#22 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:23 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 01 March 2016 - 09:51 PM, said:

Well you'd be wrong... As a PGI staffer admitted to bots getting lose into live once, I remember that.

Me too, but I could never find the thread when I went looking for it. Possibly deleted

#23 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:28 AM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 01 March 2016 - 11:10 PM, said:

This, omg, this is me at times Wintersdark. I have 7 kiddos, so i know how this goes lol

O.o

2 are pushing me to my limit (3y, 7months respectively), how in the 9 hells do you manage 7?!?

#24 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:34 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 02 March 2016 - 05:28 AM, said:

O.o

2 are pushing me to my limit (3y, 7months respectively), how in the 9 hells do you manage 7?!?

He doesn't. Hence the 'kiddo emergency'. I imagine he's on less than 4-6 hours sleep a night too. :P

#25 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:37 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 02 March 2016 - 05:28 AM, said:

O.o

It was hard at first when they were all young, but the older ones are happy to help now, my youngest is 5, my oldest just hit 18(3 girls, 4 boys, the two oldest are girls, followed by my oldest boy). They are all still with us, they can be a pain in the butt, I had to stop raiding in wow after our 5th, but I adjusted my fun moments. The cool thing is now my two oldest boys play MWO with me and my two brothers at times, so at least I know what they are doing while I play. I also have a wonderful wife who will play some games with me, but will give me an hour or two on my days off without having to worry about the kiddos, granted, Lush gets a lot of money in repayment lmfao. Other than that though, we do things together so it is not that hard to get a few hours of play time a week. My two youngest (both boys) love sitting with me when they have school projects, I let them design things in 123d to print on the 3d printer. I just got done with a diorama of I think they are called Apache Hoags, or huts to me lol

#26 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:42 AM

View PostLugh, on 02 March 2016 - 05:34 AM, said:

He doesn't. Hence the 'kiddo emergency'. I imagine he's on less than 4-6 hours sleep a night too. Posted Image

lol, sometimes it is needing to run and grab something from my furry babies(dogs) that allows my humanoid spawns to take over my system. My youngest is pretty good though, sometimes I think I should let him play more often lmfao.

#27 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:52 AM

View PostSorbic, on 01 March 2016 - 10:07 PM, said:

Can you link to this comment/conversation?

View PostTroutmonkey, on 02 March 2016 - 12:23 AM, said:

Me too, but I could never find the thread when I went looking for it. Possibly deleted

--> http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4163029

#28 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:18 AM

I've seen a few bots in the game. Typically they simply fire away in a linear line but stay stationary. Havent see this since the ban hammer was brought down a while ago.

Edited by mogs01gt, 02 March 2016 - 07:18 AM.

#29 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:32 AM

Damn I wish my frap had'nt crapped out on me.
It actually was moving quite naturally then it took some hits from a EBJ.
The EBJ ducked behind a rock as the mech returned fire, the bot continued firing, but got stuck on the rock.
Canyon Network was the map, anyway it continued firing as it slid around the rock.
Then it overheated and Jag got it.
I got the Jag.
So of course I ask if he was new, but no response.
Kinda weird, it had to be a bot.

#30 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 01 March 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

I've personally, more than once, had to leave my PC in a match to attend to a Child Emergency, to come back and find The Other Child monkeying with my PC

This is why you chain both children together, for increased efficiency

#31 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:42 AM

Those are not bots unfortunately, the truth is way more sinister.
Those are haxxors which PGI infected with their cure© virus to make the game fair again (finally, goddamit).
That's what you get evil cheaters! BAM! PGI in yo FACE!

#32 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:10 AM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 02 March 2016 - 05:42 AM, said:

lol, sometimes it is needing to run and grab something from my furry babies(dogs) that allows my humanoid spawns to take over my system. My youngest is pretty good though, sometimes I think I should let him play more often lmfao.

heh, sometimes when I get a chance to play, when the three year old is still up, I let him pick my mech for a match... I just wish I understood why he likes to have me pilot a Summoner....

View PostSoy, on 22 February 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

Image courtesy of Remarius @ mechspecs:

Posted Image

http://www.mechspecs...test-bots.8685/

Found one!

#33 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:39 AM

Posted ImageI was once pretty sure that I've been in a bot match. The whole enemy team was acting VERY weird (as in shoot, then stand still and just look at me while I punch its face in). We tried to communicate with them after we killed 9 of them and really wondered. But no one answered. They also used some really weird walking routes.

Weirdest match ever, and I were in quite a few.

I even asked Russ about it. https://twitter.com/...966288589684738

Edited by TexAce, 02 March 2016 - 08:41 AM.

#34 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:26 AM

View PostTexAce, on 02 March 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

Posted ImageI was once pretty sure that I've been in a bot match. The whole enemy team was acting VERY weird (as in shoot, then stand still and just look at me while I punch its face in). We tried to communicate with them after we killed 9 of them and really wondered. But no one answered. They also used some really weird walking routes.

Weirdest match ever, and I were in quite a few.

I even asked Russ about it. https://twitter.com/...966288589684738

Well, I do know that NoMoreCenturions is a member of our What Mech Challenge, so if he is a bot, PGI has developed some incredible AI and should have no trouble making a single player mode.

#35 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

View PostTarogato, on 02 March 2016 - 06:52 AM, said:

Thank you! This post is my favourite forum post of all time.

Spoiler

Edited by Troutmonkey, 02 March 2016 - 06:57 PM.

#36 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:40 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 02 March 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

Thank you! This post if my favourite forum post of all time.

I'm not afraid to admit that I giggled uncontrollably for a solid minute, maybe two... when he posted that gif. Posted Image

#37 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:49 PM

I still wonder about that one game...

New River City, spectating on a Hunchback 4J LRM mech. It was the strangest thing to watch. When he'd take more than a bit of damage, he'd go into what could only be described as an automated evasion routine, and every time was exactly the same. He'd stop, his torso would center - even if that offered no advantage - and he'd than walk basically the same distance in a zig-zag motion that also seemed perfectly scripted, with each "zig" just as long as the other. Then, he'd stop, uncenter his torso and go back to shooting LRM's. Late in the match, he stopped, spun around for no reason, and started shooting everything at... nothing at all. Nothing in the distance (at least nothing that could be seen or on radar), and nothing for his LRM's to lock on to.

That's the only match I recall that stands out as having behavior that just didn't seem, well, human. It was too perfectly scripted - every evasion routine exactly the same as the last, down to details that didn't matter - and the ending result of shooting off into space at nothing just reeked of an AI or bot getting confused.

So, yeah... not sure what to make of it. Do I honestly think MWO is "full of bots?" Nope... but I can't honestly say with certainty it is free of them, either.

Edited by oldradagast, 02 March 2016 - 06:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users