Loadout

92 replies to this topic

#1 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:24 AM

Yay, another Mad Cat Mk. II thread!

There are a couple of reasons for a Mad Cat Mk. II that I will mention later but the main one is to take advantage of the new buffed Clan Targeting Computer, particularly the higher level ones. On to the build itself:

Mad Cat Mk. II:
  • 2x cGauss (5t ammo)
  • 4x cERML
  • TC Mk. V (+30% projectile speed bonus)
  • Endo, Ferro, XL375 (70.8 kph), 14 DHS, 1x JJ
  • Firepower equivalent to the 100t 2Gauss+3LL KGC
The philosophy of this build is not to cram as much Gauss Vomit firepower as possible (that would be something like 2Gauss+2LPL+2ERML with no JJ and a downgraded engine to mount more DHS) but to create a mobile dual Gauss platform which hopefully will set the bar of "dual Gauss-ing performance" (not sure WTH that means). With +30% speed bonus from the Mk. V Targeting Computer, a Gauss projectile flies at 2600 m/s which is very fast - almost instantaneous at short distances.

Currently there's no suitable dual Gauss platform which has this unique combination: mobile and can take advantage of the new TCs. The Warhawk cannot mount the bigger TCs because of its locked DHS and the Whale is slow. The other Clan Mechs are also limited. Even if you don't like Gauss, consider that neither Clan nor IS has a quick 90 tonner so it will add something new.

It would be awesome if the 'Mech can do all of that but carries dual Clan LPLs instead of a quartet of ERMLs. Unfortunately that's not possible and perhaps asking a bit too much - I'd be pretty satisfied with this configuration!

#2 NephyrisX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:44 AM

Well, as said in the Town Hall, it's gonna be some time before the MKII gets here.

#3 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:45 AM

Oh my F***ING GAWD ENOUGH

I swear I'm going to start reporting new Mk. II threads. Imperius starting seventeen of them a day wasn't bad enough? Just...stop.

Stop.

STOP.

]Posted Image

Edited by 1453 R, 27 February 2016 - 11:46 AM.

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:50 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 27 February 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

There are a couple of reasons for a Mad Cat Mk. II that I will mention later but the main one is to take advantage of the new buffed Clan Targeting Computer, particularly the higher level ones. On to the build itself:

Mad Cat Mk. II:
  • 2x cGauss (5t ammo)
  • 4x cERML
  • TC Mk. V (+30% projectile speed bonus)
  • Endo, Ferro, XL375 (70.8 kph), 14 DHS, 1x JJ
  • Firepower equivalent to the 100t 2Gauss+3LL KGC
The philosophy of this build is not to cram as much Gauss Vomit firepower as possible (that would be something like 2Gauss+2LPL+2ERML with no JJ and a downgraded engine to mount more DHS) but to create a mobile dual Gauss platform which hopefully will set the bar of "dual Gauss-ing performance" (not sure WTH that means). With +30% speed bonus from the Mk. V Targeting Computer, a Gauss projectile flies at 2600 m/s which is very fast - almost instantaneous at short distances.

Currently there's no suitable dual Gauss platform which has this unique combination: mobile and can take advantage of the new TCs. The Warhawk cannot mount the bigger TCs because of its locked DHS and the Whale is slow. The other Clan Mechs are also limited. Even if you don't like Gauss, consider that neither Clan nor IS has a quick 90 tonner so it will add something new.

It would be awesome if the 'Mech can do all of that but carries dual Clan LPLs instead of a quartet of ERMLs. Unfortunately that's not possible and perhaps asking a bit too much - I'd be pretty satisfied with this configuration!

Still looking for any information on why we NEED the mkII. I see why you may want it, but remain unconvinvlced as to needing it.

#5 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:51 PM

The more threads that get made about it, the longer it will take to get added to the game.

The crusade hurts your cause instead of helping it.

#6 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:52 PM

View Post1453 R, on 27 February 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

I swear I'm going to start reporting new Mk. II threads. Imperius starting seventeen of them a day wasn't bad enough? Just...stop.

