Loadout

92 replies to this topic

#61 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:36 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 February 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

That sounds actually be self explanatory, and I can only assume with the experience, you are asking to be obtuse, or because you are starting to act like Impy, and petulantly flailing against any counter argument (which again, is not me stating "don't add it ", but being objective about what it is our isn't).

Because like a well run Ebon Jag, you will very rarely be existing those hitboxes. What you all keep promoting the mkII as is the apogee of CW Assault Snipers. In that role, as a hillhumper, the point is to keep exposure to a minimum.

Something those stratospherically high torso mounts allow, in spades.

I don't get what you are trying to say.

I replied that way because you always like to analyze hitboxes yet you didn't mention about the possible bad hitboxes on the Blood Asp. Perhaps understandable as you just want to provide a counter argument for the Mad Cat Mk. II.

As for the guns above cockpit, I'll say it more clearly this time: a gun is only useful when you can see your target, which means that above cockpit/camera guns are a lot of time useless. Rare exceptions exist when you can see through objects and your gun are taller than said object, like behind the boxes near the entrance on Terra Therma. High mounted gunpods also let you shoot your target when short friendly light Mechs are in front of you.

#62 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:38 PM

Here is what I felt Cusp meant...Its the mech that will be dropped and is on the general "road map" Hell they might even in free time might have it done up long before hand....They will push it in once they have all the mechs from this time they feel need to be in first. THEN they will inject it into the game as the first mech with a Chassis outside of the timeline.

We will have to wait. It will be worth it. It will be here soon I feel..if they go to 1 mech a month I feel we have about 8 left at least. Possibly 12. So I got a good gut feeling we will have it announced with in 8 to 12 months. Seems like awhile but not to much longer :)

#63 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:40 PM

/drinks.

#64 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:41 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 27 February 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

He said its on the cusp, so it seems to me that the time is now.

that's some good mental gymnastics you guys play, keep the hope alive brother! (actually no, stop)

when someone takes the time in a townhall to explain to you (as in the MadCat mk2 group) as to WHY you wont be seeing the mech for a while, than to actually think that he ment that the time is neigh..

SMH

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 27 February 2016 - 03:43 PM.

#65 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:44 PM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 27 February 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

that's some good mental gymnastics you guys play, keep the hope alive brother! (actually no, stop)

when someone takes the time in a townhall to explain to you (as in the MadCat mk2 group) as to WHY you wont be seeing the mech for a while, than to actually think that he ment that the time is neigh..

SMH

He flipflopped. You payed attention to his flip but you're ignoring his flop. Thats not my problem.

#66 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

You guys should start placing wagers on this.

#67 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:50 PM

ITT: People super butt hurt by Imperius and are now actively going out of their way to disagree with him.

#68 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:52 PM

Silly thread.

#69 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:01 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 27 February 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

He flipflopped. You payed attention to his flip but you're ignoring his flop. Thats not my problem.

"we will always have a preference of getting through the existing mechs that are available out there for us to release" (the ngng guys laughing than Russ and explaining about why this is important)

"when it comes to you guys that want the Mad Cat Mk II, and various things, I cant commit here today like "don't you worry dudes like in the next couple months we're gonna release/announce those mechs". We're gonna get there, but we're gonna wanna get through these mechs that have a base variant in our main 3053 timeline first"

Than he announces the Phoenix Hawk

SO no.. he didn't and he told you guys flat out hes not even going to COMMIT to saying don't worry it'll come out in a few months as even an announcement. He has other mechs he wants to see come out beforehand and this topic needs to go away.

https://youtu.be/WgckpASXBIQ?t=2023

Edit: edited for youtube link

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 27 February 2016 - 04:03 PM.

#70 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:23 PM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 27 February 2016 - 04:01 PM, said:

"we will always have a preference of getting through the existing mechs that are available out there for us to release" (the ngng guys laughing than Russ and explaining about why this is important)

"when it comes to you guys that want the Mad Cat Mk II, and various things, I cant commit here today like "don't you worry dudes like in the next couple months we're gonna release/announce those mechs". We're gonna get there, but we're gonna wanna get through these mechs that have a base variant in our main 3053 timeline first"

Than he announces the Phoenix Hawk

SO no.. he didn't and he told you guys flat out hes not even going to COMMIT to saying don't worry it'll come out in a few months as even an announcement. He has other mechs he wants to see come out beforehand and this topic needs to go away.

https://youtu.be/WgckpASXBIQ?t=2023

Edit: edited for youtube link

https://youtu.be/Wgc...XBIQ?t=1h35m20s

1 hour 35 minutes.

You are wrong.

We are not going away.

Edited by pbiggz, 27 February 2016 - 04:23 PM.

#71 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:58 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 27 February 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

1 hour 35 minutes.

You are wrong.

We are not going away.

