I Would Give Real Money For New Weapons

12 replies to this topic

Poll: New weapons (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you spend real money on new weapons?

1. Yes (Shut Up and Take My Money!) (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

2. No (11 votes [73.33%])

Percentage of vote: 73.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:09 PM

I want new weapons. its been talked to death. the list of weapons we could have now is fairly large, and additional weapons would come as the time line continues. i want them and i would pay for them. initially i would make them either cost mc or come as part of a mech pack or a stand alone weapons pack, or as part of a gift store varient. after a time i would make them available for cbills to everyone. releases might be one or two weapons a month with a fair mix of clan and is weapons.

we get new and exciting armaments and on top of that pgi gets a wad of cash to keep the doors open and doesn't have to hawk their servers for beer money.

so what do you think?

#2 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:57 PM

The cries of pay to win would echo in eternity.

#3 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:05 PM

its not pay to win any more than new mechs are. and they would rotate into cbill items after a couple months. if the weapon is initially well balanced then it would be pay to play differently, which is totally acceptable.

#4 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 29 February 2016 - 03:05 PM, said:

its not pay to win any more than new mechs are. and they would rotate into cbill items after a couple months. if the weapon is initially well balanced then it would be pay to play differently, which is totally acceptable.

Too hard to balance the weapons we have. Now you are promising new weapons being released that are balanced right away... How much would you really pay for inner sphere streak SRM 4/6?

Whatever, I will be for it for the sake of increasing variety of builds.

#5 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:16 PM

i dont think its hard to balance weapons. they know what the offenders are, they know how to fix them. they just got to tweak some numbers in the xml files before the patch rolls out. a monkey can do it. they just dont for whatever reason.

new weapons would be much like new mechs, some might be op initially and get nerfed others would be doa and would need a buff, some might be dead center and perfect (and inexplicably get buffed or nerfed for no reason at all). its not like every weapon digs the hole deeper. instead think of it as a gradient where weapons fall somewhere between up and op. the only weapons you really want to deal with are the outliers. you do that until everything is grouped up tightly. i dont think it takes more than 5 minutes of testing to see where it lands.

#6 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:12 PM

If for plasma cannon, inferno/heavy rocket launchers, and inferno AGL, I would pay mc for them granted it was a reasonable amount(no more than 500 mc).

#7 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:57 PM

at the current mc->cbill echange rate (based on the 2.4m cbill package in the store), 1 mc is worth 1500 cbills. at that rate something like a medium laser is only worth about 54 mc. an is gauss rifle only costs about 400 mc. a high end clan weapon like a uac20 is going to cost a good 800mc. there could be some fudging, perhaps a lower cap of 100mc/weapon and an upper cap at about 600/weapon, or map the prices based on a curve to fit the desired range. if you are collecting mc from events or cw you can easily get a taste of new weapons as they come out, and they might be prizes in events as well. of course boaters are going to need to drop some cash for some mc packages.

im also thinking something like a gift story "armory" package would give you a little bit more value and other goodies (like modules) thrown in to sweeten the deal, but that would require releasing a large weapons package to be viable. creeping them in is one or two at a time is also going to be better for balance. why do mechs have to be their only source of income?

Edited by LordNothing, 03 March 2016 - 03:59 PM.

#8 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:58 PM

Nope. This game is already way behind in development of promised features to suffer more weapons to further disbalance things. More weapons are unnecessary and do not sufficiently flesh out this bare bones product. I'd rather they focus on more maps, more diverse game play and progress in CW.

#9 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:03 PM

View Postrolly, on 03 March 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

Nope. This game is already way behind in development of promised features to suffer more weapons to further disbalance things. More weapons are unnecessary and do not sufficiently flesh out this bare bones product. I'd rather they focus on more maps, more diverse game play and progress in CW.

I am pretty sure we are not behind?

#10 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:30 PM

Yes, we need new weapons.

No, they shouldn't be behind a pay wall.

MASC has little impact on the match outcomes, but even MASC was under fire for being "P2W" when it was announced as only on the Gladiator.

Hell, I remember some people making posts about how the Gladiator is going to be OP because of MASC.

#11 dr watson

• Pip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIn orbit

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:08 AM

Look I don't care if we have to pay or not for weapons if MWO wants to charge me for new weapons let them I'll buy it just like everything else I'm devoted to this game I just wish they would hurry up and bring new weapons to the table we have plenty of maps plenty of mechs were lacking on what counts what brings creativity to this game what makes my mech diffrent from your mech

Edited by dr watson, 04 March 2016 - 06:09 AM.

#12 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:23 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 03 March 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

Yes, we need new weapons.

No, they shouldn't be behind a pay wall.

MASC has little impact on the match outcomes, but even MASC was under fire for being "P2W" when it was announced as only on the Gladiator.

Hell, I remember some people making posts about how the Gladiator is going to be OP because of MASC.

the paywall thing is just to give pgi a reason to get their butts into gear and get cracking. they dont seem to hold onto deadlines unless there is a paycheck in it for them. mech packs come out like clockwork while balance changes, game modes, mechanics, and maps always get the back burner and come out whenever there is time. its just the way things work in an f2p game. be realistic.

like the other paywalls in the game it would be temporary. if the weapons are for mc, you have plenty of opportunities to get free early access to weapons because mc is often given away as part of events or are ranking rewards for cw. cw3 will supposedly have fairly regular mc pay for units. you get a taste and if you want more, give up your daily bag of cheetos and get an autocannon for a change. or you can wait a couple months till they come out for cbills.

Edited by LordNothing, 04 March 2016 - 02:24 PM.

#13 Fart Huffer

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 04:38 AM

View Postrolly, on 03 March 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

I see people talking like this all the time. Stating their own personal opinion as if it were an actually well thought out fact, but its not. People tend to just vomit their emotions on to this game as if their butt hurt were some how authoritative, well, its not.

The game needs more weps, its that simple. And no, they shouldnt require MC. But its so desperately needed that I sympathize with the op saying he would pay for them at this point.

Edited by Fart Huffer, 05 March 2016 - 04:39 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users