Ghost Heat Ii

2 replies to this topic

#1 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:31 AM

Greetings Mechwarriors. Today I have a simple theory to share with you all. I believe that I've discovered what the next Ghost Mechanic will be and how it'll function to prevent high damage alpha strikes.

Unless they implement a traditional Heat Scale, Ghost Heat II is likely to function based on damage done in total rather than how many weapons are fired. Thus, an Alpha Strike of 30 or less damage would generate no additional heat. An Alpha Strike of 35 to 40 would generate a fair amount of extra heat. An Alpha Strike of 41 or greater would generate punishingly high levels of extra heat.

This would effect all 3 weapon families, Energy, Ballistics and Missiles differently. Ballistics may limit an alpha strike to 20 or less and would share a group with Energy to prevent boating of PPCS + Gauss or PPCS + AC10S from being meta.

What do you all think?

#2 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:33 AM

Tieing Ghost Heat to potential damage output of the weapons fired is fine by me. It's actually something I thought up a while back. No clue what the final product from PGI will be though. We'll have to wait and see™.

#3 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:35 AM

View Postcdlord, on 02 March 2016 - 08:33 AM, said:

Tieing Ghost Heat to potential damage output of the weapons fired is fine by me. It's actually something I thought up a while back. No clue what the final product from PGI will be though. We'll have to wait and see™.

True but it's fun to speculate. One of us will be proven correct.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users