6 replies to this topic

#1 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts
  • LocationComStar Cafeteria

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:31 AM

So I have brought this up in the forums before. It was awhile ago. Long story short. I have been playing on my main MWO account for almost a year. I have been a member since mid 2012 but stopped for awhile and forgot my password and all that stuff. So I made a new account about a year ago. Now I am not the best pilot buy I do alright. My Psr is usually always up and occasionaly everyone has bad games and it goes down. Now my tier bar has been at the same level for 5 months. Hasn't gone up and has not gone down. With this said it still says I am Tier 5. This is where all of you can start the critisism. I have been playing for almost a year and the bar stopped 5 months ago. Just completely stopped. I have researched everything I could about how the Tier system works and I should have made progress.

Now about 2 months ago I created a new account to see if it would happen again. And after 2 months I surpassed my main account Tier level and even more. Dropped down a tier. And with this account I was not doing as nearly as good as with my main. My main has all my hero mechs and favorite mechs to use. The second account just has whatever mechs I wanted to try out.

How in 2 months did I do better than my one year main account Tier wise? My tier bar moves like it should on this second account. I'm serious. My tier bar has not budged no matter how well I do on my main. Im trying to figure out why. And yes I can already see the comments saying "well you should just do better". " your not doing good". If this is true then how has my second account gone so well? In a quarter of the time.

My tier bar on my main has been stuck let's see ....about right under the bar it says minimize. The bar stops right at the beginning of the "M" in minimize and has been there since I can remember. I will say it again. I have progressed my PSR so much that it's not just saying ewual rating every game it's going up. And if my PSR were to go down or stay ewual 50% of the time I would understand this. But it doesn't.

Anyone ever have this problem.

#2 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:32 AM

How many drops in each account in a two month period of time?

#3 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:43 AM

The new account progresses faster than old one for a period of time, I believe through the cadet bonus. Helps to get the sharks out of the kiddie pool quicker. If you are holding position in a higher tier with the new account enough games will eventually see you there with the old one.

#4 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:44 AM

New accounts get an xp/rate bonus.

And it's hard to say otherwise, you could just be increasing very slowly based upon your performance.

Going up by the minimum amounts when you go up. Going down by the maximum amounts when you go downwards.

It's really hard to give you any more info than that without some stat tracking to go off of.

#5 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:00 AM

All has to do with number of games played and average. It takes a lot more effort to move the bar if you have a lot of games played. The following is just an example and not accurate:

Old account - 1000 games played / 100 upward PSR points = .1 (1/10th) tick on tier bar

New account - 100 games played / 100 upward PSR points = 1 full tick on tier bar

#6 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:05 AM

View PostCoolant, on 03 March 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

All has to do with number of games played and average. It takes a lot more effort to move the bar if you have a lot of games played. The following is just an example and not accurate:

This is true - if you played a lot of games and were deemed to be tier 5 rank, then each additional match is going to go up/down much more slowly. I also think there's cut-off points where it drops the movement by significant chunks as well, around every 1k matches played.

#7 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:00 PM

I'll trade you Tiers, you can have my Tier 3 from my IS account or my 4 from this one for your 5. I'd love the chance to play at 5, since I never got to.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users