Nascar Retribution

7 replies to this topic

#1 Malachy Karrde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:47 AM

Last night a team learned to not nascar on polar highlands. My dire wolf and a mauler were the only assaults. I yelled in chat..."hey you guys are leaving 100 tons of weapons behind". I looked at the mauler, shrugged, and we agreed to find a good place to defend when the inevitable hsppened. 6 minutes later, the remaining four mech in our "team" come running back towards us with zero kills. The mauler pilot said "should we save them from their own stupidity?" I agreed and we broke cover and charged into the enemy team. 2 minutes later it was all over, but the mauled and I racked up 9 kills and he had 1540 damage and I had 1610. We lost 12 to 9, but goes to show why you shouldn't leave your heavy hitters behind. Was a hell of a fun match.

#2 Aetes Nakatomi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:09 AM

Best match I have ever had was a Nascar. I was in my Boom Direwolf and all 11 mechs just ran off, got 2 kills between them all and died. I ROFL stomped my way through 9 reds before I ran out of ammo and got my clock cleaned by the last mech on the red team. Which ironically was their Direwolf that they Nascared away from...

#3 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:13 AM

Congrats. Most times you are the ones preparing the enemy mechs to be killed by your nascar guys. If you are good your team will win because you bought them enough time if you are bad or unlucky they obliterate you and your team gets picked 1by1 because they nascar to the max stretching themself thin.

Edited by Kotzi, 04 March 2016 - 06:15 AM.

#4 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:40 AM

It's often illuminating to see what PuG teams can achieve when they NASCAR towards their assault lance instead of away from it Posted Image

#5 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:45 AM

Don't Nascar me! I don't even play QP anymore, don't bring that crap into CW!

Ooooohhhh.... Yeah it's the best strategy for slow assaults. Find a defensible position where the enemy would have to come through single file and then do what you can.

#6 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:48 AM

Usually, if you friendly say "please wait for assaults" or "please don't nascar away from assaults", people will wait, at least to some degree.
You just have to not sound spiteful or so, but friendly.

#7 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:49 AM

View PostMalachy Karrde, on 04 March 2016 - 05:47 AM, said:

Last night a team learned to not nascar on polar highlands. My dire wolf and a mauler were the only assaults. I yelled in chat..."hey you guys are leaving 100 tons of weapons behind". I looked at the mauler, shrugged, and we agreed to find a good place to defend when the inevitable hsppened. 6 minutes later, the remaining four mech in our "team" come running back towards us with zero kills. The mauler pilot said "should we save them from their own stupidity?" I agreed and we broke cover and charged into the enemy team. 2 minutes later it was all over, but the mauled and I racked up 9 kills and he had 1540 damage and I had 1610. We lost 12 to 9, but goes to show why you shouldn't leave your heavy hitters behind. Was a hell of a fun match.

1 in 1000 drops...

as a light, fatties are both bait and prey combined.

#8 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:53 AM

Its the I'm just as fast as him mentality.
  • The lights go rushing off to try to flank the enemy.
  • The lighter-mediums think "hey I am fast enough to join them only 10 kph slower" and they follow.
  • Then the other medium-mediums see the light medium and say 'Hey i am only 10 kph slower than that guy so I can flank too!"
  • Then he heavy mediums say, "I'm only 10 kph slower than that other medium-mediums so I can follow and flank too!"
  • Then the light heavies see the heavy mediums and think "Hey I am only 10 KPH slower than him so I can follow too!"
  • Now the medium heavies and heavy-heavies see the light heavy running off and think "well I am only 10 kph slower than him so I should go where he is going."
  • So then we are left with the over-engine assaults who see the heavies going and think, "I am only 10 kph slower than that guy and I don't want to be caught alone so i will go with him."
  • Finally you see the heaviest assaults looking at the ever-extending chain of mechs and think, "Oh god, the lights from the other team are going to be on me in a minute."

Edited by nehebkau, 04 March 2016 - 06:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users