• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:50 PM

View PostSandpit, on 07 March 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

far too many

collisions
HSR
CW queues

you name it, just about every feature players have asked for over the last 4 years. When it takes a year just to simply redesign a GUI, you should know you're in trouble

I'd be pleasantly surprised if, when PGI upgrades the engine, we get everything we've been asking for that this engine simply could not support.

#22 Master Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:54 PM

I would like to be able to sort my mechs by weight. I want my 20 tonners at the top and my 100 tonners at the bottom, or have the 100 tonners at the top and the 20 tonners at the bottom. I dont like sorting them alphabetically by weight class.

#23 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:27 PM

TBH, I'd use hashes: Hash over a players local inventory, send only the hash to the server, compare with a hash of the serverside inventory, if it matches, everything is ok. If there is a mismatch, reload everything from the server (or, use multiple hashes and only reload the sections which did not match). That would reduce the amount of data which needs to be send/received.

#24 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:21 PM

View PostZerberus, on 07 March 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

Well, since you can´t really belong to 2 factions at the same time, this would be a bit pointless (or can mercs play one match clan, one match IS? Dunno, always have and will be Clan Wolf)

I would like to see the 4 mech favorites box make a return, though, as even with class and faction sorting it can sometimes take a bit to find the mech you´re looking for....

If you look at the thread in my sig, you will understand where I am coming from.

#25 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:09 PM

View Postcazidin, on 07 March 2016 - 03:50 PM, said:

I'd be pleasantly surprised if, when PGI upgrades the engine, we get everything we've been asking for that this engine simply could not support.

well.... I don't think it's o much that the engine CAN'T support as PGI wasn't experienced enough with the engine. From what I've read and seen cry might be a great graphical engine, but it leaves a lot to be desired in being user-friendly to developers. Especially developers taht are new to the engine and don't buy the optional support packages.

#26 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:11 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 07 March 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

Set your screen to a lower 4:3 resolution and we see that UI scales incorrectly. In order to put buttons.
Unless we want to wait 2 more years before they have properly scaling mechlab UI to make room for those buttons...

It would probably be best to simply add a button to the thumbnails to favorite the mechs, which add those mechs into a separate category (like the expandable/collapsable ones for Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault...)
  • If you select "All" filter, the Favorites Category is populated with all your favorite mechs (chosen by clicking a Star icon on the mech's portrait/thumbnail)
  • If you select "Medium" filter, the Favorites Category is only populated with your favorite medium mechs. etc. for other weight classes.
  • If you select a weight class that does not have any Favorite mechs, there will not be a Favorites Category.
I'll post a mock-up if someone needs to see it.

My MS Paint mock-up was just a way for me to get my point across. I don't expect (it to be added) it to look like mine if it's added. Feel free to share, I'm not the only one with good ideas and answers. :)

#27 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:58 PM

View PostDirk Le Daring, on 07 March 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

If you look at the thread in my sig, you will understand where I am coming from.

With all due respect, I´m not going to (re)read a whole thread from last year for a simple yes /no answer. I´m insane, not bored to death Posted Image

But thanks anyway, if I ever really care about the answer at least I know where I can find it *raises beer stein*

Edited by Zerberus, 08 March 2016 - 01:00 PM.

#28 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:06 PM

It'd be even better if we could save our drop decks, have multiple drop decks & save loadouts.

#29 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 08 March 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

It'd be even better if we could save our drop decks, have multiple drop decks & save loadouts.

Woah now, let's not get carried away. :P

#30 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,071 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:48 PM

this is nice

i also kind of want to sort my mastered mechs from my elited mechs and others.

#31 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:28 PM

What would be nice is have the ability to save your Drop Deck's modules configuration without having to manually add them each time. I pick and install module on each mech before I drop, then remove them and put them back into my inventory after the match. Having to do that to 4 mechs each time I want to drop into CW is a pain. That's one of the reason I don't play CW much. It remembers my Drop Deck. Why can't it remember the modules I configured and just grab them from my inventory. If I forgot to remove it from a mech that has it and it's not in the inventory, then just ignore it.

#32 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:22 PM

View Postcdlord, on 08 March 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

My MS Paint mock-up was just a way for me to get my point across. I don't expect (it to be added) it to look like mine if it's added. Feel free to share, I'm not the only one with good ideas and answers. Posted Image

Thanks, and sorry too, by the way. I didn't mean to diss your picture haha, It actually really well done. I agree that regardless how it's implemented, it would just be nice to have a favorites filter. The CW drop deck is a great idea too! It'd be cool if there was a way to simply "drag and drop" mechs into the 4 slots from the mech lab instead of loading a whole new separate mech select screen.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 08 March 2016 - 03:23 PM.

#33 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:58 PM

View PostAloha, on 08 March 2016 - 02:28 PM, said:

What would be nice is have the ability to save your Drop Deck's modules configuration without having to manually add them each time. I pick and install module on each mech before I drop, then remove them and put them back into my inventory after the match. Having to do that to 4 mechs each time I want to drop into CW is a pain. That's one of the reason I don't play CW much. It remembers my Drop Deck. Why can't it remember the modules I configured and just grab them from my inventory. If I forgot to remove it from a mech that has it and it's not in the inventory, then just ignore it.

I know this is probably going to sound like a pompous 1%er, but why not just buy more modules? All my CW mechs as well as my main PUG mechs have full sets that I consider permanent equipment, if a mech needs a module, it gets to grind for it.. ;)

#34 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:07 PM

View PostZerberus, on 08 March 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

I know this is probably going to sound like a pompous 1%er, but why not just buy more modules? All my CW mechs as well as my main PUG mechs have full sets that I consider permanent equipment, if a mech needs a module, it gets to grind for it.. Posted Image

Because I'd rather spend my c-bills on new mechs than modules. I already have multiples of a few modules, but I like playing different mechs and trying different load outs.

#35 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:26 PM

View PostZerberus, on 08 March 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

With all due respect, I´m not going to (re)read a whole thread from last year for a simple yes /no answer. I´m insane, not bored to death Posted Image

But thanks anyway, if I ever really care about the answer at least I know where I can find it *raises beer stein*

You did ask. Posted Image

#36 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:16 AM

I made a thread and poll asking for the OP's suggestion plus a few other ideas.
http://mwomercs.com/...echlab-filters/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users