I just listened to that, and he said that, yes, it probably going to happen but he does not know. I'm linking the definition below of the word cusp btw, as it does not mean "happening immediately." It literally means, in the context used, that it's in a grey area right now. As in, the mech isn't 100% in, but it's not 100% out either. It's in a grey zone, and in Russ's own words in the youtube you linked he doesn't know when it will come.

I mean, I could care less about the mech. I don't really follow Imperius or have anything bad to say about this whole movement, but as a neutral, swing-voter here, it seems you guys are grasping at straws right now.

Chill out, relax, and wait. It'll come eventually. 2 or 3 people making a whole lot of noise probably isn't going to make PGI hurry up any. Just my opinion.

cusp

noun
cusp; plural noun: cusps
  • 1. a pointed end where two curves meet, in particular.

• 2. the initial point of an astrological sign or house.
    "he was Aries on the cusp with Taurus"

• 3. a point of transition between two different states.
    "those on the cusp of adulthood"

Edited by Weaselball, 27 February 2016 - 06:00 PM.

#72 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:13 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 27 February 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

1 hour 35 minutes.

You are wrong.

We are not going away.

Again, for the three million and seventh time...the more you guys beat people over the head, call folks names, and just make yourselves total bassholes over the Mk. II, the more viciously polarized the forums get over the damned thing, and the better the chance that Piranha decides "This isn't worth the headache."

Look, I get it - I played MW4, too. I really liked MW4, and I liked a lot of the updates in it. I understand that MW4 was a lot of folks' entry into the MechWarrior series, and BattleTech in general, and to them this game (MWO) feels weird and incomplete without those chassis.

I. Get. That.

But it's too soon. There are several designs currently in the greater BattleTech canon that have never seen the inside of a MechWarrior game that deserve representation. Not every pre-3060 'Mech needs to make it in - if there are three people on this forum who give the remotest flap about the Whitworth, for example, that is two more people than I'd expect - but 'Mechs like the Vulcan, the Hussar, the Sentinel, the Guillotine - those would be cool (yes, I know the Sentinel was in MW2: Mercs. Would still be cool). 'Mechs like the Thug, or other old BattleTech standbys we haven't gotten yet.

Those 'Mechs, and the people who love them, deserve their turn. Once we start introducing TRO 3055 stuff, or shoot all the way to the Mk. II and Civil War-era crap, the window of opportunity for those old clunkers is pretty much closed, especially if we can convince Piranha to not be stupid and do things like substituting existing guns for updated tech the game bloody well needs for proper balancing (no, do NOT substitute ER guns on the Blood Asp for its heavy lasers, Russ! Wait on the Blood Asp until you can introduce heavy lasers!).

Nevertheless. That's what Russ wants to do - get to at least a chunk more of those old, interesting chassis nobody's ever seen yet first. That's what Piranha wants to do. That's what a significant chunk of the playerbase wants to do.

Nobody wants to spite MW4 players forever and lodge this game in 3053 for the rest of its days. Hell, I prefer the FedComm Civil War era. But I'm also willing to wait my turn, let the Olde Thyme folks have theirs first, and get mine when Piranha is ready to devote the time and attention these newer designs with newer toys need to really shine.

That's all people are saying, Pbiggz. Not "f*** you forever, no Mk. II for jOO", no "Imperius has ruined this forever now we'll never get the Mk. II". What we're saying is really quite simple, even if Imperius is too blinded by his own Imperius-ness to listen.

Wait.

Your.

TURN.

If Clan players could do it for a couple of years before they got their stuff, you can do it too.

#73 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:19 PM

View Post1453 R, on 27 February 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

Again, for the three million and seventh time...the more you guys beat people over the head, call folks names, and just make yourselves total bassholes over the Mk. II, the more viciously polarized the forums get over the damned thing, and the better the chance that Piranha decides "This isn't worth the headache."

Look, I get it - I played MW4, too. I really liked MW4, and I liked a lot of the updates in it. I understand that MW4 was a lot of folks' entry into the MechWarrior series, and BattleTech in general, and to them this game (MWO) feels weird and incomplete without those chassis.

I. Get. That.

But it's too soon. There are several designs currently in the greater BattleTech canon that have never seen the inside of a MechWarrior game that deserve representation. Not every pre-3060 'Mech needs to make it in - if there are three people on this forum who give the remotest flap about the Whitworth, for example, that is two more people than I'd expect - but 'Mechs like the Vulcan, the Hussar, the Sentinel, the Guillotine - those would be cool (yes, I know the Sentinel was in MW2: Mercs. Would still be cool). 'Mechs like the Thug, or other old BattleTech standbys we haven't gotten yet.

Those 'Mechs, and the people who love them, deserve their turn. Once we start introducing TRO 3055 stuff, or shoot all the way to the Mk. II and Civil War-era crap, the window of opportunity for those old clunkers is pretty much closed, especially if we can convince Piranha to not be stupid and do things like substituting existing guns for updated tech the game bloody well needs for proper balancing (no, do NOT substitute ER guns on the Blood Asp for its heavy lasers, Russ! Wait on the Blood Asp until you can introduce heavy lasers!).