Stop.

STOP.

]Posted Image

I never started 17 a day, just because you choose to lurk a thread that stays a hot topic is your issue. Please refrain from attempting to spread lies.

That said it goes without a doubt I approve this thread!

#7 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:55 PM

View PostFupDup, on 27 February 2016 - 12:51 PM, said:

The more threads that get made about it, the longer it will take to get added to the game.

Actually not true, but thanks for the constant free bumps.

Back to being on topic, I too love the Targeting Computers, and want a faster assault for my CW drop deck.

#8 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:58 PM

View Post1453 R, on 27 February 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

Stop.

STOP.

]Posted Image

Threatening to weaponize the report system huh?

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 February 2016 - 12:50 PM, said:

Still looking for any information on why we NEED the mkII. I see why you may want it, but remain unconvinvlced as to needing it.

Nobody is trying to convince you. Enjoy your phoenix hawk.

View PostFupDup, on 27 February 2016 - 12:51 PM, said:

I disagree, because for every accusation of "crusading" there are multiple instances of anti MK II circle jerking by the people who really despise imperius.

That is what this has been about for a long time now. The mech doesn't matter to bishop or lastkhan or khobai. Imperius's name matters now.

Edited by pbiggz, 27 February 2016 - 12:58 PM.

#9 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:58 PM

View PostImperius, on 27 February 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

Actually not true, but thanks for the constant free bumps.

No, it is actually true. The sheer frequency and zealotry of the threads is making the general population of the forum start to hate you, your "party," and the mech itself. It's gotten to the point that a lot of people would want to keep the mech out of the game forever just to troll the people who crusade for it so hard.

I know that you "think" you're helping your "little baby" mech, but in reality you're just turning people against you and your cause.

#10 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:01 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 27 February 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

I disagree, because for every accusation of "crusading" there are multiple instances of anti MK II circle jerking by the people who really despise imperius.

Those circlejerks are a direct response to the "crusades."

Look, it's okay to like a mech. I like mechs too. Most of the mechs I like aren't eligible to be added to the game because of timeline and tech. But you don't see me creating weekly or almost daily threads about it. It's okay to have an opinion, as long as that opinion doesn't get shoved in everybody else's face continuously...that's the reaction that people have to the Mad Kitty Mk. II crusades.

I don't have any personal qualms against the mech, and I wouldn't really mind if it were added, but I do certainly get annoyed by these threads almost as much as the rest of the forum populace does.

Most of us aren't complaining about the "end," we're complaining about the "means" being used to that end.

#11 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:07 PM

It is nice to know many want it and see such enthusiasm...However we do have 2 good HQ posts for it, the issue is not GIMME its 4 to 5 solid variants and a hero since it is a Battlemech (I still like my "Beat stick" ;)).

If you want to argue for it please help by getting all the ducks in a row and facts straight, give it a good name. I put as much as I could think of for facts into my post here. I would say lets keep to just posting in one thread, and try to keep that post going.

You cant change a persons mind always if they are staunched against it, some have some really dump reasons to hate the mech others are meh, some are just personal feelings. I have not seen a good argument why NOT to add it EVER really though so that should say something. It wouldn't be DOA, it would sell will with many, it is a the Bitchen Big *** Love Child of a Timberwolf and Ebon Jag. It will be a hit....BUT they have a good point in that other mechs from this era NEED to be added before this, as they dont want to leave any of the bigger ones out...

Please guys I am all for this mech (I have been quite annoying I KNOW). We got an answer this mech has caused them to have long internal discussion on this mech, Russ has stated it on the Cusp. IT WILL COME IT IS ON THE LIST. IT isn't a matter of IF its a matter of when....and I have a good gut feeling we might get our announcement of this mech later this year...Just not released in game. I would put money on it coming before the Blood Asp or Deimos.

