10 replies to this topic

#1 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:09 PM

I'm sorry for ranting, but I gotta get this off my chest.

Why can't I read a fistful of threads without seeing the same few people bawling their eyes out about how bad their preferred faction is? Seems like every thread that you can shoehorn some complaining about balance into must have it shoehorned in! From both sides, to boot, from both IS and Clans. And I just can't wrap my head around it!

Why can't I wrap my head around it? Well, take a look at the current Tier Lists on MetaMechs that rate both IS and Clan 'Mechs, the Meta Tier List and the Competitive Tier List. See that? Mixed. IS and Clans 'Mechs all over the place, not even much of a discernible pattern there. IS has its Black Knights but it also has its Vindicators and Clans have their Timberwolves but they also have their Mist Lynx. Oh, and I know there's going to be a bunch of people looking down on me for putting that much stake into one individual's impression of 'Mech balance, but I've got far more faith in that than the "arguments" brought forth by the few individual QQing fanboys.

I realize the majority of people who frequent these boards aren't acting like that. But FFS, couldn't we just start to discuss, start to work on individual 'Mech balance because, as it stands, it absolutely does not seem like either faction has the clear upper hand across the board.

Phew. Got some drama in here, didn't I? Posted Image Not the least bit of importance to any of what I wrote, in the grand scheme of things, but whatever. I feel better now Posted Image

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:11 PM

It's about more than just balance between the factions...balance WITHIN each faction is in a much worse state.

For example, how about them LB-X cannons?

#3 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:09 PM

View PostFupDup, on 29 February 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

It's about more than just balance between the factions...balance WITHIN each faction is in a much worse state.

LB-X cannon buff next patch. PPCs too.

#4 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:28 PM

Just wait until after the rescale is complete. The tears will be flowing in volumes large enough to end the drought in California. Then the QQing will be about the balance between humanoid and non-humanoid mechs.

#5 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:36 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 29 February 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

Just wait until after the rescale is complete. The tears will be flowing in volumes large enough to end the drought in California. Then the QQing will be about the balance between humanoid and non-humanoid mechs.

Then PGI will need to reduce the volume of tears by about 18% in the next rescale. Posted Image

#6 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:44 PM

View Postcazidin, on 29 February 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

Then PGI will need to reduce the volume of tears by about 18% in the next rescale. Posted Image

1-18%, yes. Initially they will not understand the problem, then after about a year they will start to investigate. After 3 months they will realize why everything is so salty. 6 months later they will announce a solution is in the works. Another 3 months and they'll hope you forgot they announced they were working on a fix 3 months earlier, and will finally start working on it. 3 months after that they will release the new adjusted tear volumes proclaiming it the perfect fix. 1 month later, they will remove half of that fix as a total failure, and merely introduce tear-based quirks to make them slightly less salty for some players.

aaaaaaaaand repeat.

#7 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:42 PM

View Postcazidin, on 29 February 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

LB-X cannon buff next patch. PPCs too.

Did they actually say anything about LBX's? I remember from the previous Townhall Russ said he would nudge down heat for PPCs, but I don't remember LBX being mentioned.

#8 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:27 PM

View PostFupDup, on 29 February 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

Did they actually say anything about LBX's? I remember from the previous Townhall Russ said he would nudge down heat for PPCs, but I don't remember LBX being mentioned.

I believe it was spread reduction.

It doesn't change the fact that crits by LBX is still the running joke.

/insert meme for "LBX does extra crit damage"

#9 Luminis

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:38 PM

View PostFupDup, on 29 February 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

That's not quite what I was on about, but yeah, reworking some of the worse weapon systems should be a priority.

However, I still think that that's fairly different than the whole bickering about "Clans OP" "No, IS OP" some folks get into so much.

#10 Ex Atlas Overlord

• Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:43 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 29 February 2016 - 04:44 PM, said:

1-18%, yes. Initially they will not understand the problem, then after about a year they will start to investigate. After 3 months they will realize why everything is so salty. 6 months later they will announce a solution is in the works. Another 3 months and they'll hope you forgot they announced they were working on a fix 3 months earlier, and will finally start working on it. 3 months after that they will release the new adjusted tear volumes proclaiming it the perfect fix. 1 month later, they will remove half of that fix as a total failure because of the massive amount of new vocal minority tears it causes , and merely introduce tear-based quirks to make them slightly less salty for some of the vocal minority players.

aaaaaaaaand repeat.

Fixed that for you Posted Image

#11 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:30 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 29 February 2016 - 04:44 PM, said:

1-18%, yes. Initially they will not understand the problem, then after about a year they will start to investigate. After 3 months they will realize why everything is so salty. 6 months later they will announce a solution is in the works. Another 3 months and they'll hope you forgot they announced they were working on a fix 3 months earlier, and will finally start working on it. 3 months after that they will release the new adjusted tear volumes proclaiming it the perfect fix. 1 month later, they will remove half of that fix as a total failure, and merely introduce tear-based quirks to make them slightly less salty for some players.

aaaaaaaaand repeat.

lol by the time this story ends 60% of the remaining player base will be gone....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users