16 replies to this topic

#1 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:00 AM

Who else finds the so-called mini-game annoying?

I just want to cast my vote and get that match going. Instead I see the game map and mode percentages jumping all over the place as people randomly (or purposely) clicking the selections. Due to latency or whatever, the map or mode you "thought" you're getting is not what you actually got. Can we just limit one click for map and one click for mode? Your weighted vote can still count. Maybe we can even speed up the drops if the match starts as soon as everyone make their selections.

#2 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:01 AM

Just close your eyes after you cast your vote so you don't have to see those annoying "jumps".

#3 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:03 AM

I don't bother voting. It is a stupid system no one asked for. Just how goes to show how things operate around here.

#4 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:10 AM

I'm the sort of person who is so daft I don't often catch on to when something straightforward becomes game-affied. I'm the kinda guy who doesn't spend even a second trying to peel back the veneer to try to find some deeper or hidden complexity at work. I'm very straightforward like that.

That being said it was OBVIOUS to me that this voting system promoted mind games and abusing picking unpopular maps to make your vote more powerful later down the line. If it's obvious to me then it's really obvious.

Luckily it's going away soon.

#5 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:10 AM

The mini-game ends this month when they patch it. So you won't see any %'s until you click on the map/game mode. And you won't be able to change your selection.

The only mini-game then will be trying to be the first one to vote so you can see all the other map and game mode mode percentages move around. Exciting! :D

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 03 March 2016 - 08:12 AM.

#6 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:28 AM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 03 March 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

I don't bother voting. It is a stupid system no one asked for. Just how goes to show how things operate around here.

Yes, I hate Democracy also.

#7 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:43 AM

I never realized its a game. I just vote for what I want.

#8 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:50 AM

If I didn't have so much respect for PGI, fellow MWO players and this forum there would be plenty of expletives in between words in the sentences below.

The whole pregame mini game is completely stupid.
Blind vote. Done. I have no idea why anyone would put anymore time than necessary creating functionality to choose a map.

Maybe it's a Canadian thing, like bags of milk.

Edited by CygnusX7, 03 March 2016 - 08:50 AM.

#9 MrMadguy

• 2,203 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:57 AM

View PostCygnusX7, on 03 March 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

If I didn't have so much respect for PGI, fellow MWO players and this forum there would be plenty of expletives in between words in the sentences below.

The whole pregame mini game is completely stupid.
Blind vote. Done. I have no idea why anyone would put anymore time than necessary creating functionality to choose a map.

Maybe it's a Canadian thing, like bags of milk.

There are unexperienced or may be even incompetent game developers, who don't even realize, what consequences their terrible design decisions can cause, before it will actually happen.

Edited by MrMadguy, 03 March 2016 - 08:59 AM.

#10 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:22 AM

Your wish has been granted. Or will be soon. Announced at Town Hall last week.

Alas they haven't been willing to pay a transcription is for a transcript, so you have to watch the whole 4 hours instead of a 30 min read. I blame the Internet and podcasts. Human speech is soooo slooow. But soon much cheaper than paying someone to write, alas.

#11 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:47 AM

View PostDan Nashe, on 03 March 2016 - 09:22 AM, said:

Alas they haven't been willing to pay a transcription is for a transcript, so you have to watch the whole 4 hours instead of a 30 min read. I blame the Internet and podcasts. Human speech is soooo slooow. But soon much cheaper than paying someone to write, alas.

It's part of the March Roadmap: http://mwomercs.com/...27#entry5044127

Game Mode Voting Screen changes
As discussed in the previous Town Hall we are making some changes to the Map and Game Mode Voting. With the new system you will not see the vote percentages until you cast a vote yourself, and once you have cast a vote you cannot change it.

#12 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:55 AM

I love the voting minigame. It is one of my favorite features.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 03 March 2016 - 10:55 AM.

#13 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:33 PM

I actually like the voting system where you can strategize your votes. It actually allows you, when desired, to 1 shot pick a map for your mech to test it under desired map conditions. I think it is brilliant. The majority of the time, the "popular" maps get picked, for those comp people, and occasionally somebody with a plus 10 or so will just throw it all out the window and do something interesting for once. If we can't see votes and don't get the boosts, then I'm fairly certain the variety of maps will...

well...

*whistling* Posted Image

*bang* Posted Image

#14 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:41 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 03 March 2016 - 08:01 AM, said:

Just close your eyes after you cast your vote so you don't have to see those annoying "jumps".

Seriously, this.

I laugh at the people who complain about the voting "mini game" because they don't have to participate in it. If you vote and close your eyes, the result will be absolutely no different than the blind voting system that they're allegedly moving to.

This is 100% a non-issue. It's all in your head.

#15 LowSubmarino

• Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:54 PM

I never understood, why they implemented a voting system in the first place.

I believe I was one of maybe 2 people who cried about being forced to play bad maps. Cried about it for years in every respective or related thread.

Whenever the topic came up virtually every single member of this forum explained how voting would be a very bad thing.

None of the concerns ever made any sense to me but since there were - as I said - only 2 ppl who ever cried for a voting system, I was absolutely sure that there would never ever be a voting system in a thousand years.

Then they brought a voting system and I was in mild shock, since nobody ever supported this. Except, well, two ppl. 99,999999999999999999 % of the community never wanted a voting system.

I didnt quite understand, why they implemented it since nobody ever wanted it.

I was quite happy though.

Because what I had hoped for was finally reality.

Naturally, the good maps were favored. Ppl played canyon, mining, hpg, tourmaline, crimson and occasinally - rarely and thus bearable - some of the less fun maps.

Of course, ppl would choose the good maps. Because they were fun.

Then all of a sudden the devs realize that naturally nobody wants to play bad maps and the voting system gets changed to this completly akward thing we have now haha.

I mean....seriously. This is beyond my capabality of reasoning.

Either you allow the majority to choose the maps they prefer or you do not.

It all boils down to this weird philosophy of forcing ppl to play all maps. Which is and always will be a ****** choice. You cannot even disconnect or decide to stop playing on bad maps. You get banned for that haha. Ill never understand why bad maps that apparently the vast majority of players do not want to play get treated like vips that HAVE to be played no matter what.

Thats just a weird choice.

And it wont ever make sense to me. Ive read all the concerns and complaints. Still doesnt make one nanometer sense.

If 90 % of ppl avoid a map it simply is a bad and abysmal map.

If 90 % of ppl wanne play a map over and over again it is a good map. Let them play the good map and dont force anybody to play a bad map.

So easy.

So perfect.

But...sadly other ppl have different and weird opinions that just dont make any sense hehe.

We are forced to play bad maps and we have this completly weird voting system now (which isnt a voting system anymore but an experiment to mix oil and water) because some ppl simply have weird opinions and cannot see what is right there before their eyes.

Popular maps....good.

Unpopular maps...bad.

See?

So easy.

Even a 4 year old child can easily understand this concept.

#16 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:35 PM

I'm still a bit salty they take the minigame away. It was awesome once you had a 12/12 multi but too many people screaming "nerf voting" because they were bad at it and someone was better.

Oh wait, that is the typical MWO qq player...

Edited by 627, 03 March 2016 - 10:58 PM.

#17 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:07 PM

I only vote for Polar. The rest of the time I use my vote to try to avoid maps I hate.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users