Cant Play Mech

14 replies to this topic

#1 Cooler

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:53 PM

So i just bought Ebon Jaguar EBJ-B,spent 15million C-bills on him and when i go to faction play and edit my mechs,he isnt there.I restarted the game and still-cant select him so i add him to my 4 mechs and go CW.Any reason for that?

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:57 PM

Ebon Jaguar is a Clan mech... That is factions Clan Wolf, Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Smoke Jaguar and Clan Ghost Bear.

You're under the Inner Sphere faction (House) Davion.

This is akin to playing Battlefield as an American, and wondering why you don't have a Chinese tank. o.o

Good news is you can use it in the Faction Warfare (Community Warfare) soon as your faction switches over to "Clan."

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:59 PM

the Ebon Jaguar is a Clan Mech, you are under contract with House Davion so you can only use Inner Sphere Mechs for faction play, however there is nothing stopping you using the EBJ in quick play games.

to use the Ebon Jag you will have to take a contract with one of the Clan Factions, that is Ghost Bear, Jade Falcon, Smoke Jaguar or Wolf
Inner Sphere factions are Davion, Kurita, Marek, Liao, Steiner and the Free Rasslehague Republic

here is a list of Mechs by faction

Clan Mechs (cannot be used by the Inner Sphere factions in faction play)
Spoiler

Inner Sphere Mechs (cannot be used by the Clan factions in faction play)
Spoiler

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 27 February 2016 - 01:01 PM.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:01 PM

This is also why it irks me when people use the term "clan", as the guild/group equivelant can get confused with the official term "Clan", as in a group of 12 factions (4 currently playable) bent on taking over the Inner Sphere. (Their reasons may vary, from "Terra awaits us as it was written" so that they can protect the IS from itself to "We will take back what is ours by might, that shinning jewel Terra".

(Quotes from Wolf and Jade Falcon)

Edited by Koniving, 27 February 2016 - 01:04 PM.

#5 Cooler

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:09 PM

oh..well i wish i knew this before going to davion or before buying the mech ;/
Btw it says if i break my contract i will lose 2,5 million,is that it? I can just break it and immediately go to a clan faction?

Edited by Cooler, 27 February 2016 - 01:11 PM.

#6 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:37 PM

What's your contract duration? One can simply let it expire.

Edited by Spheroid, 27 February 2016 - 01:37 PM.

#7 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:45 PM

View PostKoniving, on 27 February 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

"We will take back what is ours by might, that shinning jewel Terra".

I always thought they said 'right', not 'might'.

#8 Cooler

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 27 February 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

What's your contract duration? One can simply let it expire.

17 more days 50k per day penalty

#9 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,665 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:01 PM

View PostCooler, on 27 February 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

Also consider that your current IS mechs will not be available for Faction warfare on the Clan side (edited) either. So besides your ebon, what other Clan mechs will you be using? The trial T-wolf, Stormcrow and Cheetah are not bad trial Clan mechs.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 27 February 2016 - 04:09 PM.

#10 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:03 PM

I would play it out while using whatever CBills you grind to finish out a Clan deck, and definitely do the mech bay tour of Davion while you're there.

EBJ is a fine chassis to use in CW. HBR, too, and I think it's a little less expensive. Build up four mechs between those two chassis, and in 17 days you can move to a contract with one of the four Clan factions to put your shiny new stuff to use!

#11 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:03 PM

View PostCooler, on 27 February 2016 - 01:09 PM, said:

oh..well i wish i knew this before going to davion or before buying the mech ;/
Btw it says if i break my contract i will lose 2,5 million,is that it? I can just break it and immediately go to a clan faction?

View PostCooler, on 27 February 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

then it is not 2.5 million, it is "only" 850k.

If you break you are stuck with the current faction for 3 days,the 3 day cooldown is to stop people switching too frequently. then you can take another contract with the faction of your choice.

I personally recommend 1 week contracts unless you are sure you only want to use the one faction, the 1 week contracts mean you can do the "Mechbay tour" reach rank 2 with each faction (2-8 games depending on how well you do) and get a free Mechbay, then another for each 4 ranks past 2. there are 10 factions and I think 60 free Mechbays available

#12 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,884 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:18 PM

OP,

Before you do ANYTHING else regarding faction play, buying mechs, etc. I suggest you read the various entries under the "game" tab above. Knowing more about how the game is structured and how it works will save you much future headaches.
Just a suggestion.

