Offline Game Mode?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Dashia

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:21 PM

Hey mech bros. I was thinking, i love this game but sometimes the net is down or im around where net is not an option. I remember MW4 and how cool it was plus it was a cd game you could play it anytime.
SO......my thought was would an offline mode for this game be a option? like a version where you dont have to sign into the server or be online. Like download your profile info onto your computer so you can boot it up anytime anywhere. Still be able to mess around in the mech lab, but play a game mode with basic AI's. Gaining C-bills and such wound not happen. but just something to kill time.

I have no idea how hard it would be to do something like this or if its even possible just seemed like a cool idea to me.

thoughts inputs?

#2 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:22 PM

Offline Mode Here

Posted Image

Edited by cdlord, 29 February 2016 - 12:23 PM.

#3 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:27 PM

my suggestion would be find a game that isn't an online multiplayer PvP game?

#4 Dashia

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:31 PM

I understand the game is online based just seems like a major downfall of the game. That you can do literally nothing with this game while offline. But then again may be a dumb idea. A man can dream tho cant he?

#5 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,274 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:41 PM

View PostDashia, on 29 February 2016 - 12:21 PM, said:

Hey mech bros. I was thinking, i love this game but sometimes the net is down or im around where net is not an option. I remember MW4 and how cool it was plus it was a cd game you could play it anytime.
SO......my thought was would an offline mode for this game be a option? like a version where you dont have to sign into the server or be online. Like download your profile info onto your computer so you can boot it up anytime anywhere. Still be able to mess around in the mech lab, but play a game mode with basic AI's. Gaining C-bills and such wound not happen. but just something to kill time.

I have no idea how hard it would be to do something like this or if its even possible just seemed like a cool idea to me.

thoughts inputs?

If I remember correctly, PGI is working on a single-player campaign - just very slowly.

#6 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:49 PM

View Postmartian, on 29 February 2016 - 12:41 PM, said:

If I remember correctly, PGI is working on a single-player campaign - just very slowly.

I doubt that'll be offline though.

#7 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:52 PM

How could PGI monetize a single-player campaign?

#8 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:55 PM

I suppose they could make it so that the game will launch the Academy without a connection to the server *shrug*.

Although I'm guessing achievements, XP, and C-Bill earnings would have to be disabled to help combat cheating. Basically a free play of the Academy with no progress saved. If that seems fun...ehhh.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 29 February 2016 - 12:57 PM.

#9 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:00 PM

View PostDashia, on 29 February 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

I understand the game is online based just seems like a major downfall of the game. That you can do literally nothing with this game while offline. But then again may be a dumb idea. A man can dream tho cant he?

I don't think anyone thinks it's a "dumb" idea, it's just a very hot point of contention around here because PGI has clearly demonstrated they haven't been able to handle more than one major issue at a time (spending months if not years on it before making any significant change to it), and SP or offline mode would be fun sure, but most of us want our online game finished before they even consider putting resources into this because PGI has a VERY bad habit of getting sidetracked and chasing the latest "shiny"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users