#1 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:34 AM

Posted Image

I got to thinking since I usually try to keep a few of my mech builds as stock, usually these are ones that have been referenced or just iconic in lore or just in general. Some of these actually seem to do well though in Pub's and CW. Example would be.

Timberwolf D- The combination of twin PPC's and 4x Streak 6's actually makes this thing a decent light killer. Specially for those lights that think hiding behind ECM will help them, as I remember the other night PPC's disable ECM for a short bit of time, and if they think they can get close enough to try to get behind me ect. PPC to 24 SSRM's usually drives them off with some smoke trailing, or they simply flop over. This thing can also hold its own vs heavier opponents with a decent ability to brawl and advantage of PPC's is low exposure time if good at snap shots, plus the SSRM's can do some decent damage, though usually all over the other guy. The small laser is usually not the go to but it allows for something in high heat situations and on occasion it can get something.

Posted Image

Among a few others I have a Timberwolf Prime in stock configuration I enjoy playing, along with Executioner B and Shadowcat Prime very close to stock and can usually make them work well in Pub's.

#2 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:17 AM

I saw that Mad Cat II Die Cast in a store and I did'nt buy it... Then it was gone.
Deep Regret followed.

Anyway... You are very likely Correct, Its a Mad Cat.

Edited by Render, 03 March 2016 - 11:32 AM.

#3 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:39 PM

The Timber Prime probably, as long as you're not trigger happy. It can't really handle the heat from all it's weapons.

If we stray from existing MWO mechs, the Annihilators are also pretty nasty stock. My favorite is the 1G. I've used them a lot in MegaMek campaigns. One of the best anti-clan, or anti-anything mechs around.

#4 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:24 PM

Mad Cat Alt D seems to work in all the MechWarrior games. MW3 league had a stock mechs only setting and the D was the most common.

#5 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:34 PM

The Thunderbolt 9SE is reasonably playable out of the box.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users