4 replies to this topic

#1 Vossiewulf

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSan Mateo, CA

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:57 PM

Game UI and Smurfy's says there should be no ghost heat firing two C-ERLLs, 10 heat for one and 20 for two.

I'm testing in a Shadowcat A with 3, two one one firing group and one on the other. Starting from 0 heat on the testing grounds, when I fire one I get 8% heat, which implies the scale is 125 heat total.

Let it return to 0 again, and fire two - I should get 16%, right? I don't, I get 22%, which would be 27.5 heat. Am I missing something or is something wonky?

#2 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:13 PM

Yes. You are missing something.

I'm on my phone and this page keeps crashing... So wait and someone will explain to you in detail.

Damn... Already crashed 3 times

#3 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:36 PM

I'm too tired to give maths and such, and I'm not 100% sure I'm explaining this correctly so anyone feel free to correct any erros I make.

Essentially, it's based on how the heat system works. The amount of heat you hit when you fire a weapon isn't going to always equate to a certain % based on the numbers you see in the mechlab. I know that sounds confusing but, again if I remember correctly, your heat scale takes into account the cooldown period of the weapon. Your heatsinks don't prevent heat, they dissipate heat. So if your heat generation is higher than your heat dissipation (2.0 heat management in the mech lab) then your heat will not be at 0% when you fire the next salvo of that weapon.

What ghost heat does is add a heat penalty when triggered. (don't remember the actual math on that one)

Essentially, without being able to explain the math and technical terms, you're missing something lol

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I'm sure one of our resident mathematicians will be along shortly to explain much better than I can. :)

I just wanted to give you a general idea of how the heat scale works to my understanding

#4 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:57 AM

Ok.

Lets assume you have 12 double heat sinks (10 with 0.2 H/s dissipation in the engine and 2 externals with 0.15 dissipation). This will give you 2.3 H/s dissipation in total on a mech with no skill unlock and 2.65 with elite skills

A single clan ER large laser generates 10 heat over its burn duration of 1.5 sec. In other words, it generates 6.66 heat per second over the burn time for a total of 10 heat.
Now if you subtract your dissipation from your generation, you'll end up with 4 heat per second generatio in total. Which adds up to 6 heat after the burn time.

Now, lrts consider 2 clan ER large lasers. If you fire them at the same time you'll generate 20 heat over 1.5 burn time. Or 13.33 heat per second during burn time. If you subtract your dissipation of 2.65 you'll end up with 10.66 heat per second generation total. Which adds up to 16 heat after laser burn time.

As you can see, firing 2 lasers will give you more heat spike than 2 single lasers.

#5 Vossiewulf

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSan Mateo, CA

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:13 AM

Thanks guys, that makes sense, I wasn't thinking that heat would be dumping at the same time it's being generated. Which is good, as that's more accurate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users