Let me repeat RUSS KNOWS ABOUT THE MECH IN GREAT DEPTH, HE KNOWS WE WANT IT, HE WANTS TO ADD IT, When the time is right in his gut.

#12 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:09 PM

Even if it can support it, people aren't going to run the bigger TCs on it. I don't think so, at least. Running a TC1 gives you most of the advantages but saves you a good chunk of tonnage which means more firepower, bigger engine, more DHS, whatever.

Also, Kodiak. KDK-3, Dual Gauss, dual LPLs. It'll do it. It'll lack the jump jets, but it's going to be fast. The XL395 will leave it at almost 70 kph as well and with the March patch, a single Hoverjet isn't going to be quite that big a deal for an assault anymore, or so I like to think - cause you won't get stuck on pebbles all the time, anyway.

You may want the Mk. II, but that doesn't mean that we objectively need the Mk. II.

#13 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:10 PM

View PostFupDup, on 27 February 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

Those circlejerks are a direct response to the "crusades."

Look, it's okay to like a mech. I like mechs too. Most of the mechs I like aren't eligible to be added to the game because of timeline and tech. But you don't see me creating weekly or almost daily threads about it. It's okay to have an opinion, as long as that opinion doesn't get shoved in everybody else's face continuously...that's the reaction that people have to the Mad Kitty Mk. II crusades.

I don't have any personal qualms against the mech, and I wouldn't really mind if it were added, but I do certainly get annoyed by these threads almost as much as the rest of the forum populace does.

Most of us aren't complaining about the "end," we're complaining about the "means" being used to that end.

So for the last week there have been at most two threads about the MK II going at the same time. Imperius made one in july, the other someone else made of his own volition. They were mostly civil, the discussions were good. Everyone's happy.

Russ announces the phoenix hawk, says older mechs get preferential treatment, and literally 30 seconds later, bishop steiner is posting winky faces in MK II threads and making his own threads specifically tailored towards gloating and provoking responses from MK II supporters.

Nobody bats an eye to that, but talking about the MK II anywhere now is heresy? I think not. I think that only a handful of people are actually bothered by the MK II threads, and they're the same handful of people who posted gleefully in bishop's gloating thread. The only people this thread bothers are those people. I don't care what those people think.

They make a thread where they gloat about the phoenix hawk and how its not the MK II haha in your face, and thats passion and enthusiasm. We make threads about our favourite mechs, and its fanaticism and crusading.

View PostLuminis, on 27 February 2016 - 01:09 PM, said:

Even if it can support it, people aren't going to run the bigger TCs on it. I don't think so, at least. Running a TC1 gives you most of the advantages but saves you a good chunk of tonnage which means more firepower, bigger engine, more DHS, whatever.

Also, Kodiak. KDK-3, Dual Gauss, dual LPLs. It'll do it. It'll lack the jump jets, but it's going to be fast. The XL395 will leave it at almost 70 kph as well and with the March patch, a single Hoverjet isn't going to be quite that big a deal for an assault anymore, or so I like to think - cause you won't get stuck on pebbles all the time, anyway.

You may want the Mk. II, but that doesn't mean that we objectively need the Mk. II.

90 tonner > 100 tonner

MK II hitboxes > Kodiak hitboxes

the kodiak will be terrifying, it will also be as robust as a piece of soggy toilet paper.

#14 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:23 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 27 February 2016 - 01:10 PM, said:

So for the last week there have been at most two threads about the MK II going at the same time. Imperius made one in july, the other someone else made of his own volition. They were mostly civil, the discussions were good. Everyone's happy.

Russ announces the phoenix hawk, says older mechs get preferential treatment, and literally 30 seconds later, bishop steiner is posting winky faces in MK II threads and making his own threads specifically tailored towards gloating and provoking responses from MK II supporters.

Nobody bats an eye to that, but talking about the MK II anywhere now is heresy? I think not. I think that only a handful of people are actually bothered by the MK II threads, and they're the same handful of people who posted gleefully in bishop's gloating thread. The only people this thread bothers are those people. I don't care what those people think.

