24/7 Viridian Bog, 4000 Tickets, Instant Mech Respawns, Noob Friendly, Pugs-United Server

5 replies to this topic

#1 Benjamin357

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:57 PM

We are not quite there yet, but that is the direction we are going.

Edited by Benjamin357, 03 March 2016 - 03:57 PM.

#2 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:06 PM

A lot of problems would be solved if players could host servers. I know EA made a lot of money selling servers to private parties that remained ranked. (hint pgi, something you can monetize)

I can think of some stock mode only servers with some upgraded mechs disabled, for example, that would be fun to play on while leveling a new mech or even for newer players to get away from super high alpha builds.

Could even have a modified stock, where the upgrades are allowed, basically full open stock mode with no restricted mechs, even champions and heros allowed in their stock configurations.

#3 Benjamin357

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:15 PM

The biggest problem with the MWO voting system, and player hosted servers (in Battlefield games for instance), is that you end up with significantly less variety. They just run the most popular maps and modes. I would rather see totally random map selection in MWO.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,926 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:21 PM

we did that, what we got is streaks of the same map over and over again and you could go days without seeing certain maps once.

now popular maps get run a lot more. if people like less popular maps they can vote for them, stack their votes and get it. the problem is a lot of players say f it and dont vote, and then they complain about the maps that come up. vote ffs. and vote for what you want, not what you dont (this will be fixed soonish).

Edited by LordNothing, 03 March 2016 - 04:22 PM.

#5 Benjamin357

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:27 PM

Yeah now that you mention it, I remember the "random" selection used to run into the same type of weird crap-map streaks as the voting system.

#6 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:31 PM

View PostBenjamin357, on 03 March 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

Yeah now that you mention it, I remember the "random" selection used to run into the same type of weird crap-map streaks as the voting system.

Random is Random.....

But i also play the crap bog about 25 times a week and i could go without ever seeing that map again honeslty. wouldnt hurt my feelings one bit.

View PostLordNothing, on 03 March 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

we did that, what we got is streaks of the same map over and over again and you could go days without seeing certain maps once.

now popular maps get run a lot more. if people like less popular maps they can vote for them, stack their votes and get it. the problem is a lot of players say f it and dont vote, and then they complain about the maps that come up. vote ffs. and vote for what you want, not what you dont (this will be fixed soonish).

Voting CAN work, but how long does it take to save up the vote enough to get the map your want over the other people in the game?

Maybe 3 times a week does my vote ACTUALLY land on the map i want unless i have a 8 or more multiplier which can take 8 games to get it.

So if i play 8 maps and modes i dont want to get ONE map or Mode i do want then whats the point in playing? Video games are suppose to be fun, if you DONT LIKE IT its more then likely NOT FUN to you and you more then likely will spend your time somewhere else.

If i play Vbog 3 or 4 times in a row i log off and go play something else....if its not fun i will find something else that is.

Edited by Revis Volek, 03 March 2016 - 04:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users