• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:28 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

We will be discontinuing support for Karma Koin as a payment method for MechWarrior Online on March 30th, 2016. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to those players who use Karma Koin for their purchases.
Karma Koin will still be available as an option up until the end of March, but as of March 30th at 12:00 PM PST Karma Koin will no longer be offered as a payment method for MechWarrior Online.

In the meantime, if you would like to merge separate Karma Koin cards or balances together into a single balance, you can do so here: http://karmakoin.com...s/combine_cards
You can check the current balance for your Karma Koin card(s) here: http://karmakoin.com...s/check_balance

We do support a wide assortment of region-specific Global Payment methods as alternatives to Karma Koin, such as a paysafecard or Pay Near Me.
A complete list of supported payment options for your region can be found by selecting the 'Pay with Global Payments' option at the checkout screen and selecting 'Show More Methods' underneath the 'Popular Payment Methods' section.

http://mwomercs.com/...-for-karma-koin

This sucks :/

#2 Nauht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:00 PM

I'm sure you and the other two people will get over it with a group hug.

#3 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:19 PM

The technical issue is that there are sites that do legit discounts on Karma Koin (even $5 off a $50 card goes a long way) and that in itself eats into whatever PGI is paying them for redeeming those cards.

#4 Onimusha shin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:24 PM

Derek, I hope you're aware that some of the 2nd place prize winners in your last challenge giveaway (Revenge of the Originals) have yet to receive their Karma Koin prize codes.

Do hope you get back to all the winners asap, especially the Karma Koin winners. An explanation would be fine if you're financially tied up. We're not inconsiderate people. :)

#5 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:27 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 01 March 2016 - 05:19 PM, said:

The technical issue is that there are sites that do legit discounts on Karma Koin (even $5 off a $50 card goes a long way) and that in itself eats into whatever PGI is paying them for redeeming those cards.

I used Ultimate Game Time cards to purchase everything I bought in MWO. I would get the cards for 20% off and buy MC for 20% off. I saved a lot of money compared to the retail price my account is worth. Once Ultimate Game Time cards ceased operation MWO went to Karm Koin. I stopped supporting MWO due to CW debacle that it is but the game time cards were the best way to save money on in-game things you just had to wait for sales on cards and couple them up with MWO sales.

Edited by GRiPSViGiL, 01 March 2016 - 05:28 PM.

#6 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:32 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 01 March 2016 - 05:19 PM, said:

DeathLike... it was always a Scam... you remember from October 2014 when this was released?

Last Year(2014s) for Black Friday they had a 20 percent of MC Sale that you could just buy online.. (Year before that was 50 percent I believe)

I checked out Karma Koin website and you have to have a physical Card.... you cannot buy it online...[/color]
This is what I found on their HOME PAGE..

Posted Image

you could only buy in certain increments which left you with .05 cents left on cards.. .

True.. you could combine cards to get those monies back but in the end PGI's scam backfired and they themselves were scammed... read the old thread about it...

Edited by LORD TSARKON, 01 March 2016 - 05:35 PM.

#7 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:40 PM

View PostLORD TSARKON, on 01 March 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

DeathLike... it was always a Scam... you remember from October 2014 when this was released?

Last Year(2014s) for Black Friday they had a 20 percent of MC Sale that you could just buy online.. (Year before that was 50 percent I believe)

I checked out Karma Koin website and you have to have a physical Card.... you cannot buy it online...[/color]
This is what I found on their HOME PAGE..

Posted Image

you could only buy in certain increments which left you with .05 cents left on cards.. .

True.. you could combine cards to get those monies back but in the end PGI's scam backfired and they themselves were scammed... read the old thread about it...

I bought from online retailers (they simply e-mail you the code). It was never an issue for me (I'm sure it may have been an issue for others though).

#8 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

More Proof how crappy Karma Koin really is...

Overall just bad business (screwing over the consumer).... plus PGI was getting screwed over... and that was the last straw

#9 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:36 AM

View PostOnimusha shin, on 01 March 2016 - 05:24 PM, said:

Derek, I hope you're aware that some of the 2nd place prize winners in your last challenge giveaway (Revenge of the Originals) have yet to receive their Karma Koin prize codes.

Do hope you get back to all the winners asap, especially the Karma Koin winners. An explanation would be fine if you're financially tied up. We're not inconsiderate people. Posted Image

Have messaged Derek as was 2nd in Jenner for Revenge of the Originals and didnt receive the $25 Karma Koin reward.

Perhaps https://www.paysafecard.com/en-au/

Yep as Shin has posted just curious what happened with the event, am cool with whatever answer..

Edited by Ace Selin, 02 March 2016 - 04:50 AM.

#10 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:50 AM

View PostNauht, on 01 March 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

Nicely said :-D

Have a cookie!
Posted Image

#11 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:54 AM

So uhh... Yeah.
That's a bummer.

Was still waiting for that thing, but, eh, i guess i can let it go.
Let it goooo.
God damn it, that song is stuck in my head again.
Someone help. Please

#12 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:07 AM

Karma Coin is just like a Chameleon I suppose. It comes and goes...comes and goes.

#13 TamCoan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:43 AM

I use karma coins as my main purchase method. Go in to the Speedway with an extra 20, drop it on a mech pack and don't have to think about it. Kinda sucks that I can't do that anymore. Ah well, first world problems.

#14 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:30 AM

View PostOnimusha shin, on 01 March 2016 - 05:24 PM, said:

Do hope you get back to all the winners asap, especially the Karma Koin winners. An explanation would be fine if you're financially tied up. We're not inconsiderate people. Posted Image

Yeah, I'm a bit embarassed to say that that is the problem....

I kinda, well, bounced checks on a purchase awhile ago on some Front end alignments for one of my cars.... and that's been hell trying to fix it because the bounce was so bad.

View PostNauht, on 01 March 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

Is one of the people you by any chance?

#15 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:34 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 02 March 2016 - 04:54 AM, said:

So uhh... Yeah.
That's a bummer.

Let it goooo.
Someone help. Please

Nope your children, nieces, nephews and other young relations will keep dragging you back in. Simply put, there is no escape.

#16 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:37 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 02 March 2016 - 07:34 AM, said:

Nope your children, nieces, nephews and other young relations will keep dragging you back in. Simply put, there is no escape.

Posted Image

#17 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:39 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 02 March 2016 - 04:54 AM, said:

So uhh... Yeah.
That's a bummer.

Let it goooo.
Someone help. Please

#18 Onimusha shin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:05 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 02 March 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

*stuff*

Sorry to confront you like this. If you wanna talk about this privately, I've been in touch with the other 1st place winners (Endimra, Myyrath formerly Lunatech, Seal Farmer. Nightingale27 seems to be on an MWO break). You will want to reach out to the other runner ups too to see if any of them wanna give up their prizes. For your reputation and all. :) If you'd like, I'll update the giveaway thread with your finicially tight situation so the other winners can come back to you if they still wanna claim prizes or not. Just give me a whistle when you can.

#19 reign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:57 AM

I am in the boat of "This Sucks".

My debit card hates it when I make 2+ purchases in a row going to Canada. They even shut my card off once when I did one of the packages. (think it was the Marauder).

easier to swing by gamestop pick up a 2-100 (variable card) and buy the packages that way. Was 3 purchases on the Kodiak. :)

#20 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:18 AM

I'm so old I use this thing called PayPal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users