Clan Uac-5 With Tc

Module Balance Weapons

20 replies to this topic

#1 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:04 AM

Has anyone else noticed the increase in the jamming probability while running a CL UAC -5, after the recent patch where TCs were changed amongst a host of other changes? I mention this because , it is my go to ballistic for the ebon jaguar, but have since shelved any builds with it as the jam rate is attrocious. Like both jamming frequently. Conversely I'be found the UAC-10 is more reliable than before, and have switched to incorporating it in builds. Even on my Warduck with -30% jam chance they jam pretty readily, especially if running with a TC. Just wondering if I'm the only one that feels like it jams way more, and any input or thoughts on it would be welcome. Thanks

Edited by JackalBeast, 28 February 2016 - 01:05 AM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:15 AM

CUAC10 has longer cooldown than the CUAC5, hence it will appear to jam less, since it is shooting less amount per minute.

#3 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:38 AM

Thanks for the input Bandito, the issue I was implying was on how the behavior of the Clan UAC 5 seemingly jams a lot more than it did before the most recent major patch(besides flamer fix lol) . Like noticeably more imo. I brought up the UAC 10, because to me it now seems more reliable after patch than before, which is a trade off but I'll take it lol. The ebon jaguar was my first purchase when I got back into the game mid September, and I've dropped in it just shy of 1,000 times. Of those, I ran a dual Uac5 build quite frequently. I'm just saying that it seems they are behaving differently than before.

Edited by JackalBeast, 28 February 2016 - 01:39 AM.

#4 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:46 AM

I don't know if I was just having a bad day but yesterday I was having terrible luck with my IS UAC's. Specifically on my ENF-5P which has 2 and my WVR-7D, both with 30% jam quicks. Multiple times back to back I was having 1 or both jam on the first double tap multiple times. 3 times in a row is 15 seconds of crippled mech. I usually chalk it up to my terrible luck though. Some days it rarely jams and life is good.

#5 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:23 AM

Did you remember to sacrifice a Mist Lynx to satisfy RNGesus?

#6 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:53 AM

Yeah, it isn't just the Clans. I had a Marauder 3R in a CW series last night and it has one u-5 over ERPPCs and MLs. The u-5 jammed on the first shot every time through four drops and basically stayed jammed. It was darn useless. I'm >< that close to shelving uAC5 on anything not specifically quirked for it.

#7 Soultraxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:11 AM

View PostVashramire, on 28 February 2016 - 01:46 AM, said:

I don't know if I was just having a bad day but yesterday I was having terrible luck with my IS UAC's. Specifically on my ENF-5P which has 2 and my WVR-7D, both with 30% jam quicks. Multiple times back to back I was having 1 or both jam on the first double tap multiple times. 3 times in a row is 15 seconds of crippled mech. I usually chalk it up to my terrible luck though. Some days it rarely jams and life is good.

I noticed it on my -30% jam chance Wolverine yesterday as well. It got so bad I ended up putting an AC5 on instead.

#8 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:17 AM

I would not be surprised in the least if something is going on with jam chance.

#9 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:04 AM

Good stuff guys. Yeah Jman, especially hearing thatits happening on both sides. Who knows, maybe it wasn't right and now is actually 30%, or it got jinked. If that is how they are now to stay, then I for one am going to flat out never use them

Edited by JackalBeast, 28 February 2016 - 09:05 AM.

#10 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:09 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 28 February 2016 - 02:23 AM, said:

Did you remember to sacrifice a Mist Lynx to satisfy RNGesus?

Ah that makes sense.. Everyone! Gather up the mist lynx' we is gonna have ourselves a barbeque!

#11 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:15 AM

Yes, there is something happening in-game with UAC5s jamming IF you are running more than 1 uac5 and, you are using the cool-down modules.

Last night, I had all 3 of my CUAC5s jam at the same time on group fire, while just holding down the button (no double-tapping) when they cleared I fired again and boom all 3 jammed again without actually sending out a projectile. Seen that behavior many times -- so much so that I usually just chain-fire all 3 now (holding button down do no double taps)

Seriously wish switching to regular C-ACs was a viable option in Clans but with bigger size and no modules...it isn't.

Edited by nehebkau, 28 February 2016 - 09:20 AM.

#12 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:27 AM

Ya I forgot to mention the cool down module for fear of sounding redundant. Although it seems to enhance jamming all the more, it's hard to tell. I don't often prefer to run trip Uacs on the jaguar, prefer two and some junk. Double jamming at the same time a lot, versus it happening once in a while but not every other shot. That's what got me to post this question in the first place.

Not to detract, but Ya the cl ac 5 is weird, like the other placeholders. They have been in game for long enough they are likely permanent. A cool down would make it viable alternative to the what I will now refer to as the jamcannon, esp if incorporated with a decent tc

Edited by JackalBeast, 28 February 2016 - 09:35 AM.

#13 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:46 AM

View PostJman5, on 28 February 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

I would not be surprised in the least if something is going on with jam chance.

I am fairly certain that it is not entirely governed by RNG. They seem to reliably jam if you hit the button at the half-way point, and any given single UAC seems to jam more frequently when run with other UACs.

#14 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:48 AM

What happened is that someone killed Russ with a quad ultra 5 build so the ultra5's get a ninja nerf.

#15 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:02 AM

Posted Image

#16 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:02 PM

All I can say is that recently I have had trouble burning through ammunition at the rate I used to go through regularly.

Yesterday I actually stripped 1-2 tons of ammo off several uac builds just because I couldn't even get close to burning through it. For now I am just going to assume I'm playing worse than normal, but in the back of my mind I do wonder if something is going on.

Edited by Jman5, 28 February 2016 - 12:03 PM.

#17 WILL WORK FOR JUMPJETS

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:33 PM

I've also been suspicious of this on my Jaguars. Running with cool down mods, it seems more often than not UAC/5's will both jam within 2-3 shots every match, and quite frequently after only one trigger pull. The fact that you can get long bursts on the occasion doesn't offset the seeming regularity of early fire jamming (and usually both simultaneously).

#18 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:41 PM

Weird you should say this. I seem to be getting far more dual jams than normal. For example I use dual UAC-5's on quite a few mechs (both IS and Clan) and both will jam on the same shot with surprising regularity, where before dual jams were very rare. Perhaps Mcgral will check the code and see if something changed.

#19 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:44 PM

View PostJ0anna, on 28 February 2016 - 01:41 PM, said:

Perhaps Mcgral will check the code and see if something changed.

Heard.

Posted Image

#20 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:01 PM

I haven't noticed any difference with my UACs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users