#21 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:56 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 01 March 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

Tarogato, how was the content in 2013 better than in 2015? Graphics was a no brainer of course, but I bet you can't say you didn't want the clans, the black knight, the zeus, the warhammer, the marauder, or ANY of the new mechs, maps, content that's been added since 2013.

And playing Tier 1 outside of peak hours? I don't know when peak hours are, I always get a match within 20 seconds, even when I was at the tip of tier 3 and before.

Well, I did say "looked" and specified the graphics fidelity, didn't I? Posted Image

By peek hours, I mean between 6pm and 10pm EST, during which I typically amn't playing.

Edited by Tarogato, 01 March 2016 - 02:59 PM.

#22 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:32 PM

View Postthehiddenedge, on 01 March 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

I think he's referring to the collisions here. That's actually quite a valid point. Getting magically teleported in the middle of a fight is BS.

True, but he should specify, otherwise this post is not a very good candidate for complaining.

View PostTarogato, on 01 March 2016 - 02:56 PM, said:

Well, I did say "looked" and specified the graphics fidelity, didn't I? Posted Image

By peek hours, I mean between 6pm and 10pm EST, during which I typically amn't playing.

Yes, yes you did :)

Well, that sucks, but, to be honest, I'm in the Pacific Time, in which when I play on weekends If I can and weekdays as well. Oddly enough, the peak hours are nonstop for me, but, I guess that's because I'm a lowly tier two scrub huh? :D

#23 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:47 PM

Rebuttals:

View PostDiamondDwarf, on 01 March 2016 - 01:46 PM, said:

Fix Matchmaking PGI. Game is unplayable.

1) Please name a combat game that has perfect matchmaking. 2) The previous title in the Mechwarrior franchise (MW4) had zero multiplayer matchmaking. 3) You showed a sample size of a whopping...1.

Also you can fix mech glitching and your absurd bad graphic engine.
Yeah and the bad textur hitboxes too.

Not PGI's engine, it's Crytek.

I cant see any big enhancements over the time in this game.

The debate would be over your definition of enhancements. I consider the following enhancements:

*Voting for the map.
*Steam launch
*Some of the Unseens are now in the game.
*Some IIC mechs now in the game.
*Brand new map, and 3 of the old maps have been redone to larger size, some destructible environments like trees, and simulated real-time Time of Day progression.
*New Spectator tools for Private Matches.
*New test maps only available in Private Matches.
*You can change your name once for free via the website.
*Brand new semi-single player Academy (under Tutorials) that includes some A.I.
*New smurfy-like Mechlab.
*New CBill & XP award system.
*New Cockpit and Camo selection screens (including previewing Warhorns in the Mechlab).
*In-game VOIP.
*Ability to report players in-game.
*Group tonnage limits.
*MASC.
*Pilot Skill Ratings.
*All mechs now have a weapon visualization pass.
*Mech portraits showing in Mechlab.
*Regional Servers.
*Crash reporting tool.
*Several new CW maps.
*New Invasion Game Mode for CW.
*Looking For Group button.
*In-game Titles and Badges.

I think I only went back 8 months or so. So, in less than a year....

What are you doing with the money from your lol mech sales ?

Can safely say feeding their families, putting a roof over their heads, and at the very minimum allowing us to play what many of us consider a very fun game. At the most, continued development for many years.

To find a quickplay match these days takes longer and longer.

1) Highly objective statement with zero facts to back it up. 2) That is not my experience. 3) The previous title MW4:Mercs had automated servers that forced you to wait 2 minutes between matches. If it was a player-hosted server and the host stepped away, the map would not launch at all until the player launched it leaving those players hanging. That could be considerably longer than any wait you have experienced in MWO.

I know why.

Your sample size. Easy to make a point when the ratio is 1/1.

Edited by Coolant, 01 March 2016 - 04:54 PM.

#24 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:53 PM

+1 for putting the warrior in MechWarrior. :)

#25 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:38 PM

View PostCoolant, on 01 March 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

Rebuttals:

The debate would be over your definition of enhancements. I consider the following enhancements:

LOL enhancements? Hardly. I know we have done this before but aside from maybe new maps and slightly better new player experience your list is extremely far fetched. Who are you trying to convince those things are enhancements other than yourself? Anybody that has been a gamer and played decent games wouldn't consider most of that list enhancements.

#26 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:00 AM

Meh.

This is the only game I play, so I likely "don't know what I am missing" or what the missed potential of the game is. I am certainly aware of the other super duper, most amazing-est, games evah, that come out on a fairly regular basis. I just don't care. I like this game and it plays just fine to me. Now, are there flaws that even an ignorant like me can recognize? Sure. I totally agree that collisions and hit detection needs serious work, for example. But given the progress the game has made of late and the apparent progress it appears to be making (upcoming CW phase 3) and given the tiny size of PGI relative to the shops putting out the aforementioned latest and greatest super duper games that critics illogically compare MWO to; it is frankly just fine, and so far from "unplayable" that the accusation of such is meaningless.

