Gameplay

7 replies to this topic

#1 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:23 PM

My Fellow Mech-Warriors! I am pleased to announce that the Compete for the Cure Tournament Videos have been uploaded to YouTube. For those of you who weren't around or have forgotten the Compete for the Cure Tournament was a Fundraising Charity Event for the Children's Hospital of Michigan. The tournament took place on October 10, 2015 and was a 1.v.1 bracketed duel that lasted for 15 hours! After editing down 15 hours of video that content is finally available in HD!

Below is a full list of all of the individual matches in order that were dueled out that day between the competitors and a YouTube playlist hyperlink where you can watch all of them as a running video chain. Matches where participants were unable to make their drops were not uploaded and the tournaments pre-games was not as well. However if you do want to watch this content and the entire 15 hours of raw footage I really have no way to provide that to anyone at this time. If anyone has any ideas let me know.
Again,
  • Special thanks goes out to Ms. Tina Benoit and Catalina Steiner for helping promote this event through the MWO/PGI facebook timeline and twitter account on two occasions. Also for contributing a Resistance II Mauler Pack to the prize pool.
  • Special thanks goes out to Scout Derek for help promote this event on the forums and through the hosting of the "Revenge of the Originals" giveaway.
  • Special Thanks goes out to El Bandito for helping to promote this event through his “Public Challenge to those who deny my 1337 Skillz” giveaway challenge.
  • Special Thanks goes out to ArcLyght for helping Co-Host the morning session of the Tournament.
  • Special Thanks goes out to McGruberr for helping Co-Host the afternoon and evening sessions and for donating 30 days premium time to giveaway.
  • Special Thanks goes out to Ascaloth for creating our tournament's banners.
  • Special Thanks to TheSilken for keeping on me to make sure these were edited, uploaded, and published.
  • Special Thanks to all of our Donors! You are all the Greatest!
Copyright: These videos and all of their contents can be used for any and all non-profit purposes. These videos may not be used for for-profit purposes unless otherwise permission is granted.

Edited by Soulstrom, 29 February 2016 - 07:44 PM.

#2 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:30 PM

Oh and as always please help keep this thread alive for a little while. Posted Image

I would really like and appreciate any commentary and feedback.

Edited by Soulstrom, 29 February 2016 - 02:31 PM.

#3 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:34 PM

It's nice to see people taking the time to support a good cause. Posted Image

#4 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:49 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 29 February 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

It's nice to see people taking the time to support a good cause. Posted Image

I was a great tournament and quite a lot of fun. It was a massive undertaking and I was happy to see so many players participate. The videos took forever to edit. Windows Movie Maker only allows you to trim in seconds and well 15 hours worth of content converted into seconds is still a lot. I also found that I had to experiment a lot with the tools to get HD video settings. I am glad that I figured it out and it is nice to know that there are still some great free tools out there.

#5 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:48 PM

Does anyone know why the editor always messes with your original forum post?

#6 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:48 AM

Cool. Thanks for doing this and uploading it all. It was definitely fun to watch some of the forum warriors in action.

The only thing I would suggest is more commentary. I was watching at work in theater mode and I couldn't see the load-outs. Many of the matches you didn't talk at all about what weapons each guy had at all, others you just switched to first person view and said something like "and he has this load-out...", kinda frustrating.

For much of the match there isn't a lot going on. Fill up that time with the load outs of the 'mech and potential strengths and weaknesses of that chassis. Talk about where engagements typically take place on this map, what 'mech might have the advantage due to range, JJ, etc., Things you know about the pilots, ANYTHING to invest me and make the build up more interesting.

Again, great job and thank you. Just my two cents if you want to do this again and step it up in the 'professional production quality' department. Posted Image

#7 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:14 PM

View PostTyler Valentine, on 01 March 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

Cool. Thanks for doing this and uploading it all. It was definitely fun to watch some of the forum warriors in action.

The only thing I would suggest is more commentary. I was watching at work in theater mode and I couldn't see the load-outs. Many of the matches you didn't talk at all about what weapons each guy had at all, others you just switched to first person view and said something like "and he has this load-out...", kinda frustrating.

For much of the match there isn't a lot going on. Fill up that time with the load outs of the 'mech and potential strengths and weaknesses of that chassis. Talk about where engagements typically take place on this map, what 'mech might have the advantage due to range, JJ, etc., Things you know about the pilots, ANYTHING to invest me and make the build up more interesting.

Again, great job and thank you. Just my two cents if you want to do this again and step it up in the 'professional production quality' department. Posted Image

Thanks for the commentary. I will definitely put it to good use. Happy to get theses out there and I am glad you enjoyed.

The morning sessions were really hard to comentate on because it was so early in the morning and I was very tired. By the end of the day I was just burned out but still energized. But after 15 hours straights I was just at my limit. lol

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:16 PM

Thanks for the event Soulstrom, I had fun. Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 01 March 2016 - 10:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users