They make a thread where they gloat about the phoenix hawk and how its not the MK II haha in your face, and thats passion and enthusiasm. We make threads about our favourite mechs, and its fanaticism and crusading.

90 tonner > 100 tonner

the kodiak will be terrifying, it will also be as robust as a piece of soggy toilet paper.

I like how you know the hitboxes will be better.

We don;t need this in game. People want a 90 ton TBR tier one mech. You allude to it even with your hitbox comment here. Russ can not win releasing this mech:

If it is good, and meets the expectations of "awesome" from the zealots, it will be a 90 ton tier zero TBR

If it is meh, it will be " a waste of a mech" and also "anything it does the normal tbr does better" and also " why use this when you can xxxx"

You guys always chime in saying you only expect a middle of the pack mech, but then you continually tell us how it will be better then mechs we already have and some we don;t even have.

The forum, including myself, are really starting to despise your illogical threads and comments and sheer dismissal of people that disagree with you.

I don;t even hate the Mk2, i would prolly buy it. But you know, I can see how it would create some balance issues for Russ, and why he might not want to make it priority one at this time. i will wait until it makes sense to ask for it. I will not create daily threads drooling over how awesome it is. You guys would do well to tone it down a step or two.

#15 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:24 PM

Currently there's no suitable dual Gauss platform which has this unique combination: mobile and can take advantage of the new TCs.

View Postpbiggz, on 27 February 2016 - 01:10 PM, said:

90 tonner > 100 tonner

--> OP considers the Mk. II necessary because the game lacks a mobile dual Gausser
--> We'll get a mobile dual gausser
--> OP's reasoning is off

Yes, the Mk. II might be a little better than the KDK. Doesn't make it OMG unique in what it brings to the table.

#16 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:26 PM

View PostZordicron, on 27 February 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

I like how you know the hitboxes will be better.

We don;t need this in game. People want a 90 ton TBR tier one mech. You allude to it even with your hitbox comment here. Russ can not win releasing this mech:

If it is good, and meets the expectations of "awesome" from the zealots, it will be a 90 ton tier zero TBR

If it is meh, it will be " a waste of a mech" and also "anything it does the normal tbr does better" and also " why use this when you can xxxx"

You guys always chime in saying you only expect a middle of the pack mech, but then you continually tell us how it will be better then mechs we already have and some we don;t even have.

The forum, including myself, are really starting to despise your illogical threads and comments and sheer dismissal of people that disagree with you.

I don;t even hate the Mk2, i would prolly buy it. But you know, I can see how it would create some balance issues for Russ, and why he might not want to make it priority one at this time. i will wait until it makes sense to ask for it. I will not create daily threads drooling over how awesome it is. You guys would do well to tone it down a step or two.

We took it down many notches, then bishop steiner made insult threats aimed at us and said we were being immature.

Keep calling us zealots, because you're just proving my point.

#17 stuntmahn

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:45 PM

[snip for brevity]

So what you're not saying is why we need it.

What you want is a faster Dire Wolf with jump jets, got it.

#18 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:50 PM

We don't need any new mechs.

/thread

#19 stuntmahn

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:50 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 27 February 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

Nobody is trying to convince you. Enjoy your phoenix hawk.

On the contrary.
"Why We Need The Mad Cat Mk. Il" is the topic of this thread. But he did a very bad job of it.

#20 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:51 PM

View PostLuminis, on 27 February 2016 - 01:24 PM, said:

--> OP considers the Mk. II necessary because the game lacks a mobile dual Gausser
--> We'll get a mobile dual gausser
--> OP's reasoning is off

Yes, the Mk. II might be a little better than the KDK. Doesn't make it OMG unique in what it brings to the table.

The Blood Asp and Kodiak share the same problem that the Gausses are mounted on the ST. If you disregard that, then yes, they serve the same purpose as the Mad Cat Mk.II.

BTW I can't write a thread stating that I want something. That would be lame.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users