• Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:21 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 01 March 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

The advice that's been given is solid.

The only thing I'd add is faster assaults are easier to get into. Banshee 3M, Battlemasters, etc are nicer than slow gunboat assaults, like the Mauler & Dwolf.

^^
The only other mech I'd suggest as being "friendly" to players trying out assaults would be the Stalker.

It's been just about "meta" proof from the day it was implemented, has been used widely ever since, has a VERY forgiving profile to help avoid and spread damage that most assaults don't have, and it's capable of filling just about any role you want.

I'd suggest staying away from Atlases, Dires, and King Crabs until you've gotten the hang of assaults. Those 3 mechs are big, broad, and slow. They're always going to be the target of focus fire any chance given. The lifespan of a pilot in one of those 3 that doesn't have the hang of them yet will be fairly short.

It's why you see, at leat in my opinion, mechs like that do under 100 damage in games sometimes. It's not because the player was "bad" so much as it got focused by 11 enemy mechs and was in a bad position because players underestimate how vulnerable they are and how slow they move sometimes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users