Will You Moderate Team Damage On Ghost Drops?

23 replies to this topic

#21 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:11 AM

Oh joy look a landing beacon beep beep beep now go kill it

or

look 11 other bored guys and ladies who waited 10 minutes talking about rule 42 who you could ALSO kill.......

#22 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:13 AM

View PostSader325, on 29 February 2016 - 06:38 AM, said:

There is no matchmaking... That's the point.

Take your anti MS agenda somewhere else, this isn't what this post is about.

Lol. I don't even know what an anti-MS agenda is to be honest.

I was replying to someone commenting that CW pays better than the solo queue because they win all the time. Which is a problem with CW but I agree is off topic for this thread.

Finally, as for "Ghost drops" ... as far as I am concerned it is a brain dead mechanic to have a team drop against no one. The whole point of a team game is to face teams. On the other hand, maybe this is why PGI is working on PVE content :) ... they will start having Ghost drops against challenging AI so that the win rate ends up going down to 50/50 ... though to be honest, I think that would be the wrong approach and elimination of ghost drops period would make more sense.

#23 Dino Might

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:42 AM

View PostSader325, on 29 February 2016 - 05:09 AM, said:

New Team Kill / Team Damage automatic moderation

An automated penalty system is being implemented to address Team Kills and Team Damage, which will work in much the same way as the existing Disconnect penalty. Like the Disconnect penalty we’re careful to realize that once in a while an accident happens; doing a bit of Team Damage here and there is generally not going to trigger the penalty, and if it does, the initial penalty is minor (only 10 seconds). The system is designed to snare more egregious instances of Team Kills/Damage.

This system does not apply to Private Matches

Posted Image

This screenshot makes me a sad panda Posted Image

Because it totally eclipses my best CW ghost drop, in which I did about 1K team damage, and I thought that was pretty good for our matchup. We split 6 vs 6 and half of us played the defense side for them.

The other fantastic game is to play artillery roulette. You have one referee in a light. The other 11 players all cluster on one spot as close together as possible (I like picking a landing platform that just fits the 11 other mechs on it, so anyone who steps out is disqualified). Each of the 11 players on the platform takes a turn dropping an arty strike anywhere they want on the platform. The winner of the roulette is the mech that survives the longest. Optionally, the winner must then take on the referee. If he emerges lone survivor after the 11 arty strikes and the 1 on 1 battle with the ref, then he is crowned the Highlander. Remember...there can be only one... Posted Image

edit to add: most times nobody survives 11 arty strikes, but respawning mechs must provide additional artillery drops to reach a total of 11, or the result is null and void.

Edited by Dino Might, 29 February 2016 - 11:44 AM.

#24 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:53 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 29 February 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

10 minutes talking about rule 42 who you could ALSO kill.......

I thought we were the only ones who did that... Posted Image

View PostDino Might, on 29 February 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

This screenshot makes me a sad panda Posted Image

Because it totally eclipses my best CW ghost drop, in which I did about 1K team damage, and I thought that was pretty good for our matchup. We split 6 vs 6 and half of us played the defense side for them.

The other fantastic game is to play artillery roulette. You have one referee in a light. The other 11 players all cluster on one spot as close together as possible (I like picking a landing platform that just fits the 11 other mechs on it, so anyone who steps out is disqualified). Each of the 11 players on the platform takes a turn dropping an arty strike anywhere they want on the platform. The winner of the roulette is the mech that survives the longest. Optionally, the winner must then take on the referee. If he emerges lone survivor after the 11 arty strikes and the 1 on 1 battle with the ref, then he is crowned the Highlander. Remember...there can be only one... Posted Image

edit to add: most times nobody survives 11 arty strikes, but respawning mechs must provide additional artillery drops to reach a total of 11, or the result is null and void.

Here's the real test of your skills.

Get the most team damage without getting a kill so you don't get dinged in match rewards Posted Image

FYI; A legged mech is a lonely mech in CW lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users