7 replies to this topic

#1 EasyPickings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 192 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:06 AM

I just got out of a game where half of my PPCs went right through the target!

PPCs shouldn't go right through what they're hitting and still get snagged on an invisible edge of a rock outcropping or hill!

What ever is wrong with the hit registration needs fixing if PPCs are ever to be considered viable.

#2 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:11 AM

If they missed because of bad hitboxes / hit registration code, it would be fixable (for a price that is probably too high or otherwise it have would already been done).

If they missed because of lag, it's not fixable. You can't "fix" lag. Your client's commands just came too late.

#3 Nauht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:15 AM

What's your ping like? Only time I've had that happen to me is when my ping spiked into the hundreds. Definitely lag for me.

#4 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:24 AM

Australian here. A good night on NA server is 250pin and my dual PPC WHM is wrecking face at 800m.

Maybe video your gameplay and play it back at 1/4 speed. A lot of the time, you are missing by mere pixels but because of PPC particle effect, it's really hard to tell with the naked eye.

#5 EasyPickings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 192 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:02 AM

My best ping is around 150 on OC servers. The NA and EU are around 300, so it's probably lag. That rules out PPC use for me on those servers.

#6 Thunderbird Anthares

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:04 AM

i've seen PPCs on my ping ~122 go straight through a target close in front of me and impact the wall behind him only to hear a ping ~60 player on TS complain about it half a second later

i have seen it many, many times

i love PPCs... i cant use them, i just... cant... its too frustrating

MWO's netcode is kind of terrible in places

#7 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:08 AM

It isn't a ping problem. On eu-servers I play never with a ping higher than 20 and see ppcs fligh through mechs.

#8 GreenHell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationGrandmas House

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:13 AM

I play with 50 ping on NA and my PPC's can pass through targets as well. It's deffinitely a hit-reg issue, and not just PPC's are affected. Someone posted a video recently of some 1v1 battles where the AC/20 was obviously hitting the target (massive spark shower), but registered 0 damage on the stormcrow he was shooting. It was pretty blatant...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users