• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:57 AM

Add-in a in-game voting polls to the client of the game. Add incentives, per say, for each poll you vote on, you get 75 MC or something along those lines.

This way people are both interested in actually voting in such a system on a game, but they also get to express their opinion on the game. I can say that the opinion of actual MWO players is in some ways, entirely different than the opinions stated here,

Plus, I bet PGI would actually listen to the community if they saw what everyone really thought (This sentence here is a opinion, but the rest a ideal that may be quite useful and good to the game).

Edited by Scout Derek, 03 March 2016 - 11:59 AM.
typo error on last sentence

#2 Kristian Radoulov

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 611 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:01 PM

Good idea. We should try it.

#3 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:01 PM

Out of curiosity, what makes people here not actual MWO players? I like the idea though.

#4 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:03 PM

I dunno about MC, I'd go with maybe cosmetic items and/or cbills but they've never used their launch window for anything other than advertising that weekend's mech sale or event. There's never any information on it other than that realistically. That's why I don't even bother paying any attention to it.

They could easily do the same thing with their newsletter that never gets sent out that they gave away 7 days premium time for in order to get players to sign up for it.

Things like this are what make me wonder what exactly they pay a community manager for.

View PostBilbo, on 03 March 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

Out of curiosity, what makes people here not actual MWO players? I like the idea though.

there's several on the forums that don't play. There's several that try to give feedback on the game that haven't played in a year or more.

#5 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

View PostBilbo, on 03 March 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

I should clarify, we make up only a small portion of the players that actually come here to the site here and post opinions. There's plenty more that actually don't come to the forums to post, let alone look at all, but just play.

#6 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

I was wondering the same thing. Am I not an actual MWO player because I only play when my friends are online?

The game bores me to death otherwise.

#7 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

I'm a bot.

#8 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:05 PM

It's a good idea though. Shouldn't even need to be rewarded for it other than them actually taking our feedback and making the game better.

#9 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:09 PM

View Postsycocys, on 03 March 2016 - 12:05 PM, said:

It's a good idea though. Shouldn't even need to be rewarded for it other than them actually taking our feedback and making the game better.

Promise of a reward, of some sort, might get someone to keep the news window open long enough to read anything displayed there. I know mine only stays open long enough to click the button to dismiss it.

#10 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:11 PM

View PostBilbo, on 03 March 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

Promise of a reward, of some sort, might get someone to keep the news window open long enough to read anything displayed there. I know mine only stays open long enough to click the button to dismiss it.

Don't make it pop up in the news window. It's not like it's that hard to add a tab for "Polls".

#11 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:17 PM

Good idea.

I think as others have suggested free stuff, rather than M.C as it could prove to be a bigger hit on Income.

Exclusive camo or when they arrive Decals that can only be aquired by voting for actually giving a damn about the game

#12 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:27 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 03 March 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

I should clarify, we make up only a small portion of the players that actually come here to the site here and post opinions. There's plenty more that actually don't come to the forums to post, let alone look at all, but just play.

a lot of players actively avoid the forums because they see some of the "feedback" on here and have no desire to get blasted, attacked, etc. because they
belong to a unit
are new
play as a premade
dare to disagree

or just flat out know that PGI doesn't bother using the forums to communicate anyhow

#13 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:28 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 03 March 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

I'm a bot.

That other bot yelling over your shoulder to do the dishes needs reprograming. :P

#14 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:36 PM

View PostSandpit, on 03 March 2016 - 12:27 PM, said:

a lot of players actively avoid the forums because they see some of the "feedback" on here and have no desire to get blasted, attacked, etc. because they
belong to a unit
are new
play as a premade
dare to disagree

or just flat out know that PGI doesn't bother using the forums to communicate anyhow

Pretty much all of this haha, but, this idea, alone, would be a great addition.

View PostCathy, on 03 March 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

Good idea.

I think as others have suggested free stuff, rather than M.C as it could prove to be a bigger hit on Income.

Exclusive camo or when they arrive Decals that can only be aquired by voting for actually giving a damn about the game

Incorporating a daily reward system for voting would be good too, like if you vote for 5 days straight or on 10 polls overall, you can get a camo for a select chassis that they could allow.

View Postsycocys, on 03 March 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

Don't make it pop up in the news window. It's not like it's that hard to add a tab for "Polls".

I think they should add the notice of the polls in-game should it ever arrive, but a new tab would be good, under home it could be named "Polls"

View PostSandpit, on 03 March 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

I dunno about MC, I'd go with maybe cosmetic items and/or cbills but they've never used their launch window for anything other than advertising that weekend's mech sale or event.

Hence why I said otherwise along with MC, any incentive alone is good, maybe MC consumables would be a alternative or 100K cbills.

#15 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:38 PM

i hate to be negative since i love the game and play it every day, but after 3 years i get the distinct impression that PGI is not really interested in anything except their own opinion. they have their own plan and we gotta like it or lump it

they do listen to us in a very general way if we bi*ch over and over about something, but as far as specifics they are pretty stubborn and are only interested in executing ideas they came up with themselves

Edited by JagdFlanker, 03 March 2016 - 12:39 PM.

#16 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:41 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 03 March 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

Pretty much all of this haha, but, this idea, alone, would be a great addition.

I agree, I was just trying to explain to those who were questioning what you meant by MWO players.

It's not that those posting on the forums aren't "real" players, it's just that the vast majority of players don't come to the forums, especially the GD section, for the reasons I listed above and honestly, according to the ones I talk to, the most common reason is that PGI doesn't listen to them anyhow.

#17 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:45 PM

View PostJagdFlanker, on 03 March 2016 - 12:38 PM, said:

i hate to be negative since i love the game and play it every day, but after 3 years i get the distinct impression that PGI is not really interested in anything except their own opinion. they have their own plan and we gotta like it or lump it

they do listen to us in a very general way if we bi*ch over and over about something, but as far as specifics they are pretty stubborn and are only interested in executing ideas they came up with themselves

I seem to remember a poll regarding 3pv that was the single largest poll in MWO history where THOUSANDS of players participated after PGI asked them to.

They then directly ignored and went against the poll that was overwhelmingly opposed to their idea. If you want a good example of why many feel the way they do you can turn to that as a very good representation of PGI not listening to polls.

The only way they'd get some ot overcome the cynicism IS to offer some incentives to participate because PGI has a long history of not listening to the feedback they request when it doesn't go the way they thought it would.

#18 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:54 PM

Hrm, an in-game survey....
Would there be only one, ever? Or one per patch cycle? Or multiple depending on what PGI wanted to know? There's a lot of potential overhead here.

#19 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:55 PM

I genuinely believe that PGI dont give a flying monkeys what the player base think unless Russ is getting bugged by enough people on twitter.

Edited by NextGame, 03 March 2016 - 12:55 PM.

#20 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:58 PM

View PostNextGame, on 03 March 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

I genuinely believe that PGI dont give a flying monkeys what the player base think unless Russ is getting bugged by enough people on twitter.

Mayhap we need a macro for twitter.... Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users