Find Player From Recent Match

8 replies to this topic

#1 Coldethel

• Pip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:48 PM

How do I find a player from a recent match? I want to help the guy out (new player) but didnt catch the name properly in voice chat and now cant find him.

#2 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:51 PM

without a screen cap at least, there really is not a practical way.

#3 Coldethel

• Pip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:13 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 02 March 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

without a screen cap at least, there really is not a practical way.

OMG major gap! Someone call PGI !!

#4 Prof RJ Gumby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:57 PM

You know, you can send him an invite (or block him, that puts him on the friend list even faster, and with red letters!) right from the match/postmatch player's screen...

#5 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:26 AM

View PostColdethel, on 02 March 2016 - 08:13 PM, said:

OMG major gap! Someone call PGI !!

Typical pitfall of P2W

#6 D V Devnull

• 4,289 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:52 AM

Pure F2P here, and I've experienced this same problem myself. I had to start remembering that you can click a name in the scoreboard at any time before, during, and at the end of a match. When you do, it will provide options for sending friend invites, as well as blocking/reporting players that cause trouble. :wacko:

Honestly though, Coldethel, you're right about PGI needing to provide a feature to enable you to view a list of people you've recently played with/against. Probably no more than your 5-10 most recent matches should be enough, as long as they kept it sorted by match, or at least kept the most recent match list together and listed the rest alphabetically. It really has been the hole in the Social features that needs patching, as sometimes people will accidentally click out of a match when they meant to send friend invites first. :unsure:

~D. V. "Who knows if PGI will ever fix this one..." Devnull

#7 Ollorin

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:35 PM

View PostColdethel, on 02 March 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

How do I find a player from a recent match? I want to help the guy out (new player) but didnt catch the name properly in voice chat and now cant find him.

If you have an Nvidia card you can download "GeForce Experience" which includes ShadowPlay. With the ShadowPlay you can press alt+F10 and it will record the last x number of minutes to a file. I like to have mine set for 17 minutes so that if I have a good match I can hit alt+F10 and have a screen cap of the whole match. But if you set it to 5 minutes or so, you could use to to go back and check who you were talking to at the time. I know that isn't much help right now but it could be handy in the future.

#8 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:57 AM

View PostColdethel, on 02 March 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

Check the name in the scoreboard during match or after. Right-click and you can send an invite. After the game session ends, and you're back in the front end, there's really nothing you can do if you didn't see the name. From the front end, you can type it into your friends list and send an invite also.

#9 Coldethel

• Pip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 06:56 AM

View PostBoogie138, on 03 March 2016 - 02:26 AM, said:

Typical pitfall of P2W

Whatchu talkinbout Willis? Are you paying to win son?

Everyone else: thanks for the feedback. I missed the chance to catch him during the match and was looking for a way to get his name from a "recent history" or something like that. Guess there is no such feature yet.

For the record: P2W is for mugwumps. However, in a good F2P it is appropriate to "Pay to Appreciate the Devs". I paid for a couple Steam Performance Packs. Very happy with them. No advantage gained but I like my (S) variant mechs.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users