coherent. Not cool.

Edited by Bud Crue, 27 February 2016 - 05:06 AM.

#6 Speedkermit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 103 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:58 AM

Nothing about CW then?

#7 Aetes Nakatomi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:03 AM

I watched it right up to the Phoenix Hawk reveal. These the things I took from it that have not already been mentioned.

- Next ban wave might come in smaller waves and names might not be broadcast.
- Rescale is coming along nicely and the majority of Mechs are being at least tweaked.
- No Unit Dropships for phase 3.
- Tweaks to LBX and PPC incoming.
- Tounament is going to have its own dedicated server.
- Timeline is an issue but only for Mechs without at least one variant pre 3053.

Edited by Aetes Nakatomi, 27 February 2016 - 05:04 AM.

#8 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:05 AM

View PostSpeedkermit, on 27 February 2016 - 04:58 AM, said:

Nothing about CW then?

CW Phase 3: "things are good" "getting pumped"

#9 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:14 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 27 February 2016 - 04:54 AM, said:

-Phoenix Hawk.
-New map soon maybe a tiny bit bigger than Tourmaline with similar feel to that and HPG.
-New Game mode which sounded like a giant version of Assault, but characterized as King of the hill type of mode.
-Assault will now require a base capture (bases to have new imagery soon), Conquest will require caps. i.e. both conquest and assault will no longer be able to be won by just killing the other team (that was one statement) it will now be much harder to win that way (that was another statement. Unclear where reality intersects).
-Cheating is a tiny, percentage of players and not really something to be concerned about as the game is just as secure as any other game and the engineers do a great job of watching for stuff.
-Tournament stuff.

Last note. I am a pretty big white knight for PGI. But that town hall and the conduct displayed during it was pretty lame and came of to me as being condescending to the viewer to the point of patronizing. I have no problem with drinking and having a good time. That was not the issue. The presentation came off as if Russ was only there BECAUSE he was drunk, and the other two were there to make sure he at least was somewhat coherent. Not cool.

I fail to see how having to cap the base after killing the enemy team adds anything to Assault. It's the equivalent of having to pick up your toys when you are done playing with them on the Fun-O-Meter.

The changes to Conquest doesn't change the core problem- it is still much better to murderball than to spread out and cap. Then the victors can cap at their leisure, while the losers won't be able to escape and break off to do any capping. End result? 4-6 minutes of fighting and the rest playing Catch the Light Mech while twiddling your fingers waiting for the countdown. The simple fact is the changes being made will not actually change how the game is currently played, and so we will have the same kind of matches we currently have, only with a potentially longer wait to finish the game.

I think PGI is missing a massive revenue stream, as their Town Hall videos can easily be sold as the cure for insomnia.

#10 Aetes Nakatomi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:19 AM

View PostDavers, on 27 February 2016 - 05:14 AM, said:

I fail to see how having to cap the base after killing the enemy team adds anything to Assault. It's the equivalent of having to pick up your toys when you are done playing with them on the Fun-O-Meter.

The changes to Conquest doesn't change the core problem- it is still much better to murderball than to spread out and cap. Then the victors can cap at their leisure, while the losers won't be able to escape and break off to do any capping. End result? 4-6 minutes of fighting and the rest playing Catch the Light Mech while twiddling your fingers waiting for the countdown. The simple fact is the changes being made will not actually change how the game is currently played, and so we will have the same kind of matches we currently have, only with a potentially longer wait to finish the game.

I think PGI is missing a massive revenue stream, as their Town Hall videos can easily be sold as the cure for insomnia.

Assault is not changing yet. They want new assets before they change (ECM, Radar and LRM towers were mentioned) the only mode that will change next patch will be conquest. Assault for the time being can be skirmished out.

#11 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:22 AM

Shrinkage of the nova jumping in the pool.

#12 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:26 AM

https://www.reddit.c...ation_infodump/

Lucky you did. With all the drinking the 4+ hours could have been cut down to 1.

#13 Madrummer

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:29 AM

Anorexic pilot models for one: https://www.instagra...hwarrioronline/

Haha but no, basically it's a new non-CW map, new game mode (domination), new sweet *** Mech, better movement over rough terrain (no more 25+ ton death machines being caught up on pebbles), Conquest reworking to where you have to win by points and have to continue to cap them even if you eliminate the entire team ("win the battle, lose the war" was the analogy), and base caps can be interrupted for 3 second intervals by damaging players capping the base.

That's basically it.

#14 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:31 AM

View PostAetes Nakatomi, on 27 February 2016 - 05:19 AM, said:

Assault is not changing yet. They want new assets before they change (ECM, Radar and LRM towers were mentioned) the only mode that will change next patch will be conquest. Assault for the time being can be skirmished out.