Nevertheless. That's what Russ wants to do - get to at least a chunk more of those old, interesting chassis nobody's ever seen yet first. That's what Piranha wants to do. That's what a significant chunk of the playerbase wants to do.

Nobody wants to spite MW4 players forever and lodge this game in 3053 for the rest of its days. Hell, I prefer the FedComm Civil War era. But I'm also willing to wait my turn, let the Olde Thyme folks have theirs first, and get mine when Piranha is ready to devote the time and attention these newer designs with newer toys need to really shine.

That's all people are saying, Pbiggz. Not "f*** you forever, no Mk. II for jOO", no "Imperius has ruined this forever now we'll never get the Mk. II". What we're saying is really quite simple, even if Imperius is too blinded by his own Imperius-ness to listen.

Wait.

Your.

TURN.

If Clan players could do it for a couple of years before they got their stuff, you can do it too.

Please show me where I called anyone names? I'll wait...

#74 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:21 PM

After listening to that bit on the Heavy Lasers replaced by ER Larges? He said variants not chassis. Meaning some varriants of a mech could be introduced with regular lasers and not HT's NOT mech chassis.

#75 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:26 PM

View PostCK16, on 27 February 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

After listening to that bit on the Heavy Lasers replaced by ER Larges? He said variants not chassis. Meaning some varriants of a mech could be introduced with regular lasers and not HT's NOT mech chassis.

Oh dear. You just disagreed with them. Welcome to the dark side. You must hate them and be part of the anti mkII Illuminati. Tsk tsk tsk

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 27 February 2016 - 06:28 PM.

#76 Kumakichi

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,337 posts
  • LocationYoyodyne Propulsion Factory

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:35 PM

Posted Image

#77 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:11 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 February 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

Oh dear. You just disagreed with them. Welcome to the dark side. You must hate them and be part of the anti mkII Illuminati. Tsk tsk tsk

Wait what did I say O.o OH GAWD!

On a side note I did find a copy of MW4 mercs with all Mektek goodies to play....SOOO at least can get my Mk.II itch out of the way till they bring it to MWO and help me get concept time on it. (I want to help influence Alex while getting feedback from the community on its look you know? Already got him possibly sold on the arms :D)

I was more talking about the Blood Asp, everyone just OH just throw in lasers on it...they should wait for it till they know for sure if they will add the HL's or not before replacing HT's with ERL's.

#78 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:24 PM

All those MW4 mechs were made up by Microsoft anyway. It was only later they were canonized.

Mechwarrior (SNES):
Nexus
Raijin

Mechcommander:
Hollander II
Centurion (55tons)
Jagermech (70 tons)
Stiletto

Mechwarrior 4:
Osiris
Hellspawn
Chimera
Uziel
Argus
Thanatos
Mad Cat Mk II

Mechcommander 2:
Razorback
Anubis
Sha Yu
Lao Hu
Fire Ant (Flea Variant)

Mechassault 2:
Raptor II

MW4 Mercs:
Deimos (Mektek)

All those guys above need to wait their turn.

#79 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:41 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 27 February 2016 - 07:24 PM, said:

All those MW4 mechs were made up by Microsoft anyway. It was only later they were canonized.

Mechwarrior (SNES):
Nexus
Raijin

Mechcommander:
Hollander II
Centurion (55tons)
Jagermech (70 tons)
Stiletto

Mechwarrior 4:
Osiris
Hellspawn
Chimera
Uziel
Argus
Thanatos
Mad Cat Mk II

Mechcommander 2:
Razorback
Anubis
Sha Yu
Lao Hu
Fire Ant (Flea Variant)

Mechassault 2:
Raptor II

MW4 Mercs:
Deimos (Mektek)

All those guys above need to wait their turn.

Microsoft didn't make up any mech, they just used different art to represent existing mechs, as well as add in mechs new to battletech at the time. Some of that new art was later used on newer mechs (madcat MK 3, grand summoner, templar 3, etc). Check your facts, and enough with this "wait your turn" business, talking like you have some kind of authority to tell me or anyone else A: what we know PGI is going to do (they've very clearly at this point stated the MK II is coming, despite what those who seem to question the definition of cusp think), and B: what mechs I am allowed to like or ask for.

The MK II is coming, its coming sooner than you think/want it to, and if you're salty when it does come, I hope that salt never goes away, because you've all spent the better part of 3 months now trying to make sure Imperius doesn't get what he wants, and again, thats what this is about; denying imperius.

#80 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:52 PM

Eh...The Madcat Mk.II was created by Microsoft....though I bet they had a consultant on Battle tech there and it was good enough to pass in to be in cannon (though I still cant find any note-able pilots yet)....Are you sure Microsoft mad ALL those mechs?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users