#13 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:39 PM

Point of clarification for OP:

And please don't take this badly, if you already know. We'll ASSUME you don't, based on the content of the top post, but may be wrong there. If so, know that I mean no insult by this.

The "MECH BAY TOUR": See, each of the ten factions has a rank structure. You start with ZERO rank with any of them. Through playing CW matches ("Faction Warfare"), you earn Loyalty Points. Those Loyalty Points apply ONLY to the faction you were under contract to, when you earned them. As you gain LP, you gain rank as well with that faction. There is a number of cumulative LP associated with any rank within a faction, and all factions have the same number of ranks at the same LP levels. Each rank also comes with a reward (CBills, GXP, etc.). One of the rewards earned for attaining certain ranks is a free MECH BAY. This reward comes at ranks 2, 6, 10, 14, and 18. Playing 1 match per night, you should be able to achieve rank 2 in a week's contract EASILY, even if you get STOMPED each match. Playing 3-5 solid matches a night, a few nights a week, should net you rank 6 within 2 weeks, and fairly easily.

So, the MECH BAY TOUR is simply the process of grinding up LP enough to earn a mech bay reward from the current faction before the contract expires, then moving on to another faction to do the same. There are 10 factions out there, and 5 mech bay promotions per faction, for a grand total of 50 FREE MECH BAYS, no IRL money at all involved.

More realistically, you CAN earn 10 free ones in under 3 months, and perhaps 20 in under 6 months. THAT is the MECH BAY TOUR.

That system MAY be subject to some tuning-up in the future, so take advantage while you can.

And again, if you already knew this, then I apologize for any offense you may have taken to the above. Not trying to treat anyone like a child here. Just trying to be helpful.

#14 Cooler

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:52 PM

View PostSister RAbbi, on 27 February 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

Point of clarification for OP:

And please don't take this badly, if you already know. We'll ASSUME you don't, based on the content of the top post, but may be wrong there. If so, know that I mean no insult by this.

The "MECH BAY TOUR": See, each of the ten factions has a rank structure. You start with ZERO rank with any of them. Through playing CW matches ("Faction Warfare"), you earn Loyalty Points. Those Loyalty Points apply ONLY to the faction you were under contract to, when you earned them. As you gain LP, you gain rank as well with that faction. There is a number of cumulative LP associated with any rank within a faction, and all factions have the same number of ranks at the same LP levels. Each rank also comes with a reward (CBills, GXP, etc.). One of the rewards earned for attaining certain ranks is a free MECH BAY. This reward comes at ranks 2, 6, 10, 14, and 18. Playing 1 match per night, you should be able to achieve rank 2 in a week's contract EASILY, even if you get STOMPED each match. Playing 3-5 solid matches a night, a few nights a week, should net you rank 6 within 2 weeks, and fairly easily.

So, the MECH BAY TOUR is simply the process of grinding up LP enough to earn a mech bay reward from the current faction before the contract expires, then moving on to another faction to do the same. There are 10 factions out there, and 5 mech bay promotions per faction, for a grand total of 50 FREE MECH BAYS, no IRL money at all involved.

More realistically, you CAN earn 10 free ones in under 3 months, and perhaps 20 in under 6 months. THAT is the MECH BAY TOUR.

That system MAY be subject to some tuning-up in the future, so take advantage while you can.

And again, if you already knew this, then I apologize for any offense you may have taken to the above. Not trying to treat anyone like a child here. Just trying to be helpful.

No offence taken,i just came back after a loooong break from mwo and skipped all these clan stuff(before the release of the blue ui mechs) so i thought i can use whatever mech i want in a CW,didnt knew they were separated.

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:08 PM

Used to be a 2 day cooldown. Guess it wasn't punishing enough back in phase 1. Heh... I remember being so angry, but then again I had to pay for 24 members just to hit that 2 day penalty, from 4 days left.

View PostSnagaDance, on 27 February 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

I always thought they said 'right', not 'might'.

I always used to think so too but for some reason I heard might that time.

"We are Jade Falcon, great among the Clans. We are warriors who fight with the strength of the falcons claw and ascend to the heavens on the wings of the same. We remember with the clarity of falcon-sight the words of Kerensky. Through the smoke of time he speaks to us, his chosen, and urges us onward with the promise of Eden. We will retake what is ours by right, that shining jewel Terra. Not the vastness of space nor the Wolf’s obstinate howl will stay us from our righteous goal. We are Crusaders and will trample all who stand in our way!"
Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 96
Evidently it is "right". It does work either way, though, especially with their personality.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users