Which Assault Mech Do You Find The Most Versatile

5 replies to this topic

#1 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:26 AM

Which Assault mech do you find to be the most versatile to use as a Clanner for Community Warfare?

#2 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Earth......

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:18 AM

I'm not super experienced with CW (Played the game for a while, but I haven't found a group I like playing CW with, and so I generally don't.), and I've never played clans, but I'd say your best choice for a clan assault would be the Timber Wolf. Yes, I realize that the Timber Wolf is a heavy, but from what I understand, and can observe fighting clans, the clan assaults just don't make the cut. They tend to be massive, and have poor weapon placement. The dire wolf is WAY too slow to catch up to the rest of your team (The timber wolf pilots will be massacred WAY before any Dire Wolf pilots actually reach the front lines, clan scum.), so it is generally unable to work in the highly mobile CW drop decks of the clans. The Executioner may be a bit faster, but its weapon placement is just not that good. The low slung arms mean you will be clipping a lot of shots trying to shoot over that pesky hill you're hiding behind. The warhawk............ Nice(ish) in pugs and group play, but.............. Imagine this *Dream wobbles into vision of future match.*

IS drop commander in insanely awesome Atlas painted in the colors of the glorious House Davion, "Push Delta 5, keep moving and focus fire on my targets." After pushing over the Delta 5 ridge line the IS forces encounter scattered and injured clan resistance, the victims of a previous firefight. After cresting over the hill the IS drop commander mistakes the Warhawk for Dire Wolf, "Sh*t, focus fire Echo, Dire wolf." However, by the time the IS commander realizes that the Warhawk is a non threat against a 12 man of Atlas's, and calls a new slightly more important target (Like a timber wolf), the ultra squishy Warhawk is already blown to bits by the furious fire of the focused Inner Sphere forces.

At least, that's how I see it going down. Now, I would HIGHLY recommend the Gargoyle. The reason is, because if I ever encounter an enemy assault, I usually hope it's a Gargoyle. They are pretty ultra bad. I mean, they can keep up with the timber wolves............. If you like an anemic over sized medium mech, would recommend.

Anyways, I would recommend the Timber wolf. Generally what I hear is that the clan drop decks have 1 or 2 timber wolves and then support of stormcrows or shadow cats.

Peace, and have fun

#3 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:23 AM

Warhawks have the biggest variety of builds but...they have interesting cons to them.

You can glass-cannon brawl with 80+ damage(i wouldnt alpha though)

You can Gauss vomit.

You can LRM(though i wouldnt)

You can do many things with 30 tons pod space but you have one ST you cant use ans the arms hang a bit low.

Warhawk has sh*tboxes and is scaled way too large. Squishy.

Warhawk has nice speed/agility but no JJ.

One of the few mechs that can benefit from a TC2+ depending on build.

#4 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:44 AM

If you have any measure of aggressive in your face beserker in you, i suggest the Executioner.

#5 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:22 PM

Executioner is the most versatile clan mech, it can brawl, laser vomit and snipe and contrary to Warhawk it has both pretty good hit boxes and high torso mounts, that said EXE at 95 tons is 10 tons heavier than warhawk, putting a WHK in your drop demands compromises and executioner only makes those worst. But in all honestly I wouldn't use clan assault in CW if optimization is your thing, clan heavies are too good and aren't such a huge weight investment in a drop.

As a finishing word, those combinations of TBR, HBR, EBJ, SCR and ACH get boring so if you are looking to spice things up executioner and warhawks are both DECENT choices for CW, DWF to a lesser exempt, but only in defence mode, never ever attack with a DWF... way too slow for those long distances.

#6 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:25 PM

urban mech

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users