#27 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• 5,339 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:37 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 01 March 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

Tarogato, how was the content in 2013 better than in 2015? Graphics was a no brainer of course, but I bet you can't say you didn't want the clans, the black knight, the zeus, the warhammer, the marauder, or ANY of the new mechs, maps, content that's been added since 2013.

And playing Tier 1 outside of peak hours? I don't know when peak hours are, I always get a match within 20 seconds, even when I was at the tip of tier 3 and before.

I use clan mechs, and I can happily say, I didn't want clans.

#28 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:39 AM

unfortunaly, things can snowball in a bad way real fast in MWO. A lance that spawns away from the main group runs into 8 or 12 of the enemy and gets wiped out. Then up four mechs the winning side wanders around running into 2 or 3 enemy and befor eyou know it 12 to 0 wipe out.

#29 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:12 AM

I played four games last night. Three of those four games were 12-1, 12-1+ (one was a disconnect on our team) and 12-3.

What was consistent? The sub-150 players. The losing team consistently had excessive sub-150 damage players on it and in some of those drops, the sub-150s were in exceptional top-tier 'mechs like timberwolves and direwhales.

I quit after that--not because I was losing, no, I won all the drops. The fourth drop was phenomenal--that one was 12-11 and a nail biter to the end. But 75% of them being rolls?

That's no fun.

I went to bed because I didn't want to press my luck. I knew if I kept playing I'd end up on one of those teams getting rolled and as the matchmaker goes, several times in a row.

Rolls aren't fun. The matchmaker sets up bad games far too often--even in Tier 1. The bads should be sequestered to PUGisland™ so everyone has fun--them and the regular folks who are competent at the game.

#30 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:26 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 02 March 2016 - 05:00 AM, said:

Meh.

This is the only game I play, so I likely "don't know what I am missing" or what the missed potential of the game is. I am certainly aware of the other super duper, most amazing-est, games evah, that come out on a fairly regular basis. I just don't care. I like this game and it plays just fine to me. Now, are there flaws that even an ignorant like me can recognize? Sure. I totally agree that collisions and hit detection needs serious work, for example. But given the progress the game has made of late and the apparent progress it appears to be making (upcoming CW phase 3) and given the tiny size of PGI relative to the shops putting out the aforementioned latest and greatest super duper games that critics illogically compare MWO to; it is frankly just fine, and so far from "unplayable" that the accusation of such is meaningless.

By your own admission you have nothing to compare but most people do, which is why comparisons can be made. I wouldn't compare to the big named developers either but plenty of small developers deliver full featured robust immersive gameplay experiences. It isn't unheard of and it makes sense why your standards for MWO are much lower. The issue for me is that they sell the game with presentations showing features they can't flesh out. The length of time it takes said features to end up in game is ridiculous and when they do they are mediocre to be generous about it but most times pointless. Everything PGI was saying would be in the game had been done in other games prior in one way or another so they were not re-inventing anything. All they needed to do was add those things to the Battletech setting.

This shallow game of collect mechs and shoot mechs is sad because of the potential alone. It is probably to late for them to save he game with depth because the community just wants more mechs since they are fooled to think that is content. Or most people may just have a low standard like you.

#31 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:57 AM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 02 March 2016 - 08:26 AM, said:

All they needed to do was add those things to the Battletech setting.

This shallow game of collect mechs and shoot mechs is sad because of the potential alone. It is probably to late for them to save he game with depth because the community just wants more mechs since they are fooled to think that is content. Or most people may just have a low standard like you.

Yeah, pretty much. If there were other games with a battletech setting I would give them a go. There aren't. So there we are. Like I said, would I like more and better? Sure. If that comes, great. If not, c'est la vie.

I see no point in fretting over the failures you and some others perceive as being some epic violation of trust and potential any more than I see a point of being upset that my economy car is not a Ferrari. By your own statement, there are better games and you are aware of them, so...

Or you could just enjoy this game for what it is, like us "low standards" folks.

#32 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:02 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 01 March 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

What as Call of Duty? Is that a brand of toilet paper or something?

Rolls are exceptionally common in higher tiers. They are not fun games.

well if tiers would reflect skills stuff would be more equal, but when T1 houses medicore gamers and good ones and top ones, its purely the rendom generaor that cna naturally already cause imbalanced matches. because one side could have a overhang of 4 medicore t1's while the other doesn't. PGI needs to be PSR mroe harsh and downrate people not performing well.

#33 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:06 AM

mehhh , click , report.

#34 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:33 AM

OP

all I can say?

you really need to learn how to give feedback. There's not much in the way of actual information.

As far as MM? I rarely wait over about 30 seconds or so whether it be group or solo queue. You might try things like opening server options

#35 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:57 AM

Yeah this happens but not enough to whine about it.. especially creating threads over it.
Typically 3 out of 4 are relatively even with 1 stomp for one side.

MM works well enough if you ask me.

#36 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:39 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 01 March 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

The net result is everyone is pissed off.

Enough said...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users