Ocd And Mirror Builds

15 replies to this topic

#1 Digital Pseudonym

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:33 AM

Hello all my OCD is overtaking my life once more . . . really struggling to play at the moment it helps if I have mirror builds, i.e. the same load outs on the left and right . . . apart from Black Jacks and the Raven Higgin are there any other mirror builds out there ?

#2 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:47 AM

All jagermechs for sure.
Battle master (just use the high torso energy mounts.

There's lots, just look at them in the mechlab.

#3 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:50 AM

Lights...Jenner would have mirrored setups. Maybe the Artic Cheetah and Firestarter does (seem to, but don't know for sure).

Medium...Cicada also has some mirrored setups that work well (I love the 2A).

Heavy...Catapult K2/Jester tend to favor mirrored builds. I'd also say the Jager as well. The Rifleman would probably be decent too.

Assaults... Not that familiar since I don't pilot many. I think the Stalker has good mirrored builds. Maybe the King Crab if you ignore torso weapons *shrug*

I think those are a few. In many cases min/maxing (heavier weapons loaded on one side) does work a bit better since you can peek from cover while exposing less mech. Of course most of your firepower goes away if you lose that torso or arm, but good twisting will help minimize that at least.

If you have to absolutely have to mirror build, go high hard points (like the Jager, Catapult, or even the Cicada) so that you can use hills for cover (JJs don't hurt either if possible).

#4 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:00 AM

You're not helping yourself by pursuing mirror builds and you know this.

Try a symmetrical mech like the jager with an asymmetric build, say twin AC5's two Mlas one side and one LL the other, find the balance in the ranges.
Or perhaps double PPCs on a cicada but mounted on one side only (better convergence, expose less of the mech to fire etc.)
Bust out a centurion and learn to sword and board with an AC/20.

Break the cycle rather than asking for help to wrap your mind in chains.

Best o luck dude.

#5 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:00 AM

I'm currently running a 4xcLPL Warhawk, with two cLPLs in each arm, split into two groups. Works very well for me Posted Image You just have to make sure to stagger your shots by 0.5 secs or more to avoid ghost heat.

Edited by DGTLDaemon, 29 February 2016 - 06:01 AM.

#6 zeves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:12 AM

alot of the clan mechs work for OCD , direwolf timberwolf and so on. although they are right you should try to counter your ocd.
it can quickly get booring otherwise.
I understand it can get quite hard, my Brother has OCD.

Edited by zeves, 29 February 2016 - 06:17 AM.

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:19 AM

Mauler is good for mirror builds. :)

#8 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:31 AM

My favorite mirror build mechs...

Timber wolf, dual Large pulse, 3 ML's,
Nova 4 ML's, 6 SLP's,
HBK 4SP dual 4's + 4ML's,
Jester,, 4 MPL's, 2 LLL's,
Catpult K2, Dual PPC+ Dual AC5's,
Death's Kneel 4 MPL's,
Commando 3A, 2 MPL's SRM6 laucher in center,
Fire starter Ember, 4 machine guns 4 ML's
Cataphract 4X, dual AC10's, dual machine guns, dual ML's
Stalker 3F, Dual LRM10's, Dual SRM4's, 4 ML's

I also know the stormcrow can make tons of dual builds as well, i have um but have not played um yet.. All the above i have spent much time in and all Play well. Mirror builds dont' really play better or worse, just different in most cases. You do need to spend time protecting and twisting though, to make sure you keep your full weapon loads.

The thing the side only builds do better is let you give up an arm, or even torso as sacrifice to keep on tanking.. that said, those builds also have the down side of loosing that other arm/torso and your toast..

They both have their pluses and minuses,, But if OCD and mirror builds make you happy, you really do have a ton of choices.. http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

FYI, not all mirror builds have to have the same hard points on each side.. (not sure if this is an issue or not) Does it work for ya, if you also leave a hard point empty? Though most of the ones i listed are mirrors even on hard points too. The Clan mechs i listed, you can need to swap omni pods to make um mirrior

#9 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:41 AM

I have no problem with asymmetric mechs, but I can't bring myself to unbalance an otherwise even mech by putting a lopsided weapon build on it. I see people suggesting a Jager with 3 UAC5 but I just cannot make one myself.

#10 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:59 AM

View PostSadist Cain, on 29 February 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

You're not helping yourself by pursuing mirror builds and you know this.

Try a symmetrical mech like the jager with an asymmetric build, say twin AC5's two Mlas one side and one LL the other, find the balance in the ranges.
Or perhaps double PPCs on a cicada but mounted on one side only (better convergence, expose less of the mech to fire etc.)
Bust out a centurion and learn to sword and board with an AC/20.

Break the cycle rather than asking for help to wrap your mind in chains.

Best o luck dude.

This

Or maybe reassign some of that order-seeking drive to improve your (OP's) punctuation ;).
Properly structured information has a beauty in itself and is actually constructive instead of obsessively nonconstructive.

IHMO, seeking order is a good thing in principle. OCD is just a misguided form and needs to be replaced by something constructive.

#11 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:14 AM

The Warhammer 6R has a nice, symmetrical loadout with one AC 10 and two ML in each side torso. Storm Crows can also be build to be symmetrical, with, say, PPCs in the torso mounts or LPLs. Brawling Timberwolves also fit that pattern, I think. Laser vomit as well, to a lesser degree (as the weapons are symmetrical, the other equipment, however, is not).

#12 Digital Pseudonym

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:15 AM

Thank you all....lla uoy knaht

seriously thanks .

#13 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:27 PM

I'm kind of that way myself, but not necessarily mirroring the exact weapons loadouts -- I like to have them balanced weight-wise.

Like having a LL on the left and two MPL plus one ML on the right.

Or if there aren't enough hardpoints, I balance using heat sinks or other equipment.

It's weird though ... some 'Mechs I am completely fine with them being nowhere near balanced. Others absolutely have to be balanced.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 29 February 2016 - 01:28 PM.

#14 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:48 PM

Catapults, Locusts, Jagermechs, Blackjacks, Jenners, Riflemen all work well with symmetrical builds.

#15 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:55 PM

i have ocd for 0.9 tons instead of the full 1 ton

#16 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:58 PM

Riflemans, Warhammers (one of them at least, more if you ignore some hardpoints), Firestarters, HBK IICs, HBK-4SP... Plenty of options.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users