Heat Scale / Ghost Heat Replacment

1 reply to this topic

#1 Xephan

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:31 AM

Accuracy reduction at set intervals, reduced max speed at set intervals, automatic shutdowns at intervals.

Much like tabletop this is a easy system to set up many features are already in the game in a different form, Accuracy reduction would be expressed by progressively worsening cursor jump like when jump jetting but starting at a minor degree, this would reduce accuracy to desired locations on a laser burn time or throw pinpoint shots off slights as you get hotter and hotter.

The speed reduction is particularly easy to do, slowing you down as you heat up.

Automatic shutdowns requiring a button prompt override, this would require a change to the always on override system already in place. Higher heat scale amounts have a shorter timer or perhaps require you to press more than one button at a time to override.

This system is not perfect as it would still have little impact on pinpoint alpha strikes but it would however make heat management more than simply not going above 100.

#2 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:55 AM

They use to have it where you had to hit the button every time and within a short time frame and while in the heat of battle unless the can manage to keep their finger ready to slap the over ride at all times they tend to go to sleep for a moment or two.

I will admit I turn the override on only when I know I am going to die and I know I will cause damage before I go.
This I feel goes with this, if you go boom due to override then the last player who hit the mech before it goes boom should be counted as a kill.

but on a side note their horn wouldn't trigger as they wasn't the one who scored the actual killing blow.

I bring up the war horn because I have talked to other players who chose to blow themselves up before the player with the war horn kills them because they hate the sound.

I for one frown on that because that isn't a good reason to use the override button, going out in a blaze of glory doing as much damage as you can sure as you see that in lore as well.

Edited by VinJade, 05 March 2016 - 02:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users