6 replies to this topic

#1 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:01 AM

From the new Code of Conduct:

Naming and shaming the alleged misconduct of another individual, including but not limited to accusations of cheating or exploiting.

So far we've had at least TWO threads (one is still ongoing) that have rapidly spiraled out of control in regards to baseless cheating/hacking accusations.

In many cases, it's the same players who are doing this, and they continue to throw units and sometimes individual players under the bus, with absolutely no regard for the rules, policies, or potential damage to that unit/player's reputation that may result.

These are often done with no supporting evidence (not like that would make it okay). Not only that, but many responses in these threads (and others) are direct personal attacks against other players.

Moderators, could you please look into this? There are multiple players who continue to stir up trouble and are often at the root of many of these threads, continuously edging other players on, and generally showing a complete lack of respect for the rules and other players.

It's time to do some forum clean up, warn some players, perhaps give some of the worst offenders a temporary time out. I don't particularly care how it gets done, but something needs to be done, because this crap is getting out of hand way too often nowadays.

Edited by Aresye, 29 February 2016 - 11:12 AM.

#2 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:03 AM

Would it be ironic if this thread were locked or deleted by the moderators?

#3 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:04 AM

Do your job.

Report the postings that Name and Shame using the "Report" link that's on every forum posting.

Making a thread in General Discussion where you flippantly accuse the moderators on not doing their job is not going to generate much positive motion.

Just report the posts.

#4 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:05 AM

View Postcazidin, on 29 February 2016 - 11:03 AM, said:

Would it be ironic if this thread were locked or deleted by the moderators?

Well, it is against the code of conduct to criticize moderators...

#5 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:10 AM

What's truly ironic?

This thread violates CoC by discussing moderation. Posted Image

2 things though

1. They do do their job when you report. Quite quickly in many cases (I mean under 5 minutes in some cases that I can personally attest to after reporting a post or thread)

2. According to that, PGI would have to punish Russ because he does exactly that on Twitter quite regularly in regards to unitsPosted Image

#6 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:11 AM

Telling mods they're not doing their jobs properly...

What could possibly go wrong?

#7 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

You know what I find a bit sad about this?

That instead of taking the approach and telling the Moderators like me what's going on or reporting it again to let us see it.

I can't say what's going on over here, but let's just say that there's a bit of a problem with some reports received.

And, as people have said, discussing moderation is against the CoC, thread's going to be locked now because of so, there should be no reason to discuss it instead of acting as I have explained above.

I'd also like to add that we are Volunteer Moderators, not permanent, we, like many other people, have lives and may not have the time to deal with some issues.

Edited by Scout Derek, 29 February 2016 - 11:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users