The Dragon- What To Do With It

31 replies to this topic

#21 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:09 AM

The only honorable tactic when piloting a Dragon... IS RAMMING SPEED!!!

#22 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:14 AM

Soooo... My build with the Flame that I am having fun with at the moment:

XL315
3 x MLaser
1 x PPC
1 X UAC5
1 x SRM6

I have had mixed results with the loadout. 4 or 5 matches ou t of 10 with 500+ damage. The rest sub 300. Not the greatest results but the build is a lot of fun for me to play. That's all I really care about.

As soon as I save my Cbills Im switching to a smaller engine and a AC10 instead of the UAC5.

#23 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:20 AM

View PostMister D, on 29 February 2016 - 08:56 PM, said:

Sell it.

I think I killed you last night in my FLAME. Caustic Valley... you were in a Timber Wolf....

#24 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:22 AM

View PostDjPush, on 01 March 2016 - 08:20 AM, said:

I think I killed you last night in my FLAME. Caustic Valley... you were in a Timber Wolf....

Almost sounds like a Craig's list missed connections add....

#25 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:21 AM

I turned Flame into a sort of quasi-Grand Dragon. ER PPC, uAC5, couple MLs. Fun build.

#26 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:24 AM

Equip dustpan and handbrush as well as a vacuum cleaner. Then drop it on Hangar dustbay wars.

#27 Rustycan

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOn a lake in New Brunswick

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:56 PM

View Postcazidin, on 01 March 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

The only honorable tactic when piloting a Dragon... IS RAMMING SPEED!!!

I miss dragon bowling in closed beta...

The rescaling will be in the march patch. It will be getting about a 12-15% reduction in volume. Then with its small side torsos it will do well with all the previously mentioned XL builds.

I like my Flame, and the Dragon was one of the first chassis I rebought after the first reset.

Edited by Rustycan, 01 March 2016 - 12:57 PM.

#28 Sir Roland MXIII

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:42 PM

View PostRustycan, on 01 March 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

I miss dragon bowling in closed beta...

The rescaling will be in the march patch. It will be getting about a 12-15% reduction in volume. Then with its small side torsos it will do well with all the previously mentioned XL builds.

I like my Flame, and the Dragon was one of the first chassis I rebought after the first reset.

Oh God! Dragon bowling! Those were the days, indeed. I've always said they needed to bring back knockdown, and in doing so give the Dragons a quirk for added knockdown potential.

And rebought? Shame on you, I never sold either of my favorite Dragons in the first place. <grin>

#29 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:00 PM

If you stop moving as a Dragon you're dead.

It's a ranged skirmisher and harasser. Don't brawl or face tank with it. Don't run solo with it.

It's a great mech that'll teach you to maintain situational awareness. Cos you need that in a Dragon... or you die. Quickly.

#30 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:10 PM

The Flame is the best of the bunch. But, if you're feeling squirrely, the 1C with either 2 PPCs (my old build back in the day) or 2 Large Pulse Lasers, 2 Medium Lasers, an SRM6 rack is pretty nice. Carries 15 double heat sinks and a speed of 94kph. That isn't bad for a heavy and it has a decent punch. The thing with the Dragon is that people keep trying to turn it into a dakka carrier and that isn't its strong suit due to the ACs/Gauss being so freaking heavy. Though, you can do a Gauss Rifle, with the same engine, 3.5 tons of ammo, and 4 Medium Lasers. I just never have been a big fan of the GR. You can toss the GR and replace it with an AC/10, up the engine to a 350XL for a top speed of 102kph, and keep the 4 Medium Lasers w/ 14 doubles. But, then you're a 10 ton heavier Enforcer without the jump jets so what is the point? Personally, I like the energy build w/ SRMs - tried and true from the earliest days of Beta.

#31 Rustycan

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOn a lake in New Brunswick

Posted 02 March 2016 - 02:38 PM

View PostSir Roland MXIII, on 01 March 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

Oh God! Dragon bowling! Those were the days, indeed. I've always said they needed to bring back knockdown, and in doing so give the Dragons a quirk for added knockdown potential.

And rebought? Shame on you, I never sold either of my favorite Dragons in the first place. <grin>

I meant rebought when they did the reset that gave us our Cbills back and Mc. Never would I sell my precious........Dragons!

Edited by Rustycan, 02 March 2016 - 02:46 PM.

#32 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 02 March 2016 - 03:09 PM

At the least, Dragons should have been given better terrain-handling capacity once they lost their ram-plate capability from beta.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users