Sader Explains Domination To Hans Davion.

39 replies to this topic

#1 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:52 PM

http://www.twitch.tv...r325/v/52211764

#2 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:20 PM

There were some real crybabies that twitch session. Nothing wrong with being critical, it's how you go about it.

Doesn't help they didn't show it with 12v12 gameplay yet which will be significantly different. I advise anyone sane to wait until tomorrow when they do a larger stream to judge it.

#3 ColdPsyker1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:27 PM

Minimally viable product

#4 Onimusha shin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:39 PM

HANS GET REKTED!

#5 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:42 PM

I'll wait till I see proof, but a wait after wiping the team makes no sense for such a mode. For conquest it makes sense because it might still be possible to win, but not for this.

#6 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:50 PM

What the **** are Paul and Bryan smoking.

#7 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:52 PM

game mode sounds awful ¬_¬. Killing the other team's omega should end the game if all of the enemy mechs are destroyed.

Edited by NextGame, 03 March 2016 - 11:53 PM.

#8 Thunderbird Anthares

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:55 PM

"hey guys, we're just testing this, obviously when it goes live killing them will get you a win"

IT REQUIRES ONLY THIS MUCH TO NOT FEEL COMPLETELY WRONG

#9 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:09 AM

View PostNextGame, on 03 March 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

game mode sounds awful ¬_¬. Killing the other team's omega should end the game if all of the enemy mechs are destroyed.

I imagine they realized this when they realized mid stream how boring it was to sit there after they won.

#10 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:16 AM

When and where was this stream by PGI?

It if would exist, people would be speaking about it here in the forum and not wait for crypuppies to listen how they talk with each other about it.

Edited by TexAce, 04 March 2016 - 04:16 AM.

#11 Thunderbird Anthares

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:24 AM

well, people dont really watch PGI's stuff that much

mostly because if they do, after they discover what PGI did NOT say - it turns out it was a waste of time

best to just read patch notes and the occasional post about something relevant, but you're always going to end up slamming into that wall anyway

#12 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:33 AM

View PostTexAce, on 04 March 2016 - 04:16 AM, said:

It if would exist, people would be speaking about it here in the forum and not wait for crypuppies to listen how they talk with each other about it.

"If it would exist"

Are you implying I made this up?

#13 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:36 AM

View PostSader325, on 04 March 2016 - 04:33 AM, said:

"If it would exist"

Are you implying I made this up?

I'm implying I want a source. And yes.

Edited by TexAce, 04 March 2016 - 04:37 AM.

#14 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:38 AM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 03 March 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

What the **** are Paul and Bryan smoking.

The rolled up dollar bills you people sent them for new shiny pixels...

View PostTexAce, on 04 March 2016 - 04:36 AM, said:

I'm implying I want a source. And yes.

http://www.twitch.tv...ames/v/52189164

#REKT

#15 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:45 AM

View PostVorpalAnvil, on 04 March 2016 - 04:38 AM, said:

The rolled up dollar bills you people sent them for new shiny pixels...

#REKT

LOL if you think someone can feel "rekt" by you posting a link, you did not go though much in your life, kid.

Thanks for the link by the way.

Next time it belongs into the OP.

#16 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:50 AM

View PostTexAce, on 04 March 2016 - 04:45 AM, said:

LOL if you think someone can feel "rekt" by you posting a link, you did not go though much in your life, kid.

Thanks for the link by the way.

Next time it belongs into the OP.

You implied the OP was a liar, I proved you wrong but I'm the jerk? lol Ok...

#17 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:52 AM

View PostTexAce, on 04 March 2016 - 04:16 AM, said:

It's on their official Twitch page <_<

Look, I'm usually one of the more optimistic people to jump in and play devil's advocate on PGI's behalf. I think a lot of people in this community have clear biases and like to jump to conclusions.

That said, what I saw on stream is probably the single worst execution of a shooter/action game mode I've seen for a major release.

All of the flaws people are shouting about appear very real and blatant. There appears to be no way to win on the objective without killing the entire enemy team. Once this is done there is literally no way the exterminated team can win through the objective, but the victorious team still needs to spend a sum total of 5 minutes in the circle. And since damage taken disables your ability to cap for 5 seconds there will be little to no cap built up before one team is dead.

If you want an example of a good king of the hill mode in a similar format, look to Star Conflict. Here's how it works there:
- cap point appears, teams fight over it
- capping can be done under fire
- at set intervals the cap position instantly changes to a distant location

The changing location thing is great because it means one team can recognize and accept they've lost one engagement and choose to preempt their opponents in moving to the next location. The team that's ahead could also do this, but they risk either splitting their forces or leaving the current node undefended. I think something along these lines could suit MWO well as it'd give a clear role to mobility while not excluding traditionally slow heavy hitters.

#18 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:53 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 03 March 2016 - 11:42 PM, said:

I'll wait till I see proof, but a wait after wiping the team makes no sense for such a mode. For conquest it makes sense because it might still be possible to win, but not for this.

I think technically if team A were to run up their clock to like 4mins+ and then all die, if Team B did not run up their clock as much and the overall game clock was under 5mins, then Team A could still win even though they are all dead.

Not advocating this functionality, just saying that a win by the all dead team is technically possible.

If they are really sold on this "match isn't over till the objective is played", the least they could do is double time the clock once one team is dead.

Edited by Hobo Dan, 04 March 2016 - 04:56 AM.

#19 Parnage Winters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:54 AM

10/10 Game Mode.
Why should I play Domination when they themselves don't seem willing to play it and speed up the timer to win? Sitting on a cap doing jack all is a failure of design.

I seriously hope they don't release this as is because it won't matter with 12v12 or 1v1 because it'll be everyone go to the circle, fight it out, and the survivor team wasting time for a countdown.

Guess we didn't buy enough mechpacks for them to figure out capping things with no effort is a waste of time for players and worst of all, BORING

Edited by Parnage Winters, 04 March 2016 - 04:56 AM.

#20 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:58 AM

View PostShalune, on 04 March 2016 - 04:52 AM, said:

It's on their official Twitch page Posted Image

Look, I'm usually one of the more optimistic people to jump in and play devil's advocate on PGI's behalf. I think a lot of people in this community have clear biases and like to jump to conclusions.

That said, what I saw on stream is probably the single worst execution of a shooter/action game mode I've seen for a major release.

All of the flaws people are shouting about appear very real and blatant. There appears to be no way to win on the objective without killing the entire enemy team. Once this is done there is literally no way the exterminated team can win through the objective, but the victorious team still needs to spend a sum total of 5 minutes in the circle. And since damage taken disables your ability to cap for 5 seconds there will be little to no cap built up before one team is dead.

If you want an example of a good king of the hill mode in a similar format, look to Star Conflict. Here's how it works there:
- cap point appears, teams fight over it
- capping can be done under fire
- at set intervals the cap position instantly changes to a distant location

The changing location thing is great because it means one team can recognize and accept they've lost one engagement and choose to preempt their opponents in moving to the next location. The team that's ahead could also do this, but they risk either splitting their forces or leaving the current node undefended. I think something along these lines could suit MWO well as it'd give a clear role to mobility while not excluding traditionally slow heavy hitters.

Oooo i don't remember much about my time in star conflic. But i DO remember this game mode, and it WAS actually quite fun to play.

Technically star conflict also allowed you to bring a "dropdeck" a system we have in place already in this game. Look at that, we already have a game mode in this thread thats more fun than PGI's "domination" gamemode.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users