6 replies to this topic

#1 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:40 AM

Now that we have a map based on Grim Portico coming to the pub queues, how about a map using the crater area outside the base on Vitric Forge. It could be the same idea as Polar Highlands, just with the same cratering and rocky outcroppings (for cover) that were used in Vitric Forge. Could be a large map, just better cover.

#2 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:04 AM

I am STILL wondering why they cut their potential map pool in half by making them mutually exclusive. Surely they can be designed in such a way as to allow the same map to exist in both queues.....

#3 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:54 AM

View Postcdlord, on 02 March 2016 - 09:04 AM, said:

I am STILL wondering why they cut their potential map pool in half by making them mutually exclusive. Surely they can be designed in such a way as to allow the same map to exist in both queues.....

Just like how games like Battlefield use the same large-scale maps for their smaller modes. They just reduce the boundary boxes onto some of the more cluttered areas of the battlefield.

#4 Tristan Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:12 AM

View Postcdlord, on 02 March 2016 - 09:04 AM, said:

Sadly, PGI's decision to make 50% of CW maps long lanes with extremely limited movement comes back to bite them in the a**.

If they had listened to player feedback after Boreal Vault and Sulphorous Rift were released, they would have had more CW maps that could have been used for public matches too. But they were adamant in their approach and confident in their vision of Invasion mode as "Drop > Pick a lane > Walk > Brawl > Die > Repeat"

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...orge&m=invasion

#5 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

View PostTristan Winter, on 02 March 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

What multiple personality Tristan/Alistair said

Pretty much nailed it.

#6 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:38 AM

View PostTristan Winter, on 02 March 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

Sadly, PGI's decision to make 50% of CW maps long lanes with extremely limited movement comes back to bite them in the a**.

On most of the maps the attacker side would be usable for matches, and really if you just split them in half (attacker/defender) there's not really much reason all of them couldn't be available for quick play. Some would play better than others, but there's really not much excuse when we still have the original Frozen City in rotation.

#7 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:48 AM

View PostAgent1190, on 02 March 2016 - 06:40 AM, said:

Now that we have a map based on Grim Portico coming to the pub queues, how about a map using the crater area outside the base on Vitric Forge. It could be the same idea as Polar Highlands, just with the same cratering and rocky outcroppings (for cover) that were used in Vitric Forge. Could be a large map, just better cover.

NO! Please, No!
I don't mind the heat of that map. I don't mind the blinding sun. I can live with the knowledge that the right ramp is a segregated "no mechs over 80 tons" ramp. None of that is a problem. What is a problem is getting stuck on all those damn boulders out in the crater area with no degree of predictability. Sometimes ya do, sometimes ya don't. IMO it is a zillion times more annoying than the hang-ups folks used to complain about on Bog. The last thing I want is a Hoth sized map of that sort of start-stop-twist around-start-stop terrain.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users