1. This
2. Part of the reason for the change is probably also to drive the point home that Killing mechs was never really a win condition in those 2 modes, but it was merely assumed that after the opfor is dead the actual tactical part of the mission would then be done /which we simply awsumed while in our mechlab loading screens)

SO, by making this change to conquest (and later possibly assault), it drives this point home. Yes, there will be tons of mindless deathmatchers whining about how they can still lose if all the enemy mechs are dead.

GOOD.

Not because I don´t like them as people (though I do abhor their mind-numbingly boring preferred game mode and still wish it had never been implemented), but because they too need to learn how to read and how to play as a team to accomplish objectives.

It´s just like when in CS the CTS whine about losing because they killed the terrorists but the objective was still bombed. Yeah, you killed everyone, gj there..... but you still FAILED YOUR MISSION. And that should be punished.

Sure, the first months will be endless QQ from people that cannot grasp this most basic of concepts... but eventually they will either leave or we will get mode selection back and these people will once again be able to play Quakewarrior amongst themselves without dumbing down the game for the rest of us. ;)

#15 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:47 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 27 February 2016 - 05:26 AM, said:

https://www.reddit.c...ation_infodump/

Lucky you did. With all the drinking the 4+ hours could have been cut down to 1.

Cheers for the link.

View PostBud Crue, on 27 February 2016 - 04:54 AM, said:

Closing words
Russ: I apologise for my behaviour.

#16 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:49 AM

Ghost Heat 2.0

#17 Robot Kenshiro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 315 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:07 AM

Finally. Conquest will be implemented correctly. All they need to do now is increase that cbill reward. Afterall....we are capturing "resources" yea? An additional i dunno 50k-75k? Or a cool 150k as a big phat pacifier for all the babies that are gonna cry?

#18 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:55 AM

View PostZerberus, on 27 February 2016 - 05:31 AM, said:

1. This
2. Part of the reason for the change is probably also to drive the point home that Killing mechs was never really a win condition in those 2 modes, but it was merely assumed that after the opfor is dead the actual tactical part of the mission would then be done /which we simply awsumed while in our mechlab loading screens)

SO, by making this change to conquest (and later possibly assault), it drives this point home. Yes, there will be tons of mindless deathmatchers whining about how they can still lose if all the enemy mechs are dead.

GOOD.

Not because I don´t like them as people (though I do abhor their mind-numbingly boring preferred game mode and still wish it had never been implemented), but because they too need to learn how to read and how to play as a team to accomplish objectives.

It´s just like when in CS the CTS whine about losing because they killed the terrorists but the objective was still bombed. Yeah, you killed everyone, gj there..... but you still FAILED YOUR MISSION. And that should be punished.

Sure, the first months will be endless QQ from people that cannot grasp this most basic of concepts... but eventually they will either leave or we will get mode selection back and these people will once again be able to play Quakewarrior amongst themselves without dumbing down the game for the rest of us. Posted Image

I don't have a problem with losing to caps, but if the match always drags on to 750 cap points then that's annoying because I don't want my mech to be locked in a match that's impossible to lose.

I hope PGI lets the match end earlier (or simply increase capture rate by 100x, or whatever) if the entire enemy team is dead and it's no longer possible for them to win.

#19 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:32 AM

Closing words
Russ: I apologise for my behaviour.

Troutmonkey,

Like I said it wasn't the drinking and the goofing around that necessarily struck me negatively. Rather, there was an air of "I'd rather be doing anything other than this, so at least I will get drunk to make talking about this stuff bearable." That frankly hit me in the face like never before.

#20 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:42 AM

View PostPjwned, on 27 February 2016 - 06:55 AM, said:

I don't have a problem with losing to caps, but if the match always drags on to 750 cap points then that's annoying because I don't want my mech to be locked in a match that's impossible to lose.

I hope PGI lets the match end earlier (or simply increase capture rate by 100x, or whatever) if the entire enemy team is dead and it's no longer possible for them to win.

Conquest C-Bill rewards increase with cap points, so 750 points should be worth the wait, providing your side has at least 3 points captured.

View PostBud Crue, on 27 February 2016 - 07:32 AM, said:

Like I said it wasn't the drinking and the goofing around that necessarily struck me negatively. Rather, there was an air of "I'd rather be doing anything other than this, so at least I will get drunk to make talking about this stuff bearable." That frankly hit me in the face like never before.

It was unprofessional, to say the least.

Edited by El Bandito, 27 February 2016 - 07:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users