5 replies to this topic

#1 Leded

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:04 PM

i'm not certain if this has been talked about as it's been like a year since i really "played".
i think alot of the quirks on the IS mechs is kinda nice to have.

but, i can't help but think that "if" all those nice perks were on IS mechs when the Clans were released there would have been a much smaller outcry for all the Clan nerfs.

almost looks like the playing field would have been a little more level if all that was in place from the start. hell i can admit when the Clans first came out... dam those weapons were murder tubes.

and the CW map looks far different than i remembered it... clans are getting pressed back hard.

i just got to thinking about that today when i drilled an assault mech in the armor exposed rear CT with 4 PPCs and he just turned around and shot the crap outa me. (bonus Structure hp CT being the culprit)

if i'm alone in thinking that they should roll back many clan equipment to their original values and "see what happens" i'll shut up, but i just wanted to throw that out there Posted Image

#2 His Holiness Pope Buster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:20 PM

Apply heavy structure quirks to all IS mechs. Remove all of the silly mobility nerfs. Bump PPC and AC velocities. And you have a more dynamic and exciting game.

#3 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:57 PM

I am not a big lore freak, but I kinda liked the in game impact of clan and could not help but see its relationship to lore. I also do not mind the changes over time.

Games get old and change is good. I do feel sorry for new folks that have so many more sub-par mechs to choose from compared to what I had 2 years ago.

#4 Leded

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:14 AM

View PostChuck Jager, on 28 February 2016 - 09:57 PM, said:

I am not a big lore freak, but I kinda liked the in game impact of clan and could not help but see its relationship to lore. I also do not mind the changes over time.

Games get old and change is good. I do feel sorry for new folks that have so many more sub-par mechs to choose from compared to what I had 2 years ago.

well, feel "more sorry" lol
https://www.facebook...&type=3

#5 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:36 AM

The answer is that quirks shouldn't exist as they are because they're applied as sloppy band-aid fixes to everything.

Weapon, tech, and mech balance needs to be addressed in other ways because quirks are a huge shitfest failure.

#6 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:12 AM

View PostPjwned, on 29 February 2016 - 10:36 AM, said:

The answer is that quirks shouldn't exist as they are because they're applied as sloppy band-aid fixes to everything.

Weapon, tech, and mech balance needs to be addressed in other ways because quirks are a huge shitfest failure.

To be fair, I think it was Russ who said they're looking into possible changes to base weapon stats in the future in lieu of quirks but that was a few months ago...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users